IV

Unpleasantly Beautiful

Helloooo! How are you guys doing? I hope this story will make you happy! Thankyou for subscribing and reading my story! Leave some love for me by subscribe and put comments also upvote okay? Thankyou! XOXO!

 

 

Mark walked outisde from the practice room and saw Jaehyun was taking a break in the room across him. Mark decided to open the door and talked to Jaehyun for a while. “hyung” he greeted him.

“Oh Mark! Hai!” Jaehyun greeted him. He seemed tired but a smile was still appear in his face.

“Are you coming with me tomorrow?” Mark asked him directly, “I thought I’m going to be alone there”

“Well you’re not because I’m going to be there” Jaehyun laughed, “Dokyeom will be there too anyway, I want to see him”

“Ahh I see” Mark nodded and mumbled, “so it’s not because of Erin right?”

“Why? you don’t want her to be close with me?” Jaehyun laughed.

“No it’s not that it’s just...” Mark looked around; making sure that there was only them inside of the room, “I need to tell you something”

“What is it?” Jaehyun got curious. Mark seemed really suspicious and he really wanted to know what was that about.

“Well,” Mark sighed and prepared himself, “I’m actually dating her... somehow...”

 

 

 

You what?!” Jaehyun got shocked and paused for a second. He did not realize the news was that big.

“Not for real, but we’re on a fake relationship right now” Mark explained, “of course I won’t date her, you know that”

“But Mark.. why?” Jaehyun got really confused. He never thought that Mark would do such things; especially with Erin.

“Well Erin said.. and it’s true.. that the best way to keep Arin interested in me is to leave her, so I pretend to date Erin to see how she reacts” Mark explained, “so far, she acts differently towards me about certain things. I don’t know if it’s a good or bad things”

“Well,” Jaehyun sighed, “I don’t know how to react”

“Then do not react,” Mark looked at Jaehyun, “you cannot tell anyone that it’s fake, no one at school should know”

“But Erin knows right?”

“Yeah of course”

“Great” Jaehyun laughed, “okay I will keep it as a secret, meanwhile, you should behave because I will be your supervisor for the next 3 days” Jaehyun laughed and leave the room without Mark; leaving him alone in the practice room looking at the mirror.

 

***

 

“Erin-ah! Erin-ah!”

Erin could hear someone was calling her from far. She looked around and saw bunch of girls waving at her. She never have friends but now, everyone wants to be her friends. ‘The power of dating SM members’ she nodded slowly.

Erin decided to approach the girls and looked at them, “y-yes? May I help you?” She asked with a stutter in her voice. She hate her guts that is only as big as ants.

“Here’s some juice for you!” A girl gave her a can of apple juice. Erin smiled and grabbed it immediately, “oh get some more! This is for Mark!” Another girl hand her a grape juice.

“Mark?” Erin got confused.

“Yeah, your boyfriend!” The girl tried to remind him, “give him grape juice! He likes that”

“AH AH YES” She nodded and bowed a little bit, “thankyou!”

“Don’t forget to give that to Mark okay?” The girls giggled, “and remember, yours is the apple one!”

 

 

“What’s with the apple juice?”

 

Mark all of the sudden showed up next to Erin. He put his arms on Erin’s shoulder and hugged her a bit, “hey Erin-ah. I miss you” He whispered to Erin’s ear but in a decibles that other people can actually hear.

“awww they’re so cute!” The girls looked at them, “I’m really envy!”

“M-Mark” Erin stuttered again, “you should stop surprising me like that!”

“I am so sorry!” Mark patted Erin’s head and smiled. He looked at the girls and looked at them, “I can have the apple juice right? I think I like the apple better” he asked.

“NO!”

Erin frowned and Mark looked at them with a smirk, “why?” Mark asked.

“They said you love grapes that’s why” Erin plainly answered.

“I love apple more today” Mark looked at Erin with a very sweet smile and for a second, Erin forgot that she has friends around her.

“Just don’t drink the apple one!” The girls screamed.

“Did you put something on it?” Mark glared. The girls didn’t answer. “Cheap shot girls, thank God I’m here first,” Mark looked at every single one of them, “do not hurt her or you will be dealing with me” Mark coldly warned the girls and dragged Erin away from them.

 

Erin looked at Mark with an awe in her eyes. Mark looked at her and smiled, “it’s not that cool.. I’m just helping” Mark looked at her.

“You save me for the second time” Erin accidentally mumbled.

“Second time?” Mark looked confused.

“Uhm nevermind!” Erin changed topics immediately. She was so sure that Mark didn’t remember the first time they met; the first time Mark woke her up to be a strong girl.

“Have you seen Arin?” Mark asked.

