My Type

Betting on Boredom

The picture of her and Taeyong on NCT 127's site did not go unnoticed by the school. The next day everyone was asking her about it and if there was something going on between her and Taeyong. Na Ri was furious.

"I trusted him! I had faith in him! And this is what he does!!" Na Ri ranted laying on her back on Ten's bed. Seulgi was sitting next to her trying to calm Na Ri down, but it wasn't working. "NCT 127 HAS BETRAYED ME!!" Na Ri anguished flailing around the bed

"First of all you don't even know if it is a 'he,' Second of all he'd have to know you to betray you and I'm pretty sure he doesn't." Ten reasoned from his place at his desk where he was playing Overwatch.

Johnny turned around in his desk to face Na Ri. "Give the guy a break, I'm sure he probably didn't mean anything by posting it. He's a photographer right? Aren't photographers supposed to be impartial observers and just present what they see?" Johnny asked.

Na Ri quickly sat up and pointed her finger at Johnny. "Don't you dare defend him. This is inexcusable." Johnny just put his hands up in surrender before turning back around to his desk to study.

"Don't you have an exam tomorrow?" Seulgi asked Na Ri hoping to change the subject.

Na Ri deflated a bit. "Yeah, don't remind me. I keep hoping the professor will move it back or something." She flopped back on the bed. "I also have my first report due for the newspaper tomorrow on how my research and article are coming along." She sighed.

"It's tomorrow, you need to study for it already." Seulgi argued already knowing she would have to force Na Ri to go to the library.

"I don't want too..." Na Ri whined grabbing one of Ten's pillows and covering her face with it.

Seulgi took the pillow out of her grasp. "This isn't negotiable. You have to study. You don't want to have to call your mother and explain to her why your failing a class do you?" She threatened.

Na Ri groaned Seulgi was right, her parents would kill her if she started failing her classes. "Fine... I'll go to the library to study." Na Ri pouted sitting up.

"Good girl, we can go party after your test to celebrate." Seulgi promised patting her friend on the head.

Na Ri just side eyed her before grabbing her bag and with a quick "see ya later" to her friends headed out of the dorm. She walked through campus to the library. It wasn't her least favorite place on campus, it was big and quite and Na Ri liked the feeling of getting lost in the stacks. The problem with the library however was Doyoung, her ex. He always seemed to be working there every time Na Ri had to go to the library. They had dated for a semester freshman year, but ultimately broke it off when they realized they couldn't stand each other. The one good thing about Doyoung was the fact that he hated Taeyong as well, but even mutual hatred couldn't overcome all that pent up resentment.

Na Ri checked both ways entering the front door of the library, hoping that he either wasn't in today or was somewhere in the back. She was only a few steps before she was caught.

"Well, well, well, look who's showing her face in the library for once." the familiar voice sneered. She spotted him at the front desk with his hands behind his head and his feet up on the desk.

"Hello Doyoung." Na Ri nodded keep her face neutral. She was determined to not let him get under her skin today, she could not afford to get distracted by getting pissed off again.

"I'm surprised to see you here, I wasn't aware you had ever picked up a book before." Doyoung said calmly.

Na Ri prickled. "I'm literally a writer Doyoung, I plan to be published someday. But you wouldn't know that now would you since you couldn't be bothered to care about anyone but yourself." She shot back crossing her arms. Doyoung frowned at her opening his mouth to reply, but Na Ri didn't let him. "Now excuse me, but I'm not going to stand around all day trading insults with you." She said ending their conversation before walking farther into the library leaving Doyoung behind.

She found a table towards the back that was empty and quickly claimed it before pulling out her text book and notebooks to start studying. She was only a few pages in before a bag was slung over the chair in front of her and a body dropped into the seat. Ignoring whoever it was Na Ri tried to stay focused on the page she was reading.

"Exam tomorrow?" The person asked drawing her attention. She frowned when she saw who had joined her at the table.

