V

Unpleasantly Beautiful

YES EVERYONE IT'S A DOUBLE UPDATE! ENJOY!!! XOXO :*

 

“Yo Jaehyun! Over here!”

Jaehyun heard his name got called by someone he knew. He looked around and saw Dokyeom waving his hands towards him. he smiled and approached him. After 3 hours inside of the train, all students, teachers and supervisors are finally arrived at the camping ground and it took 30 minutes for everyone to actually arrived in the actual camping ground. Jaehyun himself didn’t feel any difficulties but he’s nervous about supervising students this year.

“Yo! Seokmin-ah!” Jaehyun smiled and greeted him. They were high-five-ing and Dokyeom laughed hearing his real name got mentioned by Jaehyun.

“Yoonoh-ya!” Dokyeom laughed, “long time no see! How’s life?”

“Busy man, we’re rivals.. remember?” Jaehyun remind him and he laughed, “and oh by the way, I heard about you messing up with my hyung”

“Chanyeol? Yeah...” Dokyeom laughed, “Just fighting for what I want man, no big deal”

“What’s her name again?” Jaehyun asked, “this girl must be amazing”

“Lee Ara” Dokyeom smiled, “so how are you? Finding anyone yet?”

“No man we’re focusing on getting our first win” Jaehyun explained and both of them laughed. Jaehyun looked around and saw Mark and Erin together. “Excuse me I need to go to Mark first” Jaehyun ran towards Mark and greeted the fake couples immediately. “Tired guys?” He asked a question as a greetings.

“Well.. yeah..” Mark nodded, “I can’t believe we’re going home like that as well”

“Don’t whine” Erin laughed, “it’s fun if you didn’t sleep. You can interact with your friends”

“You didn’t interact with anyone as well” Mark defended himself.

“Well I don’t have friends, that’s why” Erin smiled and looked at Jaehyun, “oppa annyeong! How was your day so far!”

“Tired from sitting?” Jaehyun laughed, “but it’s fine I we’re already here anyway”. Mark looked at Jaehyun and Erin who looked like they could get along easily.

“Hyung I need to go to my friends first, can you look at Erin for a while for me?” Mark asked and Jaehyun answered with a nod. Erin smiled and looked at Jaehyun who looked around.

“So oppa” Erin tried to find a conversation, “Are you nervous?”

“A little bit” Jaehyun laughed, “this is my first time supervising a camp. I hope I can do well”

“You will! Don’t worry!” Erin cheered him up, “by the way, you’re here actually because of Mark right? I can tell” Erin laughed after guessing.

“Good guess” Jaehyun laughed, “we’re going to have so much fun! I like taking a fresh air in a mountain” Jaehyun sighed and took a deep breath. He really liked the fresh air from the mountain. He knew he couldn’t get that in Seoul.

“Me too! I actually plan to go out in the morning to take some air!” Erin told Jaehyun her idea with a spark in her eyes. Once again, Jaehyun got amused by the blue eye that she has.

“We should go together maybe,” Jaehyun smiled.

“Yeah why not?” Erin smiled.

 

“Erin-ah, lets go” Mark called her and grabbed her bag. Jaehyun pushed Erin’s shoulder and giggled, “You guys should go now” Jaehyun smiled, “the orientaion is about to start”

“Thanks hyung” Mark and Erin walked away while Jaehyun decided to go back to Dokyeom. Dokyeom smiled at Jaehyun and smirked a bit. “What?” Jaehyun laughed.

“So that’s the girl,” Dokyeom laughed, “really Jaehyun? You’re really handsome you know that right?”

Hearing that, Jaehyun only laughed, “what are you talking about?” he asked.

“You like her don’t you? I can see that!” Dokyeom told Jaehyun his interpretation, “don’t lie to me I know you Jaehyun!”

“She’s just interesting for me!” Jaehyun laughed, “it’s not like I really like her, not really man”

“Yeah right” Dokyeom laughed, “why are you so interested on her? she’s so...”

“Ugly?” Jaehyun made a guess.

“I didn’t say that”

“But you think she is” Dokyeom laughed. Jaehyun laughed with him, “you should see her blue eyes. I just think maybe she’s different from any other students”

“I said that about Ara noona as well” Dokyeom stated.

“Shut up” Jaehyun laughed and walked with Dokyeom to see the orientation of the camping.

 

***

 

“Right now, we’re going to divide you into 6 person per group.. 3 girls and 3 boys” the teacher started to talk when Mark and Erin arrived and stand in the middle of the other student.

“I hope I can be in a same group with you” Mark smiled. Erin dazed for a while. She never thought that Mark would say that, but then again, she remembered, Mark was dating her and they had plans, so being close made everything so much easier.

“Yeah and also with Arin” Erin smiled.

 

 

“Third year! Lee Mark, Jung Jihoon, Choi Erin, Choi Arin, Park Jaera, and Lee Jungshin!” The teacher started to mention Mark, Arin, and Erin names at the same time. Erin and Mark smirked at each other and laughed.

“I will help you Mark to get the girl of your dream” Erin whispered to Mark and he smiled brighter than ever. Erin knew that she might not be able to like Mark, but at least, she could be Mark’s best friend, the one who help him when he needs help; since Mark did the same thing to Erin before.

“Thankyou!” Mark nodded. Erin looked at Arin who were smiling at her and also looking up at Jaera who seems not to like the group so much. Erin approached Jaera and Arin who were together.

 

“seems like we’re groupmates and tent mates?” Arin smiled at her and Erin nodded, “lets do well for our group okay? I’m looking forward to it” Arin gave Erin her hands and Erin received it immediately.

“I just wish our group is better,” Jaera looked at Erin, “if only she got removed from our group” Jaera looked at Erin with a disgusted face.

“Jaera!” Arin screamed at her with a low tone.

“Okay okay sorry” Jaera gave Erin her hand, “lets do well”

“Sure” Erin smiled and received Jaera’s hand. “So I think we should go make our tent right now.. right?” Erin asked.

“Yeah I think we should” Arin smiled and walked with Jaera to an empty place where they can build their tent.

 

“Wait for us!”

 

Erin heard a guy called them. She turned around and saw her groupmates, Jung Jihoon, called them. “you guys are not planning to build your own tent right?” he asked.

“Well I can build a tent so...” Erin got confused.

“Not you Erin, but the pretty girls over here, they pay for their beauty treatment, which I think you didn’t take” Jihoon looked at Erin with a disgusted face.

“Hey dude that’s my girlfriend you’re talking to” Mark got offended.

“Sorry Mark,” Jihoon laughed, “anyway, lets build our tent next to each others so we can help you”

“Good idea!” Jaera smiled. The 6 members decided to look for a wider space and found a place to stay. They built their tent for 30 minutes until everything was done. Mark himself couldn’t stop looking at Erin who was so busy on building her tent for her group. He felt a bit proud to have Erin as her fake girlfriend. ‘She’s a very independent woman’ he thought.

“Erin-ah!”

 

“Oppa!”

 

Mark got distracted by Erin’s voice and a guy voice who was calling her. Everyone looked at Erin and widened their eyes for a while.

“Did she just call Jaehyun sunbaenim oppa?” Jaera got shocked, “I need water here”

“Wow,” Jungshin tapped Mark’s shoulder, “your girlfriend is already close with other members? Nice dude”

Mark could only smile. He didn’t even know how could they be that close. He himself decided not to disturb Jaehyun and Erin and just listened to their conversation.

 

“Are you done with your tent?” He asked. Erin nodded and Jaehyun looked at her tent, “it looks nice” he gave a compliment.

“We made it” Jaera tried to steal attention and started to talk with Jaehyun.

“Right” Jaehyun smiled and looked at every single person in the group, “by the way, I’m your team leader, you’re going to work with me for 2 days and 2 night”

“You’re joking” Mark looked at him.

“Nope,” Jaehyun laughed, “they’re the one who assign me here, I want to lead Saeron’s group but Dokyeom got that”. Everyone laughed hearing Jaehyun’s joke and Mark could only glare at Jaehyun. “and oh, I need one girl and one boy to help me getting water for us”

 

“I will go” Erin started to talk.

“Nice Erin, you start to realize your place” Jaera laughed evilish.

“I’ll go with you then” Mark smiled. He looked at Arin and she didn’t look really comfortable. Mark smiled and held Erin’s hand to see more reaction coming from Arin. It was a bit obvious that Arin looked like she doesn’t really like it.

“Not Mark” Jaehyun smirked, “I need someone else”

“Why?” Mark got pissed.

“No dating Mark” Jaehyun smirked.

“I’ll go then” Jungshin raised his hand and step forward. Jaehyun nodded and smiled at everyone, “the rest should try to make small fire or prepare for next announcement from me”. Jaehyun, Erin and Jungshin walked away while the rest was staying in the tent. Mark could only look at Erin walking away while laughing with Jaehyun and Junsghin.

 

“You don’t like this arrangement do you?”

Mark looked next to her and saw Arin who was also looking at the 3 people walking away from them, “I can feel it that you don’t like it”

“I’m fine” Mark smiled.

“Well, okay then” Arin smiled and Mark looked at her. He never thought that Erin plan would work and actually made him closer to Arin. “Do you want any chocolate? I have some” Arin offered some chocolate. Mark smiled and got chocolate from his crush.

 

***

 

It was 6 PM and Erin finally done setting her tent up and setting her bed space with Jaera and Arin. She looked around and felt proud on the things she made today. “I’m a really tough girl, am I?” She felt proud.

“Erin-ah” Arin called her. She looked at Arin who sat on her sleeping bed, “can you accompnay me to the river? You know where that is right?”

“Yeah I know” Erin nodded, “why?”

“I need to get some water, I’m going to clean my face” Arin answered nicely, “can you accompany me? I don’t know where that is”

“Yeah sure” Erin smiled and got out from the tent. She helped Arin to get out and walked together towards the river. It was quiet and a little bit awkward.

“So” Arin started to talk, “how are you and Mark?”

 

Bingo.

 

Erin smiled and looked at Arin, “why?” Erin smiled, “we’re fine. He’s a really nice boyfriend”

“How long have you guys been dating?” Arin asked.

“Since July 1, you count” Erin smiled, “I’m Canadian so I count per month and not per day”

Hearing that, Arin laughed and nodded. “I see” Arin smiled, “so how does it feels to date Mark? Is it fun? Is he nice?”

“He’s really nice,” Erin started to ‘promoting’ Mark in front of Arin, “he’s protective, but not aggressive, he cares on what you need but also gives you space”

“Really?” Arin smiled bitterly but still smiling. Erin was really sure that Arin was actually also likes Mark; she just didn’t know how to deliver it to Mark himself.

After a while, they arrived in the river and Arin started to wash her face in the river. Erin smiled and Arin looked at her, “okay, you’re going to see me without make up, don’t be shock”

“I won’t” Erin laughed, “how does it feels to work when you’re still in school Arin? Is it hard?”

Arin smiled and looked at Erin, “why didn’t you ask Mark about it?” She asked.

“I don’t want to open that conversation with him” Erin shy, “but seriously, I envy you”

“It’s pretty nice to have your own money of course” Arin replied, “you know, you’re also good in arts, don’t you want to be like us? Singing with pro on stage or something like that”

 

Erin got quiet. Those thought came to her again. “I want to” Erin smiled, “but somehow, they never choose me. I don’t get it, I did great in class but they never choose me” Erin sighed.

“Well, you just need to groom yourself” Arin smiled.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I think the reason why you didn’t get chosen is because you’re not pretty”

 

Erin got shocked from Arin’s question. She was shock that Arin could slap her with words like that, but she’s right. And anyway, someone needed to slap her with words like that because now she realized the weakness of her. “Erin-ah” Arin called her, “are you okay?”

“Yeah Yeah I’m fine” Erin nodded. She looked at Arin’s face and she looked scared.

“Am I too harsh on you? I am so sorry if I said that-“

“No no it’s okay” Erin smiled, “so is that so?”

“Yeah we all think the same thing” Arin replied, “they mock you over and over because they know you wouldn’t dare to change,”

“NO” She got even shock by the fact Arin stated and she nodded, “gosh, where the hell am I this whole time? How come I didn’t know about this?”

