Battleborne

Black Raven, White Tiger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOOJUNG:

"Bogum?" I repeated. "Park Bogum?" I'm trying to recall where I heard that name. I'm sure I heard it somewhere. 

I made my way back to the barracks. But as I am about to reach The door my stomach began to rumble. 

"Oh God, I must've eaten too much." I said to my self.

I opened the door and found the twins Yuna and Yura in a panic.

I looked around and realized that our room is empty.

"What happened?" I panicked.

"I don't know. The door was opened when we arrived." Yura said.

"This can't be." Yuri said passing me.

We followed her. Sure, I wanted to go to the toilet and answer nature's calling.

"Yah!" Yuri yelled at another room. But they too have an empty room.

"Lost your things too?" One girl asked.

But before we could answer a loud siren startled us.

All of the girls ran out of their rooms. I saw their rooms are empty too. 

We all run outside and found all of the newcomers in the field. There are two men in their traditional white hakchangui with purple and blue embroidery in the center.

One man spoke.

"Welcome to Royal Military Academy." He began. "As planned, we will begin tomorrow. But the Queen Regent wanted an earlier welcome by surprising you."

The rumbling of my stomach grew louder.

"The initiation rites shall be done tonight."  He continued.

"The Queen has gone mad again." Murmured one guy behind me.

"What do you mean?" I whispered.

"The reign of the new King will begin soon. Sure she wants this training as quick as possible before the reign." He answered.

"You might have noticed your things gone." The other man said. "As part of the initiation, you must find a way to survive in the jungle. Overnight." He said.

Complains and frustrations are heard. Most of these kids lived in military ranks where their parents are able to provide them with comfort.

"This is not just a physical test but also a psychological one. We will return your luggage in the morning." He said.

They both turn to leave. But one man paused. "Be careful who to trust." He reminded us.

And with that the lights were gone.

There was nothing but pitch black. 

I realized that they started to move. I was just their standing, frozen.

Someone bumped me causing me to fall on the ground.

I forced my self to stand up and followed my instinct.

I was just walking and walking. I could still hear the footsteps of the others. Then I walked a little more until I bumped into a tree. The goal is to survive the night, to protect yourself, and to be careful who to trust, but not to kill.

A firm hands grip my shoulder. I thought of pulling his arm and throwing him on the ground, but I thought, the system will not kill us. 

"Who are you?" i asked.

He whispered to me. "Hold this canister and decide what you have to do with it. Nobody should take this away form you." He said. "Be safe." Then he was gone even before I could turn to ask.

"Otoke?" I asked myself. 

A few more seconds and my eyes adjusted to the dark. Now I can see trees. Others are still running but I decided to stick to what i was ordered to do. "Protect the canister and be safe."

I hid behind the tree.

I walked some more just to be away avoiding the path. 

I squat on the ground. Hy stomach began to rumble again.

I'm hugging the canister tightly. I dont know what is inside but I have to protect it nomatter what.

Then I heard footsteps walking towards me.

"Someone's hiding here." I heard one deep voice. 

"Let's catch it." The other one suggest.

My stomach began to rumble again and I was so bloated that it felt like its about to explode.

I wanted to run but I cant run. I might lose the canister if they find me. 

Think! Think! 

Pfffffffffttttt... just then, my dilated and let out a gas that could kill anyone within ten meter radius. The fart was silent. And as the saying goes, the silent it is, the more deadlier it gets.

"! What's that smell?" One of them complained.

"Skunk! It's a skunk!" The other one cried then they runaway.

"Aish! Skunk!" I hissed. "I'm gonna beta you to death if I get a chance." I murmured.

I stood up an flick the dirt off my pants.

"That was deadly." 

"Sonofa!" I was surprised!

"You ate too much!" A low voice spoke from somewhere above me.

I'm so ashamed of my self, I just want the ground to crack open and swallow me whole! I know that voice. It's from the guy at the dinner. Park Bogum.

Sure the smell is still here. It's lingering and it felt like its here to stay.

He jumped off the tree and landed in front of me.

He waved his hand as if shooing away the bad air.

This is bad. Bad for my image.

"I see you got the canister." He said.

I immediately hid it behind my back.

He waved his hand at me showing his canister. "I got one too." He said.

"Who knows, you might want more." I said maintaining a straight face.

"So what do you plan to do with that canister?" He asked.

"Protect it?" I answered.

"Even if you don't know what's inside?" He asked again.

"Better to protect it than give it away." I said.

Then I heard another footstep. 

"Hide hide." I whispered to him.

Instead he pulled my hand. 

The next thing I know, he was holding me on the waist and lifted me up.

"Up!" He ordered me.

I'm too tiny compared to him. He might be standing 6 feet tall and a leaner physique. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter