Face

Betting on Boredom

WendyorNot: Dears because I will be otherwise occupied tonight I expect you to follow Na Ri and Taeyong on their date and take plenty of pictures and give me ALL the nitty gritty details XOXO

JohnnyBoi: Uhhh who is this? 

Tenoutof10: D A T E????????

DJPringle: Johnny I gave Wendy your number so she could text all of us

DJPringle: And yes Ten you read that correctly. Na Ri and Taeyong are going on a date, although she's not calling it a date

Tenoutof10: Holy , Johnny grab your good camera and cancel your plans this is all we're doing tonight!!!

 

Na Ri saw Taeyong before he saw her. He was standing outside on the steps that led to her residence hall looking at the ground as he tapped the front of his boot against the stairs. He was dressed nice, Seulgi would say he looked hot and Wendy would call him smokin, but for Na Ri nice was all she was willing to admit. He was dressed in black skinny jeans with a washed out jean jacket over a plaid button up that he had left ed to show off his well fitting black t-shirt. He had styled his hair up off his forehead and it was obvious he was trying not to run his hands through his hair messing it up. Na Ri could even see that he was wearing dangly earrings from where she was standing just inside the door. Obviously she wasn't the only one trying to look hot tonight. 

Pushing open the glass door Na Ri stepped outside, capturing the attention of Taeyong whose face quickly morphed into one of surprise. "Oh wow....uh hey" He said stumbling over his words as he straightened up and put his hand up to run through his hair, before quickly remembering that he couldn't and putting it back down. Na Ri's fingers twitched as she tried not to imagine running them through his hair. "You look um...." Taeyong's eyes roamed over Na Ri, his ears turning slightly pink. He coughed. "You look nice." He said his eyes going back to her own. 

Na Ri felt her face heat up and she imagined that her cheeks were probably pink. "Um thank you..." She replied running her hands down the sides of her borrowed skirt. Why did her hands feel sweaty? "You don't look too shabby either." She forced out, feeling like her body temperature was much too warm for how cool it was outside. 

Taeyong tugged on one of the arms of his jacket and gave a short laugh, "Yeah?...that's good." The two were quiet for a moment before Taeyong coughed again. "Uh well, I hope you're hungry. This place is one of my favorites..."

"Yeah I like it too..." Na Ri responded walking the rest of the way down the stairs to where Taeyong was standing. Now that she was closer she could smell his cologne, it was a mixture of cinnamon and cedar. It smelled good. She had to resist the urge to reach her hand out and touch his hair again, now that she was closer. She wondered how he got it to look so soft despite being so styled and she wondered if it felt as soft as it looked.  

"Well then let's not stand here waiting then" Taeyong said giving her a smile breaking her train of thought.

"Sounds good to me." Na Ri nodded, wondering if her face could possibly get any redder. 

The two of them walked through campus to where the sushi place stood waiting for them. Inside it was fairly crowded but they were seated immediately and after placing their order they were suddenly left to themselves. "I just wanted to say thank you again...for the article. I know the guys all were so excited to read it, but I really appreciated it too" Taeyong spoke up after a moment of silence and Na Ri trying not to meet his gaze.

"Um...you're welcome...I mean you don't really need to thank me. It's not like I had a choice to write it." Na Ri replied playing with one of the rings on her fingers. 

Taeyong looked down at the table, "I mean I know that, but you've put in a lot of time and effort into it, plus you've already come to more practices than anyone else and I don't think you realize how much the guys enjoyed getting to show off on front of someone. They're certainly not used to having an audience."

Na Ri furrowed her brow at Taeyong's statement, "I've only been to two practices...what about some of the kids' parents or some of the guy's girlfriends? What about your parents? Surely some of them have come before to watch"

Taeyong shook his head. "Not really, there's a large portion of the guys who are hear from overseas: Yuta, Sicheng, Kun, Chenle, Renjun, Lucas, hell even Mark. So they don't get to see their family at all. And I think the only one dating right now is Taeil, which....she's come around before, but she's pretty busy with school."

"And your parents? Wouldn't they come to watch?" Na Ri prodded again. 

Taeyong was quiet a moment, not looking at Na Ri, "My parents are....they're pretty busy..." He said shrugging, ot meeting her eyes. 

"Oh...well I've enjoyed coming to the practices. I've never seen anything like it before so I learned a lot." Na Ri shared before taking a sip of the drink she had ordered. 

"Well you're always welcome to come, even after the competition and articles are done." Taeyong said smiling at her. "I know it would be much appreciated by the guys if you did. Yuta would love is Seulgi came again and Mark keeps asking every practice now if you'll be there." 

Na Ri raised her eyebrow at him, "He does? I didn't realize I had made such a big impression on him"

"Me either," He shrugged.

"Well I know it won't be too difficult to get Seulgi to go back. She loved getting to see Yuta dance." Na Ri shared with him. 

Taeyong smiled, "Those two really are head over heals for each other aren't they?"

Na Ri returned his smile, "They really are. You need to push Yuta to ask her out, cause she's already told me that she won't make the first move."

Taeyong rolled his eyes letting out a small laugh. "Trust me I have. Many times, and so have the rest of the guys, and so have some of the guys on the football team. Yuta seems to think that we're all the delusional ones and that 'there's no way she likes him like that.' I'm ready to tear my hair out." 

Na Ri laughed, "Something tells me we're going to have to meddle if we want to see anything happen." 

"Most likely. You know..." He said thinking a moment. "I think this is the longest we've ever talked where you didn't get angry or upset." Taeyong pointed out.

"Well amazingly your presence isn't as annoying as it normally is so its bearable." Na Ri scoffed and looked away. She tried to ignore the fact that she was seriously enjoying being there and that there were a lot of other couples around them happily eating and sharing their food together in the restaurant. 

"Is that why you don't like me? Cause you think I'm annoying?" Taeyong frowned to which Na Ri sighed looking back at the boy in front of her who was practically pouting. Na Ri tried not looking at his lips.  

"No it's not cause of that.......not that you can't be annoying sometimes." Na Ri replied her eyes darting around. 

"Then why?" Taeyong asked earnestly. "If it's something I did at least give me the chance to apologize to you for it."

Na Ri frowned opening to speak but was interrupted by the arrival of their food. After the waiter finished checking on them and had left them alone again Na Ri turned back to Taeyong seemingly like she had made up her mind. "I'll tell you after the bet is over and I win." She said matter-of-factly.

Now it was Taeyong's turn to frown at her, "What if I win? Will you still tell me?"

Na Ri made a disgusted face. "You aren't going to win Taeyong, but sure either way after the bet is over I'll tell you why I hate you." 

Taeyong extended his hand to her over their food. "Deal," He said, a mischevious look in his eye.

"Deal," Na Ri repeated taking his hand and shaking it.

Na Ri went to remove her hand from his grip, but he only tightened it before leaning forward over the table and whispering low in her ear, "And by the way...I'm going to be the one to win." His breath against her ear made her shiver, despite her attempts not to show it. Taeyong was smiling again, clearly pleased with his efforts, but Na Ri decided to take matters into her own hands and listen to the advice of her best friend and cousin for once.

Before Taeyong could let go and sit back down, Na Ri leaned close as well, making sure that her lips grazed against the shell of his ear, "Honey by the time this is over you're going to be wishing you had won," She whispered back dropping her voice low. When she leaned back in her seat, finally letting go of Taeyong's hand, she was smirking feeling excitement bubbling in her chest. Taeyong eyes were wide and his mouth was open in shock. His ears were red as he quickly sat back in his seat as well. "Let's eat" Na Ri said innocently before picking up her chopsticks to dig in to their meal.

After they had finished eating Taeyong walked her back to her residence hall. They stopped at the steps and Taeyong put his hands in his pocket. "Well....thanks for coming out with me tonight, it was nice" 

"Yeah...it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was going to be." Na Ri confessed to which Taeyong smiled. 

