I

Unpleasantly Beautiful

Hello!! I just want to post one chapter for tonight and see if anyone like it or interested hehehe because I personally love this one this is my newest fanfiction. Please show me your interest by subscribing this story and upvote and comment of course! Thankyou!

 

“Erin, Erin you listen to me!”

“Yes yes I’m listening mom!” Erin looked at her cellphone screen with no interest. Her mom had been scolding her for over an hour and she really need a rest. It was 11 at midnight and her mom was so angry about her going out instead of studying her music pieces at home.

“This is the reason why I told you not to go to that school Erin! You see what happened?” Her mom scolded her.

“No not really” She got confused, “what happened?”

“You’re not studying! You’re wasting your time Erin honey. Just go back home to Canada please?” Her mom looked at her and sighed, “you can get a very good education here! Why do you even want to go there?”

“Mom... you lived here before” Erin frowned and her mom sighed. She looked worried but Erin did not care at all. She was worried about Erin even since the day before she moved to Korea, so seeing her mom got worried over her did not concern her anymore.

“Mom, I love music and you know that” Erin smiled, “after I graduate from here, I will go back there of course” Erin tried to calm her mom, “you know I just want to be independent for a while”

“You’re too young to be independent honey” her mom sighed, “okay then. But remember, you need to be careful, I just don’t want to see you get hurt”

“I will not mom, I have a lot of friends here. don’t worry” Erin smiled, “I need to go now. I need to sleep and you need to go back to work”

“I know that” Her mom looked at her and smiled, “Good night my daughter. I love you Erin-ah, you know that”

“I know that, bye mom” she hung up the video call after the said goodbye. She looked at her phone and sighed.

 

Friends.

 

Did she even have one?

 

She looked at the notification on her phone to check if there was a message coming in or not. She looked and found her result immediately.

 

“I am so pathetic” She sighed. She even started to wonder why she even survived at the school she was in right now.

 

Seoul of Performing Arts High School.

 

She loved music, she really do. But the school gave her such a big burden since she wasn’t like the others. She had a face of a half-half Korean since her mother was Canadian. Not many girls wanted to be friends with her since she had a little bit difficulties on speaking in Korean and her ‘geeky’ appearance made other girls hate her because of her existence.

 

She looked at her bed and saw a fan she brought from a concert she just watched a while ago. She smiled and remembered the reason she survived. The reason why she still had not give up until now.

 

That guy. It was all because of that guy.

 

Mark Lee.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Erin looked around at her new school. The yellow uniform made her comfortable enough to be inside of the building but not outside. It was a pretty chilly day and her skirt was really short. She felt cold whenever she’s outside.

She walked inside of her new class and saw few girls were hanging out together and looked at her walking in. She smiled at them and looked for an empty seat behind of the class. She walked towards the table but someone stopped her and looked at her, “are you an idol?”

“uhmm.. sorry?”

“Are you hired in an agency already?” The other girl asked.

“I-I...Don’t think so,” Erin replied a little bit unsure, “why?”

“Well if you’re not from any agency, you cannot sit on the back, this seat is only for kids who are signed in an agency already, we have a rules here you know” The girl replied, “now shoo! Go to the front”

Erin frowned and walked to the front and sat in front. She looked at another girl who walked in and the group of girls greeted her nicely.

 

“Arin-ah! Sit here at the back!”

 

She turned her body around and looked at the girl who just walked in. She looked really pretty and skinny at the same time. The other girls seems to love her a lot and let her sit on the best spot in the class. She looked at them and they looked at her with no shame.

“Who is she?” The girl named Arin looked at Erin and frowned, “is she new?”

“Well everyone is new here, she’s just really new in our circle” The other girl replied, “she tried to sit at the back a while ago to the fact that she’s not from any other agency”

“Really?” Arin looked at Erin and called her, “You!” Arin pointed at her while she was looking at her, “come here!”

 

Erin frowned and pointed at herself. Arin nodded.

 

She decided to left her bag in the table and walked towards Arin. She smiled at her. “Are you new here?”. Erin only nodded. “From what school are you?”

“uhm yeah I’m new” Erin replied unsure, “I’m Erin by the way. I’m from Canada”

“No way” Arin smiled and she seemed excited, “but you speak Korean right?”

