City 127

Betting on Boredom

Wendy reappeared the next morning wearing a school hoodie and some pajama pants that Na Ri knew didn't belong to her. She suspected they were Woojin's considering how big they were on her frame. "So how was your evening?" Na Ri asked brushing her hair as her cousin sat down next to her on the bed. 

Wendy smiled at her, despite her hair having been thrown up in a ponytail and all her make up washed off she still looked gorgeous. Na Ri couldn't help but compare herself to her, with the bags under her eyes and the knots she was struggling to get out of her hair, she was sure she didn't look half as beautiful. "It was great! I hate that I live half a world away from those boys..." Wendy took the brush from Na Ri's hand, "Here...let me help." She said turning Na Ri so she could brush her hair. "Chan showed me some of the songs he's been working on while we waited for Woojin to get back from Kendo practice. Changbin brought the alcohol around eight, and I think I fell asleep around one.. or was it two? I cant remember, but it was fun." 

"Which of the boys let you borrow their clothes?" Na Ri asked closing her eyes as Wendy began working at the knots.

"Woojin...he's the sweetest. I vaguely remember him giving them to me to wear and then washing my face. I woke up in his bed this morning. Hyunjin told me he slept in Chan's room on the floor...ever the gentlemen." Wendy replied confirming Na Ri's suspicion. "What about your evening? How was your date with Taeyong?" 

Na Ri sighed looking down at her hands, "How many times do I have to say it wasn't a date before people will believe me?" 

"Oh honey...that's a battle you are never going to win..." Wendy laughed running the brush through Na Ri's hair. "Did you at least have a good time?"

Na Ri hummed, "Yeah....it wasn't horrible..." She answered.

"Well I'm glad to hear that at least. If he had been a horrible date I would have to beat him up....or at least send Changbin to beat him up." Wendy joked.

Na Ri smiled, "I'd like to see that." 

"Yeah I bet you would," Wendy rolled her eyes as she put down the brush, having gotten all the knots out, and began to braid Na Ri's hair. "You know....you should come with me to one of their parties this week. You would have fun"

Na Ri bit her lip, "I don't know...I can't say that a SKZ party is exactly my crowd... I mean nothing against Chan, he's a great guy and so are the rest of them, but their parties are....kinda insane..."

Wendy laughed, "But that's what makes them so fun! Just come to one with me....please?" Wendy gave Na Ri the best puppy dog eyes she could manage, which admittedly were pretty good since she's had so much practice. 

"Oh all right," Na Ri sighed, "Just this once, but if I don't like it I'm leaving." 

"Deal!" Wendy squealed giving her cousin a big hug. "See this is why you are my favorite cousin, Seonghwa is a killjoy, I know you're going to have a great time!" 

"That's doubtful since I'm already regretting it." Na Ri replied giving Wendy a smile. "And Seonghwa can be fun....sometimes...I think"

"Oh please that boy acts like an annoying mother hen, whenever I go visit him he's always 'Wendy don't do that, Wendy don't do this, Wendy don't stay out so late, Wendy what do you think you're wearing' I am a free spirit! Let me live!" Wendy declared emphatically.

Na Ri snorted, "Do you plan to be a free spirit forever or do you think there might be someone who you would be willing to settle down with one day."

Wendy thought for a moment, "I don't know, I mean I certainly am interested in dating, but I haven't found anyone willing to put up with me yet. I'm not going to entirely change who I am for someone....which neither should you by the way. If I find out you start dating some boy and you no longer are the crazy weird cousin that I love then I will fly back here and fight you."

"Noted...what about Woojin or Chan? I know you still live in Canada, but they seem to like you a lot and you don't have to act lke someone you're not around them." Na Ri asked. "Would you be interested in dating either one of them?"

Wendy furrowed her brow, "I don't know I've never thought about it before."

"Well now you have something to think about." Na Ri replied patting Wendy's knee. "Now I have to get dressed for class, want to go visit Seulgi in studio after? I know JYP will be excited to see you, we haven't told him you were coming yet." 

"That sounds like a great plan." Wendy replied. 

Na Ri's spent most of her class bored. She sat in the back of the room trying not to fall asleep while scrolling through twitter, barely listening to the professor drone on and on about sentence structure and prose. The class was almost done when Na Ri sat bolt up in her chair, drawing the attention of one of the boys sitting a few chairs down who was giving her a confused look. NCT 127 had uploaded and it was taking almost everything in her not to scream. She had been scrolling through his most recent album on his website, looking at his new uploads. The pictures were mostly of the city instead of campus, people walking on the sidewalk, buildings, various animals in strange locations, but what had caught Na Ri's attention was a single photo that looked almost out of place with the rest of the collection. It was taken inside the restaurant she had been in the night before and featured herself and Taeyong, taken the moment she had been whispering in his ear. It looked intimate and most certainly like a date, which its was NOT. Na Ri felt her face grow red and she was practically shaking. She was going to kill whoever was NCT 127. People had finally stopped talking about the LAST photo of her and Taeyong and now this. She was practically bouncing in her seat waiting for the professor to shut up and let them leave.  

When class finally ended she ran out the door. Wendy was already waiting for her to walk over to the radio station, but before she could even get out a 'hey how was class' Na Ri had grabbed her hand and began dragging her away. "I'm going to kill him Wendy. He's dead. His life is OVER." 