"I'm glad. I try to not be a horrible date." He replied. They both paused seemingly unsure how to end....whatever this was. Na Ri tried not to be distracted by the way the tip of his tongue ran over his lips or how Taeyong was looking at her, his eyes flitting down to her lips every so often.  "So I guess I'll see you around?" Taeyong asked his lips once again after a few tension filled moments. 

"Yeah...I guess you will." Na Ri replied feeling sort of lightheaded and breathless for some reason "Um...Goodnight Taeyong...." 

Taeyong smiled at her, "Goodnight Na Ri...." He said his voice low and practically in a whisper, before turning and walking off in the direction of his dorm. 

Na Ri let out the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding before entering her building. Wendy was not in the dorm when she entered, but Seulgi was. She was sitting up straight on her bed facing the door as if she knew Na Ri would be entering any minute.

"Well??" Seulgi prompted when Na Ri entered the room and kicked off her shoes. "How did it go?"

Na Ri gave her a look, "How long have you been sitting there waiting for me to get back?" She asked still feeling slightly off balance as she grabbed one of the stuffed animals off her bed and hugged it close, sitting on her bed facing Seulgi. 

"Not long." Seulgi shrugged, "Now come on! Tell me how it went!" She said bouncing on the bed in excitement.

Na Ri chewed on her bottom lip before answering. "It was...fine. I mean it was awkward at first, but it was fine. I didn't kill him so i suppose it went well." 

Seulgi groaned, "You are giving me literally nothing to work with here. You said it wasn't awkward at first so it got less awkward later?"

"I mean I think I flustered him a few times, he definitely checked me out when he first saw me." Na Ri shared chewing on her bottom lip again. "And we actually talked...so....yeah"

"Oh did he now?" Seulgi perked up. "I'm guessing he liked what he saw. What about him? How did he look?"

Na Ri thought about how soft his hair looked, the smell of cinnamon and cedar, and the way his tongue darting across his lips. She felt her face get warm again. "Um...he looked fine. If you saw him you would have said he was hot. He dressed up and styled his hair."

"Are you blushing right now?" Seulgi asked  opening in shock. 

"What? No! of course not! It was just really cold out there and I'm still adjusting to the temperature!" Na Ri denied shaking her head vehemently trying to hide her red cheeks.

"Mmmm not buying it but ok." Seulgi replied raising her eyebrow at her friend who fell back on her bed in frustration. 

After a full interrogation from Seulgi, Na Ri was finally able to go scamper off to the bathroom to wash the make up off her face and take a shower before going to bed. Wendy did not return to their dorm that evening, Na Ri figured that she was probably staying with Chan or Woojin. She decided she was not looking forward to Wendy's interrogation the next day...or the fact that Ten and Johnny were eventually going to find out. She wasn't sure how she felt about today and she didn't like not knowing. Being angry was so much easier than whatever this was. 

 

WendyorNot: I must commend your work boys, it's truly spectacular. Who took the photos they look professional

Tenoutof10: that would be Johnny and thank you, we worked hard

Tenoutof10: although the two of them were so focused on each other we could have been doing the salsa next to their table and they probably wouldn't have noticed...

Tenoutof10: thought we were going to get a kiss at the end there but nope...maybe next time

WendyorNot: well I send my appreciation, now I'll see you tomorrow dears, I'll make sure to treat you for your work. 

 


So you've probably noticed that all the chapter titles are the names of songs. If you do not know the song Face by Woosung I HIGHLY recommend it. I jam to that song on the daily. I had originally titled this chapter Man in a Movie after the song by Day 6, but I didn't think it quite fit the vibe of the chapter so I changed it, that song may come in as a chapter title later in the story. I think Woosung's song fits better and if you check it out you may see why *insert smirking emoji* 

So I'm not saying I'm taking requests cause that's not what this fic is, but I am curious to see if there's anything you'd like to see or think you might see in this story. That may help me get those elusive inspiration juices flowing and so you might (heavy emphasis on might) see it show up in the story. 

Much Love,

Ashton