“I’m trying my best to speak and understand” Erin smiled, “you’re Arin right? I heard your name got called by them”

“Yeah! I’m Arin! Nice to meet you” Arin politely introduced herself, “by the way, I am sorry they kicked you out from this seat, but only people with agency who can sit at the back, and you’re not one of it”

“Obviously, since she’s ugly” One of the girl mumbled.

“Shhh!” Arin looked at the girl and she looked ashamed. Erin looked at her and she looked at Erin disgusted. “Well, we’ll see you arund, Erin-ssi”

Erin only smiled and walked back to her seat. She pretended not to listen, but of course, she listened.

 

“She’s ugly Arin” A girl started to speak.

“Yeah that big glasses of her and her frizzy hair. Ugh”

“Shh guys you cannot do that to her, did you see her blue eyes?” Arin’s voice was heard.

“I bet it’s just a lens Arin, don’t buy things like that” Someone replied

 

 From that moment, she knew, that entering that school was a mistake for her. She do love music, but if this is what she needed to deal with for 3 years, she rather go back to Canada and study her music at home instead.

 

She ran out from her class and tried to find a peace of her own. She looked at the stairs and saw 2 guys were walking downstairs. They looked really close and they laughed together. ‘it would be really nice if I have friend’ she sighed and held her tears back. She ran upstairs and hit one of the boys accidentally and almost fell in the stairs.

 

“Whoops are you okay?” One of the guy asked.

“Yeah I’m fine” Erin did not look at him and ran upstairs instead.

“Yaaa Jaehyun hyung hurry upp!!” The other guy were downstairs already; did not care about Erin and his friend who bumped into Erin.

Erin did not care. She just wanted to cry and regret every single decision she made that she chose to enter that school and be independent instead of being with her mom at her hometown and had a normal high school just like her other friends. She ran to the rooftop and opened it. As expected, the rooftop of the school looked amazing.

(Picture)

“I HATE MYSELF I HATE IT! I hate my decision and I regret it so much!” She screamed and got really pissed by her ownself. She cried and put her head down and cried in the corner of the rooftop for a while. She sobbed a bit hard and cried again.

 

 

 

“You know that it’s a public space right?”

 

Erin heard a sound and looked at a guy walking in from the rooftop. She grabbed a mask from her pocket and cover her nose and mouth with it. She looked at the guy and he looked familiar. ‘Ah the friend of the guy who bumped with me a while ago’ she thought.

 

“I know I’m sorry” Erin’s big glasses were a bit fell to her nose and the guy looked at her closer “I’m sorry” She said again.

“Do I know you?” he asked.

“No”

“Ah good, and by the way, I can hear you crying from the other side of the door, you’re pretty loud” The guy looked at her, “hey, I’m Mark”

“Hey I’m-“

“I don’t really wanna know what your name is,” Mark cut her, “I just want to say that whatever happened, it was all a challenge, and the better you handle it, the stronger you’ll become”

 

Erin looked at Mark shocked. She never thought a kind of guy like Mark would say something that deep to her. Especially because of his arrogance. ‘it just doesn’t fit at all’ she thought. But she also put into her thought about Mark’s word and she knew he was right. The only way to become a better person is to face the challenge and never give up. All her life, she never got into trouble and always playing in a safe zone, and for once, she wanted to play rough and hard.

 

This was the time.

 

She looked at Mark and smile, “thanks Mark, I hope you got a good fortune”

“Not a problem” Mark sat on a long chair in the rooftop and grabbed a bag there, “I forgot my bag a while ago. Excuse me but I need to go” he ran out from the rooftop, leaving Erin who looked at him differently.

 

Erin knew he was different. Not the bad kind of different.

 

The very unique one

 

FLASHBACK OFF

 

“Mark, you really are something” Erin smiled and put herself in bed.

 

***

 

Mark put himself in bed after done cleaning himself. All of NCT member decided to sleep in the dorm, that night including him and Jaehyun. He decided to sleep with Taeyong and Doyoung. After 10, he went back to his room and decided to sleep since he had class the next day. He looked at Jaehyun who was in his room for some reason he did not understand. “Why are you here again?” Mark asked.

“Just bored” Jaehyun laughed, “oh by the way, I saw your friend Erin a while ago”

“Yeah I saw her as well” Mark sighed, “she’s weird”

“She’s cute” Jaehyun laughed, “with that big eye glass she has. She’s into you right? As I remember?”