“Well.. You don’t have any friends so who would tell you such things?” Arin bitterly smiled, “but I am your friend, so I am telling you this for your sake of goodness”

“Thankyou Arin-ah, you’re a nice person” She smiled and watching Arin who was washing her face. She realized that she needed to change; sooner or later. It’s not only for getting friends or anything; but because it’s a right thing to do.

“No worries, I’m just gonna finish washing my face and we should cook dinner for our group” Arin suggested and Erin agreed.

 

 

While Erin and Arin were talking in the river, they didn’t realize someone was listening to their conversation and watching them the whole time.

 

***

 

Jaehyun looked at his group who were busy eating their dinner and sharing their food together. He’s actually surprised he did not do anything wrong so far being a supervisor of the group.

“Sunbae” He heard Jaera’s voice calling her. Since he met her, it’s pretty obvious that Jaera was trying to get his attention, too bad, Jaehyun was really focusing on Mark and Erin as a couple.

“Yes Jaera-ssi” Jaehyun replied.

“You should eat with us here, we have ramyeon” Jaera smiled.

“I’m good I ate a while ago” Jaehyun smiled, “we should finish and clean this up in 30 minutes because after that, we should go on midnight travel with other groups”

“Really? That’s scary isn’t it!” Jaera screamed, “I don’t want to go”

“Tell you tell your teacher” Jaehyun smiled, “I think it’s going to be fun”

“I think so too!” Erin screamed out of excitement and made Jaehyun laughed. He liked how Erin expressing herself; not too much but not too shy once you get to know her.

 

“I’m going to wash the plates” Mark stand up, “give me your plates Erin, I’m going to wash it for you”

Erin who was done eating looked at Mark and smiled, I’ll do it myself”

“Lets just go together” Mark smiled.

“Great then maybe you can wash the plates of the other” Jaehyun suggest and smirked evilish.

“Hyung!”

“I don’t really mind” Erin mumbled.

“Great!” Jaehyun smiled, “guys if you’re done, give me and Mark your plates so we can wash it together”

“ne sunbae” Jaera nodded and somehow eat faster. Mark looked at Jaehyun and got annoyed a little bit, but after that, he smiled and laughed at it. Erin looked at Mark and Jaehyun who were messing up with others and pisses each others off, but she could also see how Jaehyun was really care about Mark.

After a while, everyone were with their food and it means Mark, Erin, and Jaehyun will wash their plates for them. Mark walked next to Erin while Jaehyun were standing behind them. Mark looked at Erin, “you were missing a while ago” he said.

“I was with Arin, she’s washing her face in the river” Erin smiled.

“Yeah I saw her there as well” Jaehyun mumbled.

“Oh really?” Mark got interested and smile at Erin, “so how was it? what do you think?”

“I think she actually likes you, like really” Erin smiled, “you just need to get her in a right time and place”. Erin looked at Jaehyun and frowned, “I didn’t see oppa a while ago, where were you?” She asked.

“I was just passing by” He looked at Mark. Mark looked at him and for a while and smile. “So, are we going tomorrow Erin-ah?”

“Totally” Erin smirked and laughed with Mark.

“Where are you guys going?” Mark curious and asked.

“We’re going to take a walk” Jaehyun excitedly told Mark his plan, “are you coming?”

“No I’m tired” Mark shortly answered. He felt uneasy somehow but he didn’t want that to disturb his plan. He shouldn’t tell Erin what to do anytime. He’s only her fake boyfriend afterall.

“Okay then!” Erin smiled, “oppa, you should pick me up early in the morning!”

“So maybe like 5?” Jaehyun asked.

“Yeah!” Erin nodded, “that would be really nice!”

Mark could only look at both of them, “you guys look good together”. He walked fast and made Erin and Jaehyun frowned by his act. Meanwhile, Jaehyun and Erin walked really slow and talk about many things to each others.

“Erin-ah I am so sorry but I heard your conversation with Arin a while ago” Jaehyun looked at Erin, “it’s not like I’m eavesdropping but-“

“It’s okay!” Erin smiled, “we talked about a lot of things”

“Yeah I heard she called you ugly?” Jaehyun made sure and Erin nodded, “you know what-“

“You know what? Maybe I am! But it’s because I didn’t take care of myself” Erin smiled, “I’m in art school where appearance is number 1 and yet I look like a dork” Erin bitterly smiled, “maybe I will change, what do you think?” she looked at Jaehyun.