"Taeyong what are you doing here?" Na Ri asked feeling physically tired just by being in his presence.

He opened his mouth ready to have a smart comeback, but when he saw the look Na Ri was giving him decided better of it. "I have a test tomorrow too, this was the only table that had any seats left, trust me or I wouldn't be bothering you." He answered honestly. Na Ri looked around to see that he was right, she frowned trying to decide if staying to study was worth it if it meant being near Taeyong. "Fine..." She muttered, "But don't cross this line." She said drawing an imaginary line across the table.

He raised his eyebrows at that but nodded. "Alright I won't. But as long as you promise not cross that line either." He said leaning forward and wiggling his eyebrows at her.

Na Ri almost threw her book at him, but held back. "Trust me, it won't be a problem." She replied turning back to textbook.

Taeyong didn't answer her and when she quickly looked up to check what he was doing she was surprised to see that he had gone to studying as well. She had thought it was going to be a harder battle to get him to leave her alone.

However the battle wasn't over. Five minutes later she felt eyes on her, and when she looked up Taeyong was watching her. "Creepy much?" She said. "Can I help you?"

"When do you need to get your article done?" He asked putting his head in his hands. "You know the competition is coming up soon right?"

Na Ri sighed. "Yeah, yeah I know. I actually need to get started today." She answered.

Taeyong seemed pleased to hear that, a small smile gracing his lips. "Oh really? Well then I guess its a good thing this was the only place left to sit then wasn't it."

Na Ri just stared at him unamused. "I still have studying to do. We can get to the article after."

Taeyong just shrugged before turning back to his laptop which Na Ri hadn't even noticed him get out.

This time it was a little while before she got distracted from her studying, but instead of it being Taeyong it was some girls from a table nearby. "Look, isn't that Taeyong?" One of them asked.

"Yeah that's definitely him, but who is he sitting with?" Another one pointed out.

"Oh my god that's Na Ri!" The first one exclaimed in a whisper. "She hates him, what are they doing sitting together?"

"Isn't that the girl that was in 127's photo last night?" A third girl asked. In her heart Na Ri was vowing to kill that photographer when she finally met him.

"What no way!" The second girl gasped. "I wonder what's going on between them"

Na Ri slowly felt her face start heating up and she risked a glance up in Taeyong's direction only to see that he was looking at her, smirking. "I saw the photo this morning." He commented. "Yuta's been bugging me ever since."

"I hope you know that after I kill 127 you're next on my list." Na Ri grumbled, her face still a bright shade of red. 

Taeyong feigned a gasp. "You mean to tell me you're not interested in me? I'm shocked!"

That earned him a withering look from Na Ri, whose fingers where itching to throw her pen a him. "You're not my type, plus it's a well known fact that I hate you."

He looked thoughtful at that. "Yeah, I still don't know why, but whatever there's nothing I can do about it." He shrugged leaning back in his chair before running a hand through his hair.

"You can jump off a cliff." Na Ri muttered lowly shoving her face in her notebook. If Taeyong heard he didn't comment on it.

A second later he spoke up. "I bet you 100 dollars I could get you to fall in love with me" Na Ri dropped her book on the table.

"What? That's crazy! And why on earth would I take that bet?" She said frowning at him, regretting ever letting him sit there in the first place.

"Because you're bored and you hate me. And if you really hate me what do you have to lose?" Taeyong reasoned, a grin beginning to form on his face

"Most likely my patience." Na Ri retorted deciding he was being ridiculous.

Taeyong pouted and if Na Ri was anyone but herself she would have swooned, because he was extremely attractive when he pouted. No one should be that attractive when pouting. "Come on Na Ri you're bored, I'm bored. You think you'll win, I think I'll win. Why should we not make this bet. Unless you think you'll lose?" He bargained, a spark of challenge in his eye.

For reasons unknown to her she agreed. "If it will get you to shut up about it, fine, It's a bet." She answered, causing a full blown smile to appear. She was already wishing she hadn't agreed to this. "So is there going to be a time frame to this or what?" She asked.

