VIII

Unpleasantly Beautiful

HELLO NEW READERS AND NEW SUBSCRIBERS! HUG ATTACKKK!!!! *tons of hugs* AND HELLO EVERYONE! WELCOME TO CHAPTER 8!!! Tell me what you guys think about this okay? XOXO!

 

 

 

Mark waited for Arin to showed up and Arin showed up 10 minutes before the show start. Arin looked like she’s running and she smiled when she looked at Mark, “hei Mark! Am I late?”

“Not really” Mark smiled and looked at Arin. She wore a hat and put her hair inside so she would not be noticed by anyone while Mark decided to use hat and glasses. “Lets get inside, the concert is about to start”

“Nice!” Arin smiled and walked inside of the arena with Mark, “oh by the way, I saw Jaehyun sunbaenim a while ago”

“Really?” Mark smiled, “yeah he said he would come as well,”

“Yeah I think he’s with his girlfriend,” Arin replied, “they look so good for each other! She looks really pretty, like petite pretty!”

 

Mark looked at Arin seriously. “He doesn’t have any girlfriend Arin” Mark told her, “maybe it’s another audience coming with him and stand next to him”

“No! I am so sure! They’re talking to each other when I passed,” Arin explained, “I can’t be wrong I know it!”

Mark got scared a little bit. He started to think on all possibilities that might happened. The fact that Jaehyun might have a real girlfriend without NCT knowing, or that he hid something from him.

Both were equally terrifying.

Mark all of the sudden remember that Jaehyun was supposed to be with Erin that night. He smiled and looked at Erin. “Look” Mark smiled and looked at Arin, “he’s supposed to be here with her friend. I am sure that’s his friend”

“Well... her friend is really pretty” Arin smiled. The lights were off after she’s done talking which means the concert would began. The whole show, Mark couldn’t concentrate on the ‘Jaehyun’ issue. ‘Arin said that the girl was really pretty, it means he did not go with Erin’ he thought. ‘but then, who is he with?’ Mark confused.

The concert was held for mostly 3 hours and it was done around 10 PM in the evening. Arin looked happy and Mark was really glad that he could be there to see the brightest smile coming out from Arin. Arin was the girl he always wanted. But somehow, right now, the feeling... it feels like it started to disappear.

“So, Mark, do you like it?” Arin asked Mark.

“Totally! It was nice” Mark lied. He couldn’t concentrate on the show. AT ALL.

“Oh how are you and Erin by the way?” Arin asked, “I haven’t seen you guys together this week, it’s like you’re off”

“Well...” Mark looked at Arin who looked like she was waiting for an explanation. “I need to tell you the truth...”

“What truth?” Arin got curious.

“Maybe we should sit” Mark sat in his chair and also Arin. They were looking at each other seriously and Mark prepared himself to talk to Erin about the truth.

“The truth is...” Mark took a deep breath, “I’m faking my relationship with Erin”

“YOU WHAT?!” Arin looked shock, “but why?”

“I...I...” Mark looked confused. He just needed to explain to Arin his plan and Arin would be his. He was so sure. But the word did not come out from his mouth, his throat was stopping him from telling the truth and his heart was beating so fast.

“I can’t tell you right now” Mark looked at her, “but I’m telling you that we’re not dating”

“So she’s not your girlfriend?” Arin asked.

“Nope”

“You’re not dating her?”

“Nope”

“So you’re both single?”

“Yes” Mark answered all questions, “but I need you to keep this a secret from everyone.. can you promise me?”

“Yeah sure!” Arin’s face got really bright, “gosh I was so scared that Erin would found out and mad at me because I’m with you tonight!”

“Well she’s not supposed to because-“

 

 

“Mark!”

Mark heard a voice calling him. He looked around and saw Jaehyun walking with a girl next to him. Indeed, she looked really pretty, her hair looks straight and she looked really cool with a black hat, white shirt with jean jacket and pencil jeans. Jaehyun came closer and Mark looked for more at the girl. And after a moment, he realized that he knew who the girl was.

 

“OMO!” Arin looked also shocked, “Erin-ssi!”

“Hello” Erin bowed a bit and looked at Mark and Arin, “hey! How are you guys? Don’t you just love the concert?!”

“Yeah!” Arin replied, “this is like the coolest concert! I love it!”

“you know Erin couldn’t stop singing from the beginning till the end as well!” Jaehyun laughed at Erin, “she’s so funny a while ago!”

“Oppa I am so not!” Erin laughed. Erin looked at Mark who was still looking at her seriously, “Mark? Are you okay?”

“I-I’m fine” Mark realized he stared too much and he looked at Jaehyun, “hyung, what did you do to Erin?”

“Well it’s not him!” Erin replied, “it’s me! I got my salon appointment today so I went to the salon before I watch the show,”. Erin looked at Mark, “how was it? is it nice?”

“So you went to salon just for a date with Jaehyun?” Mark started to act cold. Too bad, Erin and Jaehyun didn’t catch that; but Arin sure did.

“I contact her when she’s already on her appointment so this was all unplanned” Jaehyun smiled, “by the way, nice cover Arin-ssi”

“Thankyou sunbaenim” Arin bowed a bit while Mark was still looking at Erin and Mark. He felt pissed on how close they were. They looked like they were having so much fun while it was a bit awkward for Arin and Mark because Arin herself was a really quiet person. She liked to observe more.

“Well I think we should go now,” Jaehyun smiled, “we plan to eat”

“YOU are planning to eat” Erin glared at Jaehyun, “you’ve been complaining since the beginning of the show that you’re hungry to the fact that you just ate in the car before we came in”

“I’m hungry” Jaehyun let the aegyo out a bit. It pissed Mark even more. ‘How close are they now?! What did I miss?!’

“We also need to go now” Mark looked at Arin, “we’re also planning to get something”

“we are?” Arin asked.

“Yeah we are” Mark smiled, “we should go now” Mark and Arin left Jaehyun and Erin who were still talking about where they should eat. He went out with Arin and looked at her, “do you want to grab a bite?”

“But my manager is picking me up in 15 minutes here” Arin looked sad, “I’m so sorry Mark, I wish you would asked me sooner”

“It’s okay it’s my fault too” Mark smiled. It was a bit cold and Arin was shivering. Mark looked at her and gave her his coat. Arin smiled and they waited until Arin got picked up by her manager. “I will see you at school okay? I think my manager was also waiting,” Mark said.

“But the jacket?”

“Just give it to me tomorrow” Mark smiled really sweet towards Arin, “I will see you tomorrow”. He saw Arin’s car went away and he called NCT manager to pick him up immediately. while waiting, he couldn’t stop thinking about how close Jaehyun and Erin were. It hurt him, it killed him, it made him mad.

 

But he didn’t understand why.

 

***

 

Jaehyun went back home a little bit late after the concert. He went to eat with Erin for a while in a mini market near Hangang river. Even though it’s only noodle and kimbap, he felt happy because he was actually having fun.

Jaehyun walked inside of the dorm when he found out that some people were actually waiting for him already, “On a date Jaehyungie?” Taeyong started to talk.

“No” Jaehyun looked at his leader, “why?”

“Are you sure?” Taeyong looked at Jaehyun seriously and he nodded. Taeyong looked at Mark and Mark glared at him.

“You were with Erin right?” Mark asked, “isn’t that a date?”

“That’s not a date!” Jaehyun laughed, “why? are you jealous?”

Mark was quiet. Now everyone in the room were looking at him. They knew he’s angry now. Jaehyun looked at Mark seriously, “if you really like her, you should’ve never forget your promise, you should never hurt her, you should’ve make this plan in the first place!”

“Is this the same Erin that we’re talking about?” Johnny looked confused, “cause it seems like you guys are crazy about her”

“She might be ugly hyung, but she’s very attractive to me” Jaehyun defend Erin, “unlike some people, I don’t look at a girl based on looks”

“Who said I look at girls based on looks?” Mark stood up. Jaehyun knew Mark was not someone like that, but he wanted Mark to tell himself and everyone that he actually liked Erin. He just didn’t realize it himself.

“Then are you going to deny that you actually like Erin?” Jaehyun looked at Mark. Jaehyun looked at Johnny and giggled, “and oh by the way hyung, Erin is really pretty, turns out, she’s Lee Ara and Park Hyeji’s cousin”

“As in Lee Ara Chanyeol hyung’s girlfriend?” Johnny asked and Jaehyun nodded. Jaehyun gave his phone to people to show the newest picture of Erin.

“She’s hot” Doyoung nodded. Ten and Johnny laughed and nodded.

“I might want to be with her now,” Johnny laughed, “you said she’s a fun person right?”

“Yes and she actually know Simon Dominic sunbae and listen to rap, isn’t that cool!” Jaehyun told everyone, “she’s talented, pretty, not too tall,-“

“STOP”

Everyone looked at Mark who was not in the conversation anymore. “Are you trying to push me to admit that I like her?”

“A little bit” Jaehyun smiled, “why? is it working?”

 

 

 

Mark looked and answered at Jaehyun seriously, “Yeah” he nodded.

 

***

 

Erin put her notes back in her bag. Her class that day was finally done and she’s finally free. It’s almost halloween and she wanted to get costume for herself. Right after she did a makeover, some people were actually talking to her. Turns out, they were scared of her because of her look; they thought she’s a very serious and not fun person.

“Erin-ah!” Yura, her bestfriend, aclled her and came into her class. She looked at her and waved at her.

“Ssup?” Erin smiled and looked at her, “are you ready to go?”

“Yep sure!”Yura smiled and walked with Erin. Erin looked back and saw Mark and Arin walking together outisde of class. She smiled and looked at them. ‘They must be really happy now’ Erin thought. Yura herself looked at Erin and smiled, “what are you looking at missy?” Yura laughed.

“Just Mark and Arin,” Erin smiled, “aren’t they look good together?”

“Yeah... I guess” Yura looked at Mark and Arin. They looked good together but Mark looked really stiff when he’s with her compared to when he’s with his friends. “But isn’t it odd?”

“What is?” Erin frowned at Yura.

“Well isn’t it odd that Mark looked so stiff when he’s next to Arin? Isn’t that mean he’s not comfortable with her?” Yura asked Erin while they walked outside of the classroom. Erin smiled and looked at Arin and Mark who were walking in front of them with their friends.

“I guess he’s just nervous” Erin told her friends, “anyway, I know that he must be happy with her, don’t you think?”

“Yeah...” Yura smiled and looked at Erin, “I can’t believe you would’ve pretend to be with Mark just to help him! Aren’t you scared?”

“Why should I be scared?” Erin laughed, “it’s not like Mark is dangerous”

“Yeah but your heart is,” Yura gave Erin an insights, “you used to like him, are you got too comfortable with him.. and now, you guys are friends but don’t talk to each other anymore”

“Yeah it’s kinda weird isn’t it” Erin sighed. She knew that her relationship with Mark was really confusing after the whole school found out about the fake relationship. It has been few months since everything happened and it was really weird between him and Erin eversince. “But anyway, I’m just happy that I can help”

“I still can’t believe you help him” yura laughed, “anyway, how are you and Jaehyun then? Are you guys progressing or something?”

“Well, we’re not going to go anywhere because we’re just friends, and second of all, we’re fine and I hang out with him a lot and with the others, they plan to make an audition for me to SM since I hang out there too many times already” Erin explained. She couldn’t believe herself either. Few months ago, if someone told her that she would be friends with NCT, she might laughed over it, but right now, it just seemed really real.

“I am so happy for you that you finally can go to an audition” Yura cried.

“But I’m not sure,” Erin added, “my mom wants me to go home.. remember?”