“Well,” Jaehyun looked like he was thinking, “if you change, then everything will change too, I just want you to know that”

“Yeah I know,” Erin smiled, “but anyway, I will only have another 1 year here, and after that I will mve back to Vancouver, so that’s fine,”

“You’re moving back?”

“Yeah my mom actually wants me to stay in Vancouver instead of Korea. I guess she misses me too much” Erin made a joke and Jaehyun laughed. He never saw a girl that vain in front of him.

“Well, oppa will miss you if ever you will leave” Jaehyun smiled and Erin could only nodded.

 

“Can you guys walk faster?” Mark looked at both of them, “you walk so slow! What are you guys talking about anyway?” Mark looked at them and Jaehyun ran with Erin towards Mark and followed him to the river.

 

***

 

Midnight walk finished around 11 PM and everyone went back to their tent immedialy after they finished their midnight tracking. Mark and Erin were together the whole time and they finally walked back their tent. Erin smiled at Mark, “thankyou for today” Erin smiled.

“No big deal” Mark smiled, “go to your tent now, I will be there in a second”

“Why?”

“It’s part of my act” Mark smiled. Erin smiled dissappear after realizing that once again, none of this was real. She only smiled a little bit and went back to her tent. She looked at Arin and Jaera who was already under their sleeping bag ready to sleep. “Are you going to sleep now?”

“Yes, we need beauty sleep,” Jaera glared at Erin, “are you done dating your boyfriend?”

“Y-yeah” Erin smiled, “he’s just going to come here for a while”

“Why?” Arin asked.

“No idea” Erin put herself under her sleeping bed. She fixed her stuff and made herself comfortable. She looked at her tent door and yet he did not showed up.

“Erin-ah” She heard Mark’s voice from outside. She opened the tent door and saw Mark bringing her some lightstick. “I’m here” he smiled, “are you cold?” Mark asked after he saw Erin was insid of her sleeping bag, “I brought you some light stick so it won’t be really dark”

“Not really” Erin answered, “Just a little bit. And thanks for the light stick”

“use this too then” Mark took off his jacket and gave it to Erin, “use it please so you won’t feel cold”. Erin could only smile and wore it. Arin and Jaera could only become their audience.

“Anything else Mark? We’re trying to sleep here” Arin coldly asked. It’s obvious that she didn’t like the attention that Mark gave.

“Not really Arin” Mark smiled at Arin, “good night girls, sleep tight”. Mark left and Erin closed the tent door.

“lucky you” Arin coldly praised Erin and went to sleep immediately. Erin could only smile. This was a really good news for Mark; he would love to hear this from her. She smiled and closed her eyes so she can go to sleep.

 

***

 

Jaehyun woke up because of the alarm he set last night. He looked at his phone and it said it was 4:30 in the morning. “I need to wake up now” Jaehyun looked around and saw Dokyeom was still sleeping. He was a little bit glad he didn’t wake up because if he was, his plan would be a trouble.

Jaehyun imeediately took a bath; brushing his teeth and wash his body for a while. It was a crazy cold night, but he needed to survive because he knew he wouldn’t be able to do that again later. After 30 minutes of grooming himself, he decided to walk to Erin’s tent. Just like what he promised the day before, he promised to pick her up and accompany her for a morning walk. He was excited because he had friend to talk to.

Arriving at the tent, he realized that something was moving inside of the tent. “Erin-ah” he called in a very low voice.

“Be there in a minute!” Erin replied with a whisper, “my friends are still sleeping”

Jaehyun giggled. ‘This girl is funny’ he thought. He waited outside of the tent and Erin appeared after 5 minutes. She looked clean as well and it looked like she took a bath.

“You took a bath?” Jaehyun widened his eyes and Erin nodded, “but it’s very cold”

“Yeah but I won’t be able to do it later” Erin laughed, “by the way, what time is our first activity?”