“She’s with Jaera a while ago” Erin replied, “do you want to say hai to her or something?”

“No I will focus on you today” Mark smiled at Erin, “just think that we’re dating for real okay? I want to show Arin how good I am as a boyfriend” Mark whispered in Erin’s ear for a bit and Erin nodded understand. Mark smiled and walked with Erin to the bus, “and oh” Mark looked at Erin, “Jaehyun hyung will be here today, I hope it’s fine for you”

“Jaehyun oppa will be here?” Erin looked shock, “yeah of course it’s okay! He’s cool”

“Oh really? guess who’s cooler than him” Mark looked at Erin.

“Who?”

“Me”

 

“eeee nice try” Erin laughed and Mark laughed with her. Both of them walked inside the train and choose a seat for them. Everyone looked at Erin and Mark like loking at a prom queen and king who were about to take their first dance.

“Mark!”

Mark looked at the voice and saw Arin sitting with Jaera, “you’re here!” Arin said.

“Yeah I am” Mark smiled, “how are you Arin?”

“I’m good,” Arin smiled and played with her hair in front of Erin. Erin frowned and realized she needed to tell Mark about this. “Where are you guys gonna sit?” She asked.

“At the back” Mark answered, “why?”

“N-nothing,” Arin smiled, “have fun then!”

“Thanks!” Mark dragged Erin to the back of the train and make her sat on the aisle. He looked at her and smiled, “lets do this okay?”

“Yeah sure” Erin smiled. she grabbed her earphone and put it on her ears but Mark took it as soon as she put it. “Hey!” She pouted.

“We should talk and talk about our stories, you know.. make things up” Mark suggested, “it would be funny if we have two different story”

“Oh yeah right...” Erin nodded, “so how do you ask me out?”

“Hmm I guess during our first date” Mark suggested, “and our first date would be at...”

“Lotte World?”

“Too dreamy.. they would be suspicious”

“Travelling around Seoul?”

“It spent too many time,” Mark declined, “I’m kinda busy.. remember?”

“Hmm” Erin nodded. She was quiet for a while and both of them were thinking about a good spot for their lie to work. “What about mini secret dates in dance hall and you asked me out in our first date in SM COEX?”

Mark looked at her and nodded, “impressive imagination Erin-ah! Lets do that!” They both were high-five-ing and continued to the next lie, “why do you like me?” Erin asked.

“Because turns out Erin is a nice person” Mark giggled, “what about you?”

“Well everyone knows I’m your stalker so it’s impossible for me to refuse if ever you ask me out right?”

Mark laughed hearing a bitter fact coming from Erin. Little by little he found out that his pretend-girlfriend was not so bad. She’s just... not interesting enough for some people.

“So when did we start dating?” Mark asked.

“Uhmm it should be about a week ago at least... so I assume it would be somewhere around July?” Erin looked at the calendar, “what about July 1st?”

“Sounds nice” Mark nodded, “I think that’s it”

“Yeah” Erin smiled. Mark looked at her eyes. ‘it is blue’ Mark smiled a little bit. “Are you okay Mark?” she asked him.

“You didn’t tell me you’re Canadian” Mark frowned, “I can’t believe I know this kind of information from Jaehyun and not from you”

“Well I thought you knew” Erin smiled, “people mentioned it a lot you know, you just don’t care enough about me”

“Okay starts from now, you’re my friend”

 

“That’s all I asked,” Erin smiled and giggled a bit. Mark also laughed with her.

“Well Erin, if I succeed on dating this girl that I like, what do you want in return?” Mark asked Erin. Erin looked at him confused, “you know, like a thank you present”

“Well we’re being friends is a present for me already” Erin laughed.

“No I want to give you a tangible things” Mark insisted, “please Erin? I will feel really bad if you reject this one”

“Well” Erin rubbed her chin and pretending like she’s thinking. Mark found it a little bit charming and funny but he kept paying attention to Erin’s face, “I actually want to watch this concert, it’s in 2 weeks”

“What day?” Mark asked.

“Monday?” Erin frowned, “I guess it’s Monday”

“I will watch it with you if you want” Mark suggested, “I will pay for the ticket”

“No no! You just need to acompany me” Erin declined.

“I insist” Mark smiled, “now, no more arguing, just listen to your music or sleep. I’ll wake you up when we arrived”

“Thankyou” Erin smiled. “Oh and one more”

“Yes?”

“I saw Arin played with her hair when she was talking to you,” Erin smiled, “that’s a sign you know. She might like you for real?”

“Really?! Cool!” Mark got excited, “thanks for telling me”

“Yeah not a problem” Erin put her earphone on her ears and closed her eyes and went to sleep the whole time.

 

**