He thought about it for a moment. "How about to the end of the semester. If you aren't in love with me by the time Christmas break roles around I'll owe you a hundred bucks." He proposed.

Na Ri considered it before nodded. "Ok sounds fair. But you better be prepared to lose."

Taeyong leaned forward looking excited. "If I thought I would lose I wouldn't have made the bet." He replied.

"Whatever, now please let me finish studying so I can get started on the newspaper article." Na Ri begged.

Taeyong winked sitting back in his chair. "Whatever you want sweetheart." She was already considering punching him in the face.

The rest of their studying went by uneventful without anymore disturbances, which meant they finished rather quickly. Na Ri was wondering if she could just beg her professor for another story or maybe more time, but she knew that neither one of those options would happen. Their textbooks had been put away and Na Ri pulled out her own laptop to get started on taking notes. In all that time she had spent avoiding Taeyong and her professor she had in fact typed up the questions she wanted to ask.

Taeyong sat patiently as Na Ri typed a few things before turning to face him. "Alright, so when is this competition being held, where is it, and why is it important?"

"Well, ok. um the competition is two weeks from now and it's being held here at the school. It's the World of Dance competition and it travels all across the globe. Literally all the best dancers and crews have performed at this competition. Going is an honor, but it's also a chance to make your mark in the dance community and start getting world recognition" Taeyong explained. As he spoke he started to brighten up and looking excited. "The fact that it's being held here is amazing enough but for me and my crew to get the chance to compete. We're so lucky."

Na Ri typed while he spoke getting down facts, and things she noticed while he spoke for the article. "Tell me about your crew. What do you call yourselves, how many people are in it." She asked. 

"Well our crew is called SR15B. There's..." Taeyong began counting on his hands trying to calculate, "...15 of us. We've been together for about three years now in total, although not everyone has been around that long. I'm the leader of the group and me and another one of the guys choreographs all our dances. I'm sure you'll meet him when you come to our practice." 

Na Ri raised her eyebrow at him, looking over her laptop. "When I come to your practice?" She asked.

"Well yeah I'm sure you'll want some statements from the other guys and you should see the routine we're going to do for the competition shouldn't you." Taeyong explained.

Na Ri frowned a bit. "Yeah, your right."

"Oh here, give me your cell phone." He said picking it up off the table. "I'll give you my number....oh you have a password." He said getting stopped by the lockscreen.Na Ri snatched it back out of his hand, careful to hide her passcode from him before handing it back to him. he quickly entered his number in as a contact and sent himself a text. "There, now I don't have to go hunting you down around campus." He said proudly.

"Don't start texting me for no reason now, got it?" She warned taking her phone back from him. She frowned when she saw what he put his contact as.

Taeyong just shrugged and Na Ri decided to just let it go. They finished up the rest of her questions fairly quick and Na Ri was relieved when he finally left with a wink and reminder to not forget about the bet. She was looking forward to that 100 dollars. She rounded up the rest of her things and headed out of the library, pleased to see that Doyoung was no longer at the front desk. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and it took her a moment to get it out. It was a text from Taeyong. Her head fell back as she groaned, looking up into the darkening sky. This was already a big mistake.

 

 

 

TaeisBae<3: I had fun with you at the library today!

NaReally: Don't make me cite you for harassment

TaeisBae<3: :(

TaeisBae<3: We have practice once a day so just let me know when is good for you.

NaReally: Mondays

TaeisBae<3: Got it...what's your favorite song?

TaeisBae<3: Na Ri????

TaeisBae<3: Hello....

TaeisBae<3: Ignoring me huh? We'll I'll let you know it will never work. I'm immune to being ignored.


I had so much fun writing the last chapter that I just had to continue! I'm really happy where everything is going and the pacing so far in the story. I'm on Spring Break now so I'll have more time to write however I don't know how much I will get done. Thank you for reading!!

Much Love,

Ashton