“Yeah that’s what people said, she doesn’t have friend at school, only one I guess” Mark replied, “she’s not from any agency and she looks....geeky”

Jaehyun laughed after Mark finished his sentence. Mark looked at him weirdly. “What?” Jaehyun laughed, “you seems to hate this girl a lot”

“Well she followed me around all the time! That’s creepy as hell!” Mark looked scared after imagining how creepy Erin was in his head, “I just cannot believe there are still someone like that in SOPA. I thought everyone in SOPA are somehow not ‘starstuck’ anymore”

“Well starstuck happened all the time and everywhere Mark” Jaehyun grabbed a plush toy near Mark and hit him with that, “you just need to be patient. Maybe you should explain to her that you’re just not into her so she will stop bothering you”

“Maybe” Mark sighed.

“But by the way,” Jaehyun frowned, “what’s the name of the girl you like again?”

“HYUNG!”

“I just want to recall a memory in my head!” Jaehyun laughed so hard, “she’s an idol as well right?”

“Arin hyung! Arin! Happy?” Mark glared at Jaehyun and he nodded, “now get out of this room before I call Taeyong hyung!”

“Okay Okay! Goodnight Mark” Jaehyun laughed and walked away from the room. Mark himself kept his eyes opened and thinking about the girl he’s into for the past one year.

 

Choi Arin.

 

She’s pretty, humble, down to earth, an idol, smart, cute and popular. There’s only one problem.

 

She didn’t like him back.

 

Mark asked her to go out once but she reject it like a it was nothing. She also said that Mark should be more ‘concentrate’ on his job. Mark understand and never asked her out anymore eversince. But even though he never asked her out, he always watch her. She did not like Mark to be close to him so Mark could only watch her from afar.

 

And then came Erin who was really annoying for him.

 

“Ahh girls are weird” Mark sighed and decided to go to sleep.

 

***

 

Erin walked around the corridor during her lunch time. She did not feel hungry at all and her cafetaria made her dizzy; there were too many people there and many idol would hang around together while the other student tried to get their attention. Since she hate the crowd, she decided to go eat in the rooftop instead of the cafetaria.

She held her water bottle in her hand and walked around back to her class. It was a really empty hallway she could say. She liked to walked around by herself with her earphone on and dance while walking.

She walked by herself but after a while, she realized someone was behind her and following her from her back. She wanted to turn around but she got scared.

“Who’s there?” She asked.

No one replied.

“Crap” She decided to turn her body around and looked at the person behind her. she jumped when she saw the figure and so did he.

 

“Mark...” She looked at him.

“Erin” He looked at her, “so it’s you. Sorry I’ll just walk the other way”

“No wait” Erin walked towards him while he decided to walk to to another way instead, “Mark wait!”. She followed Mark from behind but he did not reply at all. She just wanted to be Mark’s friend if ever he didn’t want to be with her, but Mark seems to hate her so much and got creeped out a lot by her. “Mark!” she called him again.

“I told you I don’t like you!”

 

Erin paused for a while. ‘He really hates me’ she mumbled inside.

 

***

 

Mark got sick on the situation in the cafetaria and decided to go out from the cafetaria instead. He walked to his class and saw someone dancing in the hallway. He smiled a bit. At least he smiled today. His schedule and practice drove him crazy and he got depressed a little bit.

“Who’s there?”

The girl all of the sudden started to speak. Mark guessed she knew he was there already. He decided not to answer, ‘maybe she will not turn around’ he thought.

Unfortunately he was wrong.

“Crap” The girl turned her body around and Mark could see the face of the girl.

 

It was Erin.

 

“Mark...” She looked at him.

“Erin” He looked at her, “so it’s you. Sorry I’ll just walk the other way” he got annoyed and decided to walked to the opposite way.

“No wait” he could hear she was running towards him but he tried to escape as fast as he could, “Mark wait!”. She followed Mark from behind but he did not reply at all. Mark got really tired of being followed by her and he just wanted her to stop doing that.

“I told you I don’t like you!” He screamed while running. He sighed. He ran out from cafetaria just to meet her? ‘this is ’ he thought again.

 

 “But you need to listen first” Erin ran into him and talked to him, “You know that Arin hates you for always approaching her!” Erin ran towards him and tried so hard to get closer to him, “why don’t you make her chase you instead?”

 

Mark stopped running. He turned his back and looked at Erin. Her big pair of glasses covered her blue eyes that Mark didn’t understand how she got that pretty eyes in her. He looked at the girl who looked tired chasing him, “go away Erin. You bother me a lot” he walked away leaving Erin who got shocked by his rejection.

 

***