III

Unpleasantly Beautiful

Heiii! I hope you enjoy the first 2 chapter and you enjoy this story! I actually need to tell you that there will be only 11 chapter for this fanfiction (yes I finished this one first before I post it just like 72 friday hehehe :D I really hope that you will enjoy this story and you will subscribe, upvote, and of courseee tell me what you think by putting comments on this story! Your support means a lot to me! XOXO! 

 

Mark walked back to class right after the recess was done. He smiled and checked on Arin who was sitting next to his table. She looked at him and greeted him, “Hey Mark!”

“Ssup” He smiled and sat on his seat.

“Did you hear? We’re going to have an annual camping this Friday!” Arin excitedly told Mark about the news she just heard.

“Oh really? Where?” Mark got interested and asked for more information.

“I think it’s in Soraksan National Park, they said it’s really nice” Arin explained, “you’re coming right?”

“Good question! Because I don’t think I can” Mark smiled at her and saw her face changed.

“Why?” Arin asked, “it’s school activity! You need to come!”

“Well I have work” Mark gave his reason to her, “why Arin? We did it every year anyway. Remember we went camping also last year?”

“Yeah I do” Arin sighed, “but this time is different!”

“What’s so different about it?” He asked her.

“W-well...” Arin tried to think of a logical reason on why this camping was so different from the year before; to the fact that it was all going to be just the same.

 

“Well, this is your first camping with Erin as a couple! Aren’t you excited?”

 

 

Mark looked at Arin’s face closely. Something was really fishy about her and her emotion right after he told her that he’s dating Erin. Arin became really close to him and more open about all things to Mark.

“You’re right” Mark looked at Arin, “maybe I should come”

“That’s the spirit!” Arin laughed and so did Mark. He knew that while he fake-dating Erin, he also needed to know if Arin actually likes him back or not, because if she actually do like him, it would make things way easier for Mark.

 

***

 

Erin walked out from the dance hall for a while and sighed for a bit. She got tired after practicing for her exam next week in dance class, but thankfully, she did the practice well a while ago. Erin let herself sat on a seat in front of the dance hall and get herself a rest after a long break. She sighed and think about everything she had practice a while ago and let herself think for a while. She danced really nice and sang very well, but why is she never performed on special stage just like her other friends? Her skill is good enough and as good as K-idol, but why didn’t she get any chance to be on same stage with them?

 

 

“Yo”

 

Erin turned her head to the place where the voice came from and someone sat next to her. She jumped at first but then again, she laughed at it at the end.

“Jaehyun-ssi!” Erin smiled and bowed at him a little bit, “good afternoon!”

“Afternoon to you too!” Jaehyun smiled. He looked at Erin who looked really messy and sweaty all over the place, “just done practicing?” He asked. Erin only nodded. “What are you practicing for?” Jaehyun asked again.

“Well I have exam tomorrow, but I just like to practice” Erin laughed at her reason, “why are you here anyway?”

“Oh, I’m picking up Mark, we have a show so he needs to go” Jaehyun smiled. Erin nodded slowly. She could not think about Mark right now because she’s still thinking about reasons on why she never got the previllege on being in a stage with professionals.

 

“Is everything okay Erin-ssi?”

 

“Hmm it’s just, I’m wondering on why-“

if somebody loves me, I’m happy with it
Even if I do not gotta worry about me okay okay

Erin looked at her phone that was ringing inher pants. “Excuse me I have to take this” Erin answered her phone and started to talk, “yes mom?”

“...”

“I’m just done practicing”

“...”

“I know mom, anyway, why haven’t you sleep? It’s already late!”

“...”

“Mom-“

“...”

Erin sighed and Jaehyun laughed looking at Erin who seemed to be in trouble in taking care of her mom. Erin bitterly smiled at Jaehyun and tried to talk to her mom.

“Mom I’m at school right now, maybe you can call me early in the morning”

“...”

“Yes mom I love you too, sleep tight” Erin smiled and hung up. Jaehyun got fascinated by Erin who was speaking in English the whole time she speak to her mom. “Your English is really nice” Jaehyun gave her compliment and Erin only smiled.

“Well I should since this is only third year in Korea” Erin smiled. Jaehyun widened his eyes.

“Where are you from?”

“Well I lived in Vancouver since I was a kid and my mom is Canadian, my dad is Korean but live in Canada right now” Erin told her story to Jaehyun.

“So you have a same life with Mark somehow?” Jaehyun asked.

“Well yeah, but Mark is full Korean while I have a parent that is not from Korea” Erin smiled, “oh by the way? What time should you picking Mark?”

“He’ll be here soon I told him to come here instead” Jaehyun smiled. This time, Erin widened her eyes. Jaehyun smiled, “it’s okay right?”

“Uhm.. uhm...”

 

 

“Hyung!”

Erin heard Mark’s voice from far and looked at him running towards Jaehyun. Mark looked at her and she looked away from him. She still couldn’t used to the fact that she’s dating him right now. Even though that’s fake.

“Oh Erin! What are you doing here?” Mark looked at her and Jaehyun, “you’re flirting with my hyung now?”

“Mark!” Jaehyun laughed, “I am not! We’re just talking here”

“You know her?” Mark asked Jaehyun and he nodded, “where?”

“We met on the convenience store near my house” Erin answered simply. Mark looked at her with suspicious in his eyes. “I’m telling you the truth!” Erin raised her voice a bit.

