Prologue

Black Raven, White Tiger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sokor is a country divided into three Kingdoms. Bulgeumyong, Galgamagwi and Huinholangi. 

And this is where I live, Huinholangi: A kingdom of boundaries where rules are endless. This is a kingdom where even dogs nor cats dare to live. Men are separated from women from the day they turn 7. The highest ranks says that both men and women are treated equally but then men are trained to be stronger and smarter and women are trained to be graceful and loyal to their husbands.

And not just that, even in schools girls are separated from boys. Even in the same school, the boys are have separate entrance from girls. Same thing happens in universities. That means dating and all the flirtations are strictly prohibited.

 


"If you can make this can stand, I will spare you." This really has a lot of nerve to bugger me while I eat. What's her name once again? I forgot. I'm not good at remembering names of people I dislike. Father said, never hold grudges. So even this girl has been bullying me for almost five years now, I have no intentions of knowing her name and remembering it. If I do, godknows what I can do to her.

The Rains of Castamere echoing inside the huge room in this castle-like institution. This ballroom was made use as a cafeteria for students. There is no partition between male and female but they cannot seat together. 

"Yah!" The swat my spoon. "You wanna die?" She yelled at me.

I dropped my fork. I can hear chanting from the other girls.

"Fight. Fight. Fight." The chanting goes.

"Fine... I'll, give you what you want." This is a school for the elites. All students here are children of the rich and the famous. The chaebol, the actors, the government officials and even the royal blood. And I myself is the daughter of Kim Gun Gyeong, the Lord of swords of the kingdom.

I gracefully pick a napkin and wiped my lips.

"What do you want?" I stood up facing her.

I can feel the prying eyes around me. Not just from the females but also from the males. Growing up without a complete pair of parents may be a sin in this institution. Kids made fun of me growing up without a mother. Mother died after I was born and father raised me alone. Although he was of noble blood and a high ranking official, I was not spare of the judgements of these kids. 

She hissed. "Make this can stand." She moved her head closer to me. "If you cant, You're going to strip and run around the campus."

"And if I can make this stand I will break every bone in your finger so you dont touch anyone with your filthy hands." I said to her.

I saw fear in her eyes when I grabbed the can of soda from her hand. I opened it and drank the contents of it leaving just about less than half. Then without any haste, I place the can over the table. Making it stand by the edge.

Her eyes widened and gasp in surprise. But in a matter of a second, I grabbed her hand. Pressed her wrist, twisted it and cracked the joints making her kneel on the ground.

She cried in pain. "Oh my god!" She cried.

When her minions tried to approach her, I turned to them giving a deadly stare.

They stopped. 

"Kim Yoo Jung!" The head mistress' voice echoed making everyone stop.

Again.

"I did not start the fight head Mistress." I said. 

"Kim Yoo Jung..." he chubby cheeks is so fluffy, I wanna pinch it. "Who started the fight?"

And for the Nth time, all fingers pointed at me.

"To my office!" She yelled. She turned to leave.

"Serves you right." I heard the whispered behind me.

I stopped walking and turned to her. "But you can never use that filthy hands of yours again." I told her and gave her a wicked smile.

I turned around and walk out of the hall. As soon as the door opened, a group men walked in. The two on the side looked stiff and old enough to be studying. The one in the middle is taller by an inch or two. His suit is well cut. His hair is sleek and pompadoured. I can say that this man could belong to a high ranking family. 

As a woman of this kingdom, I am supposed to step aside when a man of nobility walk by. A woman has to make way for a man.

But instead, I raised my head high and maintained a straight face as I pass them by.

I caught in my gaze the two men were surprised by my action. They turned to me as I flick my hair. I caught the man in the middle suppress a smile.

"Yah!" i heard one man yelled.

"Don't." Said the man in the middle.

I did not stop walking.

 


Father pressed his temples as he speak. "Kim Yoo Jung! When will you stop making a scene young lady?"

"I told you father, I did not started the fight." I explained.

"You broke Lady Hana's fingers." He said.

So Hana is the name. I pressed my lips.

"Don't be such a disgrace. I raised you by my rules yet you grew up just like your mother!" He yelled. 

My mother. My fictional mother. I never knew who she was. Father never gave a name and I dont even know how she looks like. I was often bullied because I was the only one without a mother.

Father stood up to leave. As he reached the door I spoke. "Hana." He stopped. "I don't know who she was." 

Father turned to me. 

"She locked me at the dungeon five years ago." I began. "She poured hot water on my hands before." I said. "I suffered for five years in her hands father. And her hands needs t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter