EPILOGUE

Unpleasantly Beautiful

HELLO GUYS!!! I know you guys are excited for this aren't you??? ( please don't say no HAHAHA) anyway, this is for you! And I am so sorry it took a while because I'm pretty busy with client, project, and all those school stuff (just for a heads up, my semester ). But don't worry! I finally have a time to breathe and actually write this thing! I love you guys so much and I really hope you will still read this FF for me! Love you guys SOOOO MUCH! XOXO, Babylee

 

Erin glared at her phone and sighed. “ugh he’s still busy isn’t he?” she mumbled. It’s been almost a week since the last time he saw Mark on Skype. Today was her 3 years anniversary with Mark and he was just busy like crazy.

“Why? He hasn’t call you back?” Stella, one of her friends asked. Erin could only nodded, “maybe he really need to do something, don’t worry about it”

“But I’m also busy Stella,” Erin replied, “relationship is about compromising each other, if you cannot compromise, then maybe a relationship shouldn’t be kept anymore,”

Stella looked at her bestfriend. Erin was right. Relationship is about COMPROMISE. It’s the number one rule on relationship. And right now, she knew that Mark hasn’t compromise a lot of things to Erin, it’s obvious that he ditched Erin again today.

“I’m not sure if he really love me” Erin sighed.

“Hey hey why are you even thinking like that?!” Stella tried to calm Erin down, “Erin, you should talk to him. I cannot help you anymore, because I agree with you that he shouldn’t ditch you, but I’m not agree that you think he doesn’t love you anymore. I mean, he’s an idol. He’s busy of course, he’s even busy since you guys were in High School, right?”

Erin nodded.

“Then, you should’ve ask him what he wants, tell him what you want, and find a solution on what you guys actually should do”

Erin sighed. She was standing in front of the big mirror wall in her dance room. ‘Does Mark really love me in the first place?’ She sighed. she her phone and opened her kakaotalk and texted her boyfriend immediately.

 

Erin: Mark, you there?

 

She pressed ‘sent’ from her phone immediately. and in the next 3 seconds, she heard a kakao talk ring from her phone. She looked and frowned

 

Mark: yeah

Erin: Aren’t you suppose to online right now? We promise that we will have a video call right now

Mark: right now?

Erin: where are you anyway?

Mark: in my room. It’s still 12 midnight here

Erin: you have no schedule today?

Mark: no, not really

Erin: so where have you been the whole day?

Mark: I hung out with youngB and other high school rapper. We had a reunion.

Erin: do you remember you promise me to have a video call today?

Mark: I promise you? Really? I don’t really remember I am sorry

Erin: do you remember what day is roday? I know it’s midnight there so we’re on a same day now.

Mark: not really. Well, I know today is Sunday

 

“He doesn’t remember” Erin laughed bitterly. Stella looked at her.

“What?” she asked.

“He doesn’t remember that it’s our 3 years mark” Erin smiled. “I always have this list that I want from a guy, not much, but at least my boyfriend should remember important dates”

“Oh yeah definitely, is shows that they actually care” Stella nodded. She did not realize, with her agreeing on Erin’s statement, it made her really sad.

 

Erin: Can I just talk to you for a while now?

Mark: okay

 

“Mark changed a lot do you know that?” Erin laughed bitterly and Stella patted her shoulders.

“Be strong, just tell him what you want” Stella smiled and Erin nodded.

 

***

 

Mark sighed. “it’s 12 midnight what does she wants” Mark groaned and opened his call on Kakaotalk. Jaehyun looked at him and frowned, “who’s that?” Jaehyun asked.

“Erin” Mark mumbled.

“Oh yeah! I haven’t hear much from her, it’s been a while” Jaehyun smiled.

“ It’s only yesterday” Mark mumbled.

“Mark, we were really busy yesterday for photoshoot, I don’t think you talked to her yesterday”

Mark got quiet. He forgot that he didn’t talk to Erin. He even forgot when was the last time he had a conversation with her girlfriend. He was actually surprised that they’re still dating to the fact that they never met anymore after the graduation and Erin decided to move back to Vancouver. It’s been 3 years.

“She’s really clingy you know that?” Mark whined to Jaehyun, “she wanted me to call her and all those things”

“Yeah but she’s your girlfriend dude, she has a right to do that,” Jaehyun replied, “if I have a girlfriend who is also busy like her, I will require her to at least call me once and I will always answer” Jaehyun gave Mark his situation story. Mark looked at his room mate and had a thought himself. ‘am I not being a ‘boyfriend material’ enough for her?’ he thought.

“Nahh I’m really a boyfriend material” Mark mumbled after he had his thought roaming around on his mind.

“What is that again?” Jaehyun didn’t hear.

“Nothing” Mark smiled.

“Besides, what took her so long to stay in Vancouver? And why is she so busy? Is she studying again?” Jaehyun asked.

“Well she’s studying business right now, but she is busy, I don’t understand” Mark also nodded.

 

Girl hey girl, girl what’s your name

No wait, no let me talk first

You can be my moonlight and sunshine and

Morning day

They’re all names that suit you

Angel, that’s you

Let’s go up to the clouds let’s fly

 

Mark heard his phone ring and smiled. He knew really clear who was that from because he only made that ringtone for one person. He swiped his screen and answered the call.

“Yes,” he smiled.

“are you asleep?” the person from the other phone replied.

“Nope, why?” Mark asked.

“Just checking” The voice replied. Jaehyun listened and he was sure that it was a girl voice. Jaehyun shook his head. ‘this guy is crazy’ he thought.

“Okay, good night to you” Mark ended his phone call and hung up after a while.

“You know she definitely has a crush on you” Jaehyun asked Mark.

“I know” Mark nodded.

“And did you tell her you have a girlfriend?” Jaehyun asked again.

“Yeah I told her that” Mark smiled.

“I just want to tell you that Erin is something,” Jaehyun told Mark, “and it’s been 3 years, you just missed her, do not play with relationship Mark”

“I am not!” Mark denied, “and you need to know that yeah! It’s been 3 years and it kills me the fact that she’s not coming back. I miss her and she throw me away for that kind of Business school thing! I thought I know her but now I think about it, I don’t really know her that much”

“Mark-“

 

Baby is it me or are you doing something to me?

When you’re smiling you’re shining but maybe you’re lying on the inside

You’re dangerously beautiful

You came to me slowly, you’re my dilemma

 

Mark looked at his phone and saw the caller ID. “It’s Erin, I need to take this” Mark walked away from the room and answered Erin’s call. “Yes?” He greeted her with a...somehow a question.

“Are you asleep?” Erin asked him, “I tried to call you a while ago but they said you were busy”

“Yeah I was in the phone with someone”

“Who?”

“YoungB” Mark lied. He couldn’t tell her that it’s from another girl. He got scared.

“Mark, you forgot” Erin replied.

“Forgot what?”

“Mark” Erin sighed from the other side of the phone, “it’s our 3-year anniversary today”

Mark widened his eyes. ‘She’s right’ Mark gasped. But he’s not ready, he didn’t want to be blamed.

 

He knew he needed to look for excuse and save himself.

 

***

 

‘The number you are calling is busy. Please try again later’

‘The number you are calling is busy. Please try again later’

‘The number you are calling is busy. Please try again later’

 

“What the hell is he doing? I thought we’re going to have a talk” Erin pissed off. She really wanted to talk to her boyfriend right now. She needed to set this straight. She waited for 5 minutes and tried to call again.

“Yes?” Mark greeted her, but it sounded more like a question for her.

“Are you asleep?” Erin asked him and got nervous all of the sudden, “I tried to call you a while ago but they said you were busy”

“Yeah I was in the phone with someone” Mark replied from the other side of the phone

“Who?”

“YoungB” Mark replied. It didn’t really sound convincing. She knew he lied.

“Mark, you forgot” Erin replied.

“Forgot what?”

“Mark” Erin replied, “it’s our 3-year anniversary today”

 

 

 

 

“Mark?”

“Yeah I heard you”

“You forgot”

“No I’m not I’m just busy and tired” Mark replied, “I was about to call you a while ago”. Erin heard his excuse. He lied again.

“Mark, I know you forgot, you should’ve just tell me,” Erin sighed. She love him but he’s really ignorant and it annoys her.

 

“Okay I am sorry I forgot okay? I’m busy Erin! What do you expect me to do!” Mark started to raise his voice. He would not say anything when he’s angry, but when he’s tired, he exploded like a volcano.

 

“I just don’t want you to lie,” Erin sighed, “why are you lying to me? I thought we need to be honest with each other. We settled that 3 years ago when we’re still together remember?”

“Oh yeah? Then settle this for me, what are you doing there? What took you so long to come back to Seoul? I thought you said that you will be here 1 year after we graduate! It’s been 3 years but you’re still not coming back”

“Mark-“

“What are you doing there?”

“I’m studying business Mark”

“Why?” Mark asked.

“I can’t tell you that” she replied. Yeah, she really couldn’t tell him that.

“See? You also hide something from me Erin” Mark replied, “it’s not only me. It’s you as well. And if you keep blame me, I feel pressured and I don’t like it”

 

 

 

“So, what? What should we do?”

 

***

 

Mark went back inside of his bedroom and saw Jaehyun looking at him right after he opened the door. “Oh hyung, you scared me” Mark jumped.

“Everyone can hear you screaming from the other room,” Jaehyun showed Mark his screen and it showed a conversation on NCT group.

 

TY track: Why is Mark screaming everyone?

Ten.. 11...12.... : is it Erin again?

Johnny English but not the spy: I’m sleepy

Jeno-ya: they fought a lot these days

Haechan slay: and break up a lot as well

Jaehyun: shut up slay I think he’s fine.

Maknae Jisung: don’t be blind hyung.

Doyoung rabbit: guys. Not our problem. We better sleep and not listen to the conversation

TY track: but we have ears

Winwin always win: Yeah and he’s a bit loud. There’s no way we’re not listening to this

Handsome Japanese Yuta: always win you better give me the latest anime immediately after Mark end his call.

Winwin always win: yes hyung <3

Haechan slay: disgusting

Handsome Japanese Yuta: you’re disgusting

Handsome Japanese Yuta remove Haechan Slay from the group

TY Track invite Haechan Slay to the group

Haechan slay: .

Johnny English but not the spy: language!

Jaehyun: guys I thought this is supposed to be about Mark

TY Track: I think he’s done.

Handsome Japanese Yuta: great. Winwin?

Winwin always win: coming hyung

 

 

CLICK!

 

Jaehyun smiled, “that must be winwin” Jaehyun commented after hearing a door outside of his room being closed. Mark looked at the conversation in the group and sighed.

“What happened?” Jaehyun looked at Mark.

“Well... you don’t need to worry about me screaming at night anymore and fighting with Erin anymore” Mark raised a side of his lips a little bit.

“Why? you guys made up?” Jaehyun smiled. He knew Mark has a great heart and knew his mistake. He and Erin were perfect together. And they understand each others.

 

 

 

 

“We broke up”

 

 

Jaehyun stopped breathing for a while. “Again?” Jaehyun sighed, “look, it’s not healthy that you keep breaking up with your girlfriend, you better ask her for an apology and get back together with her!”

“Well, I know it’s not healthy” Mark smiled, “that’s why we break up for good”

 

***

 

Erin walked inside of the dance room and found Stella sitting on the same spot before she left her. “Hey” Stella smiled at her, “are you okay?”

“We broke up”

 

 

 

 

“No” Stella laughed, “come on! Even after 3 years?!”. Erin nodded. Stela glared at her and smiled, “so when are you guys planning to get back together?”

“Not gonna happen I guess” Erin smiled, “we settled everything a while ago”. Erin tried not to cry, but tears started to drop from her eyes. It was really painful. She tried to keep the relationship for 3 years and it was for nothing. She wanted to scream at Mark, but she wanted to scream for herself as well. Both of them were stupid and naive as a highschoolers, and now they’re hurt. Well at least her, she didn’t really know Mark right now.

 

“It’s for the best maybe” Stella approached her and hug her, “she didn’t know your situation. Why didn’t you just tell him the truth?”

“Well, there’s no point on telling him anyway, we broke up” Erin spoke as she tried to hold her tears, “I’m going to be fine, don’t worry”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah!” Erin nodded, “I will still continue what I want to do. And I will pursue what I want. He’s not a factor why I want to pursue my dream and he will never stop me”. Erin sighed. she knew that this is the perfect decision for her and Mark. She knew, maybe staying this way was the best option for both of them.

 

FIN

 

 

HELLO! GUYS I AM SO SORRY I NEED TO END IT THIS WAY! HUHUHU I AM SO SO SORRY! But actually I end it this way because I have something in my mind and I just got this idea 2 days ago, and I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. I want to write this idea so bad! I am so sorry that it affect you as well uhhuhu but don't worry! I will post the foreword like... right now! HEHEHE! Here's Unpleasantly Beautiful: The list for you guys! Thankyou for reading and I hope I still can see you guys in the list! XOXO! Babylee.