"Whoa whoa whoa, what happened?!" Wendy asked barely keeping up with Na Ri's frantic pace. 

"I'll explain when we see Seulgi. This is officially a code red." Na Ri replied not even looking back.

Wendy raised her eyebrows at her but didn't say anything else, allowing Na Ri to pull her across campus. Yuta was walking across the quad to go to class when he saw them. He waved, intending to stop and talk to them for a minute, but Na Ri just gave him a quick wave and kept walking. Wendy mouthed a 'Sorry' and "We'll talk later' too him before Na Ri had pulled her away. Yuta looked after them confused since normally always stopped but the frantic text he received from Taeyong moments later gave him a pretty good idea of what was going on.

When they entered the radio station Jae was sitting at the front desk with his feet propped up and his head back like he was taking a nap. When Na Ri slammed the door open, Jae jumped and promptly fell out of his chair onto the ground. "Sorry Jae," Na Ri called breezing past him as he groaned on the floor and into the studio beyond. JYP was at the board as always and Seulgi was in the booth. "JYP I need to talk with Seugli its a code red." Na Ri said not even bothering with a hello or their usual strange greetings about vibes. JYP looked surprised but nodded motioning Seulgi to go to break before entering the booth. Seulgi looked confused as she listened to whatever JYP was telling her but handed him the headphones and left the recording booth. 

"What's going on?" Seulgi asked looking confused between the two girls. 

"THIS is what's going on!" Na Ri cried shoving the picture in the two girls faces and waving it around. "I'm going to kill him. NCT 127 is DEAD to me. When I find out who he is I'm going to kill him with my bear hands!" 

Seulgi and Wendy took the phone from Na Ri's hands so they could see what she was freaking out about. "Woah..." Seulgi said looking at the picture, "that looks....hot"

"It's the worst!! I was taking your advice and now look what's happened!" Na Ri yelled balling her fists against her temple.

Wendy's brow was furrowed as she looked at the picture and then in between Seulgi and Na Ri before looking back at the picture, "But this looks like...." Wendy trailed off quickly handing the phone over to Seulgi and pulling out her own phone. Going back to her texts from the night before Wendy's suspicions were confirmed and she quickly put her phone away so the two girls wouldn't see what she had just been looking at "So you have no idea who this is?" Wendy asked looking at the two girls, Seulgi was still studying the photo and Na Ri was busy pacing. 

"No! I wish I did so I could murder him!! I don't even care if I go to prison it will be worth it!" Na Ri yelled. "I don't understand why he's doing this to me! What does he have against me that he would post photos like this!"

"I don't know...you would think that if he's a student here he would know about how much you don't get a long with Taeyong." Seulgi shrugged giving the phone back to Na Ri. "I mean some of my professors have even asked about it before."

"Maybe it was an accident that he posted this. It doesn't look like any of the other pictures in the album." Wendy pointed out. 

"If it was an accident then why did he take it in the first place!" Na Ri asked throwing her hands in the air. "Ugh I want to DIE! Everyone's going to bother me now thinking I'm dating him! It wasn't a date!" 

"Oh yeah...I would love to see how Taeyong reacts to this photo." Wendy smiled crossing her arms. 

Na Ri groaned, "What am I going to do this is literally the worst thing that's ever happened."

"Ok a little dramatic there, but relatable. You just need to keep going on with your life. You can't let one photo stop you from acting normally." Seulgi pointed out. "People will forget about it eventually just like the last photo."

Na Ri flopped down on the couch and pouted, "What did I ever do to deserve this...I can't ever just have a moment of peace, Taeyong literally has to ruin my life every day."

Wendy rolled her eyes, sitting down next to Na Ri, "Everything's going to be fine. Why don't you go to the SKZ party tonight and allow yourself to let loose. I was going to let you wait till you felt up for it, but I think now would be as good a time as ever." Wendy suggested giving Na Ri a little nudge with her elbow. 

Seulgi raised her eyebrows, "You convinced Na Ri to go to a SKZ party? Wow....I'm impressed...and also a little terrified." 

"What can I say...I get things done." Wendy smirked. "So what do you say? Want to go with me tonight? Seulgi you're welcome to come too of course." 

Seulgi shook her head, "Oh no. I have a morning lab the next day, no way am I going to one of their parties tonight." 

Na Ri sighed leaning her head on Wendy's shoulder in defeat, "Yeah....I'll go...might as well drink my worries away and hope that when I wake up after passing out this will all have been a terrible dream" 

Wendy smiled giving Na Ri a hug. "That's the spirit! This is going to be so much fun!!" Wendy cheered while Na Ri groaned.

 

 

 

 

WendyorNot: I think we need to talk.....meet me at the coffee shop by Hillside Hall at 8 tomorrow morning


Dun dun dun!!!!!! So who do you think Wendy is meeting with? Who do you think NCT 127 is? I think I made it a little obvious, but I'm hoping it still comes as a surprise. Next chapter is a frat party and uhh...I have some ideas. Plus I'm excited that I get to bring my Stray Kids boys into the mix even if its just a supporting role. Thanks for reading!

Much Love,

Ashton