“around 8:30, do you want to see sunrise at the top?” Jaehyun offered. Hearing that, Erin’s eyes looked brighter than before and nodded really fast. “If you want maybe we should go now, it will look amazing”

“Sure!” Erin answered, “lets grab some air and walk to the top!”. Jaehyun nodded and they started to walk. They walked a little bit fast and grab the fastest route to the top.

“Want to listen at some music?” Jaehyun asked.

“yeah sure! That would be fun!” Erin nodded, “what do you got?”

“I have Coldplay” Jaehyun scroll over his phone, “but that’s not nice for walking”

“Right” Erin laughed, “what about if we sing along through NCT song and make a bet” Erin smirked. Jaehyun got interested and Erincontinued, “you need to treat me if I can sing every song from you guys”

“or lets make a game!” Jaehyun suggested, “a guess song game!”

“but that’s easy”

“You can only listen to the song for one second” Jaehyun explained, “that’s the challenge”

“That’s hard” Erin nodded, “okay I agree! Give me the song!” Jaehyun smiled and started to look for a song. He played a song while they were walking and Erin listened.

“What song is that?” Erin confused.

“I played it already” Jaehyun laughed, “now you need to answer”

“Is it heart breaker by 127?” Erin made her guess.

“WOW” Jaehyun looked at her and she smiled, “you have a nice ear”

“Thankyou!” Erin smiled and walked faster to the top, “should I have another song?”

“Yeah sure!” Jaehyun started to play another song for one second. Erin smiled at Jaehyun and he got scared a little bit.

“That’s my favorite song! Another world!” Erin made her guess. Once more, she was right. Jaehyun nodded and tried to play another song. “Oppa” Erin called him.

“Hmm?”

“If I win again, will you sing angel for me?” Erin asked.

“hmm...” Jaehyun smiled, “yeah if you want to sing with me”

“Why me?” Erin frowned, “come on! Just one time!”

“Yeah oppa will do it unless you do it with me” Jaehyun tried to set another deal, “you like?”

“hmm okay” Erin smiled, “now play the last soong!”. Jaehyun looked for the last song and played it for a second. Erin looked at him and smiled, “that’s Taeil oppa’s song, I know that!”

“Impressive!” Jaehyun laughed, “congratulations Miss Choi, you just got yourself a private concert from Jung Jaehyun!”

“Thankyou sir!” Erin laughed. After a while, Jaehyun and Erin were finally at the top of the mountain. It was seven in the morning and they have a lot of time before the sun rises. “So” Jaehyun looked at her, “why do you want to change?”

“Well I think I need to” Erin smiled, “I realized that I’m art student where appearance is everything. Maybe that’s why none of the agency is calling me as well; because I’m not really attractive for them”

“So what are you going to change?” Jaehyun asked for more, “don’t change too much, oppa will not like it”

“What do you think I should change?” Erin asked.

“Well, first of all, start using contact lenses” Jaehyun pointed out, “and your hair, and just a natural make up”

“That’s not a lot” Erin smiled, “I’ so excited to show Mark how different I am!”

“Why Mark?” Jaehyun asked, “aren’t you guys dating for fake?”

“Yeah but we’re friends now,” Erin replied, “at least he wouldn’t be shy to have a good friend that is pretty, you know he’s going to accompany me to watch concert on Monday 2 weeks from now”

“Really?”

“Yeah he said as a thank you” Erin got excited, “I really want to watch this concert but I don’t want to be alone”

“I see. I’m glad you guys are now friends, but you also need to be yourself Erin-ah” Jaehyun smiled and looked at the sky, “I think the sun is rising soon! I will start to record it!” Jaehyun took his phone and Erin frowned, “why?” Jaehyun asked.

“I feel it’s better if you watch it with your eyes compared to recording it.. you won’t be able to focus anyway” Erin grabbed Jaehyun’s phone and put it in a rock near them, “lets put it here and we’ll see the sunrise with our eyes”

“Good idea!” Jaehyun smiled and watched the sunrise with Erin. He realized that he’s not in love with her or such thing, but she really inspire him to become a better person, somehow. Erin was a really independent woman who stuggle by herself to truly found who she really is. And Jaehyun admire her guts and everything he did. He would like to keep her beacuse she’s precious, and protecting her might not be necessary, but he knew that was a really right thing to do.

 

***