“I don’t care anyway” Mark looked away from Erin and moved his eyes to Jaehyun, “hyung, we should go now”

“Yeah we should” Jaehyun stood up and looked at Erin, “Erin, you made a mistake today”

 

Erin shocked. ‘What did I do?’ Erin got scared.

 

“You didn’t call me with oppa this whole time. I asked you to remember?” Jaehyun laughed, “oppa needs to go now, take care Erin-ah!”

 

Hearing that, Erin face became red and she looked at Mark who couldn’t care less. She is now really sure that Mark doesn’t have any feelings towards her. “Oh Erin-ah” Mark called her.

“What?” Erin asked.

“You’re coming to the annual camping right? I need your help” Mark asked.

“Y-yeah I am” Erin answered, “what help?”

“You’ll see” Mark smiled, I will see you later” Mark walked away leaving Erin who looked confused.

 

***

 

Jaehyun looked back and saw Erin still sitting in front of the dancing hall. Mark looked at Jaehyun confused. “Are you okay?” Mark asked him.

“Yeah I’m fine” Jaehyun laughed, “I just found your Canadian friend amusing”

“Who’s Canadian?” Mark asked.

“You don’t know that Erin is Canadian?” Jaehyun asked.

 

“SHE’S CANADIAN?” Mark screamed out of disbelief.

“Yeah she told me a while ago” Jaehyun replied, “no wonder her eyes is blue like that”

“Do you like her or what?” Mark looked at Jaehyun funny, “I think you have a crush on her”

“Well she’s nice” Jaehyun laughed, “and she likes Gray sunbaenim, which I find rare in a girl”

“How do you know?” Mark asked him again. He felt guilty now to the fact that he’s her fake-boyfriend at this moment.

“Well I heard her ringtone a while ago” Jaehyun replied, “she must be really cool. Lets go!” Jaehyun grabbed Mark hands and drag him to their van immediately.

 

***

 

Mark turned off his speaker and sit on the floor. He had been practicing for more than 3 hours in SM Building and he felt really tired. He looked at Taeyong who kept looking at him and glanced at him, “hyung I trained long enough” he said.

“Well you need to practice more because you’re not going to attend Friday and Saturday practice right?” Taeyong coldly answered him, “you need to practice now to fill that in”

“But hyung-“

“It’s not only you, Jaehyun is also in the next dance room being punished by Ten” Taeyong told Mark and Mark frowned, “you don’t know that he’s coming with you?”

“He’s coming?” Mark asked and Taeyong nodded.

“Yeah we think it would be good if he can watch you so he make himself as a supervisor in that camping event” Taeyong sighed, “he has a point but he insist to come to the fact that Ten is actually empty”

Mark went quiet after hearing Taeyong’s complain. ‘is it because of Erin?’ He wondered. “But hyung” Mark started to talk, “this camping, I’m going home on Saturady midnight anyway, why can’t you just let me slide for a while?” Mark asked for compensation.

“Hell no” Taeyong laughed, “seriously, why are you even attending this event? I always skip school event as much as I can”

“I just want to be close with my batch mates” Mark made a reason that was really unlogical somehow.

“Well you have friends already here,” Taeyong looked at him, “and you know, after you graduate, I am pretty sure you won’t hang out with each other anymore. You guys are too busy with life”

 

Mark got quiet.  “Anyway, I’m still going” Mark looked at Taeyong. It was really hard on asking his permission to go to the camping event, but he wanted everything to go well. He thought it was a perfect time to show Arin how good he is as a boyfriend to Erin; and of course, a bonus if ever Arin got jealous.

 

“If you’re still going, then start practicing again,” Taeyong walked and the speaker once again. The song ‘Limitless’ was playing in the room and Mark knew that it was really the time for him to practice again.

 

***

 

Ten looked at Jaehyun who seemed really exhausted. “More Jaehyun, more” Ten looked at Jaehyun who sat on the ground.

“but-“

“It’s not good enough” Ten looked at him and wondered, “seriously, I don’t want to punish you like this, but I need to because you’re going to that camping ground that is really far from Seoul”

“I just think that it might be fun, my friends will also supervised,” Jaehyun smiled. He stood up and started to dance again. Ten could only look at him weirdly.

“You know that’s weird right? You’re only friends with some people” said Ten, “what is this all about?”

“Well...” Jaehyun started to talk but still dancing, “you know, Mark is close with this girl-”

“Arin” Ten cut him.

“Yeah yeah  but not that one” Jaehyun laughed.

“So... Erin? The one who always stalk him?” Ten got confused.

“Yeah yeah, she’s interesting for me, I want to know her more” Jaehyun smiled while moving his body. Ten looked at him with a very shock feeling.

 

 

“SO THIS IS JUST BECAUSE A GIRL?” Ten screamed.

 

“Hyung!” Jaehyun looked around, “people can hear you!”

“They should hear me!” Ten got a little bit angry, “you know dating is forbidden”

“Y-yeah but I’m not gonna date her! She’s just interesting for me!” Jaehyun defended himself.

“Isn’t she ugly?” Ten asked.

“You should see her closely” Jaehyun laughed, “anyway, you’re also still waiting for that girl who date you when you’re in Thai right? We all have a girl problem,”

“Yeah but-“

“I’ll just continue practicing hyung” Jaehyun smiled, “and I don’t like her like that, she’s just interesting for me”

“I see, then practice harder if you want to still go tomorrow” Ten smiled and continue looking at Jaehyun practicing in the dancing room.

 

***