“Ah yeah...” Yura nodded. He looked up and saw Mark all of the sudden running towards Erin and her. She looked at Erin as well who looked confused and looked at Mark.

“Erin-ah!” He called and approached her, “are you busy?”

“hmm actually-“

“She’s not busy” Yura lied.

“Great, because I think we need to talk” Mark looked at Erin, “it’s about the cooking class, remember we are partner?”

“We are?” Erin frowned

“You are?” Yura shocked.

“Yeah I wrote your name a while ago for my partner, so can we talk?” Mark asked. Erin looked at Yura and she nodded.

“Yeah I guess we can,” Erin looked at Yura who was walking away from her, “I will talk to you later okay!”

“Sure! Call me!” Yura laughed and walked away. Erin looked at Mark and smiled, “so, whats up?”

“Can we talk in the rooftop instead?” Mark asked. Erin got even more confused.

“Is Arin waiting for you? Because that would be really weird” Erin smiled.

“No I told her to go home because I need to talk to you about the cooking class project” Mark walked towards the stairs walking to the rooftop immediately. Erin who was really confused could only walked behind him and followed his steps. They arrived at the rooftop few minutes later and Erin sat on the bench. Mark looked at her and sat next to her.

“So is everything okay?” Erin asked.

“Yeah” Mark smiled, “how are you?”

“I’m pretty good, come on we see each other at SM, we just don’t talk anymore” Erin bitterly laughed, “is everything okay between us? Are you mad at me or something?”

“No I am not!” Mark denied it immediately, “do not think like that please, maybe you’re just busy with my hyungs and Haechan”

“Well they’re such a delight! They’re so funny!” Erin smiled and praised them, “so? How are you and Arin?”

“Well we’re doing fine” Mark smiled, “we’re doing great!”

“Oh really? That’s nice!” Erin sounded excited, “but I actually wonder why haven’t I hear about you two dating? You guys are dating right?”

Mark looked at Erin and shook his head. Erin looked shocked, “ oh my God why?!” she asked, “is she still rejecting you? Because that would be so weird”

“No it’s not it!” Mark looked at Erin, “I just think it’s not the perfect time”

“Why?” Erin asked once again.

“I don’t know, I can feel that something is wrong” Mark answered honestly, “so, how are you and Jaehyun?”

“Huh?”

“Yeah you and Jae hyung, how are you guys? Are you guys going to date soon? Because we-“

“What are you talking about?” Erin laughed ,”nothing will even happen to me and Jae oppa and we both know it! He’s like the brother I never have!”

Mark looked at Erin. His face looked really serious; doubting Erin’s word but believeing it at the same time. “Are you serious?”

“Yeah why would I like to you?” Erin smiled, “aren’t we friends?”

 

 


“Y-yeah... about that...”

 

 

“We are right?” Erin looked at Mark unsure. She got scared all of the sudden.

 

 

“Of course we are!” Mark smiled, “by the way, for the project, we need to cook a famous recipe from famous restaurant” Mark tried to change the topics, “do you have any idea?”

“I don’t know, I want to cook and eat so many things...” Erin looked like she was thinking, “what about you? Do you have any restaurant we can come to?”

“Yeah, but we can try one by one and decide on what should we cook later on” Mark gave suggestion, “what do you think?”

“Sounds great!” Erin agreed, “so, I should see you on...”

“Tomorrow after school?” Mark smiled.

“That would be amazing!” Erin smiled, “now, I need to go get my costume”. Erin walked away and Mark frowned at her.

“Costume Erin?” Mark confused.

“Yeah, we have halloween party at school, remember?” Erin remind him, “I’m going to come with Yura so we plan to get our costume today. You’re coming right?”

“Y-yeah I guess?”

“Great!” Erin smiled, “don’t forget to ask Arin to come too! I’m sure you guys will look so cute together! Bye!” Erin walked away from Mark. Mark could only looked at her walking back inside of the building and sighed.

 

“Hmm” He sighed and mumbled alone, “when would I be able to tell you that it’s you?”

 

***