Cheer Up

Betting on Boredom

Somehow Na Ri was able to sneak away from her cousin and group of friends that afternoon. It probably had something to do with Johnny dragging Ten away as soon as they had finished lunch to go do what he claimed was "man stuff" ....whatever that meant. Na Ri wasn't about to question it, although Wendy had thought it was pretty hilarious. An hour later Seulgi got called in to fill in for a sick DJ at the radio station and Wendy left to go visit Woojin and Chan at the SKZ house, so a much more sober and clear headed Na Ri left the dorm and headed for the SR15B dance studio. 

She arrived at the studio right at 4, pausing outside the door wondering what on earth she was doing here and how on earth she had gotten herself into this situation. She had half a mind to turn around right then and walk away, but instead her hand grasped the door knob and pulled it open. Stepping into the somewhat familiar dance studio Na Ri saw that Taeyong was already there waiting for her. He hadn't noticed her yet, too engrossed in whatever he was looking at on his laptop to realize she had arrived. She took this moment to watch him, the urge to flee pulling at the back of her mind. He was dressed for practice in sweats and a t-shirt, and a backwards baseball cap kept his hair off his face. He was absentmindedly biting his bottom lip again and Na Ri couldn't help but think back to the kiss as she watched him. Her face began to heat up. In the time it took for her to study him, Taeyong had finally noticed her arrival. 

"Oh hey," He said standing up straighter and closing his laptop. "Thank you for coming...I know- I know you probably don't want to see me right now..."

Na Ri crossed her hands over her chest. "Well I'm here, what did you want to say?" She said not looking him in the eye. 

Taeyong took off his cap and ran a hand through his hair before putting it back on. "Well I just wanted to clear the air, so it ...wouldn't be awkward between us." 

Na Ri laughed, "I doubt that's going to be possible." She replied.

"Can't we at least try?" Taeyong pleaded and Na Ri was taken a back by how serious he looked. "I asked you here because I want to try and fix things. I don't want you to hate me, and I don't want you to avoid me because of this. I know you were drunk when you kissed me, and I can't say I was sober either, but I shouldn't have kissed you back...not under those circumstances. I want to apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for kissing you back and I'm sorry for whatever it is I've done to make you hate me. "

Na Ri was quiet for a moment, stunned into silence. She had expected that he would say something like this, but it still was a surprise to hear it. "Well I...It's not your fault. I shouldn't have kissed you in the first place" She said looking down at the floor. "I was so drunk and I... I don't know why I did that."

"Hey it's ok. I've done a lot of things when I was drunk that I regretted later . I've done a lot of things I don't even remember doing! Jaehyun once told me that my freshman year I was at a party and got so drunk I got on the kitchen table and sang the entire Lion King soundtrack from memory...and I have no memory of doing it!" Taeyong exclaimed giving Na Ri a rueful smile as she looked at him.

Na Ri tried to bite back her own smile as she pictured a younger drunk version of Taeyong doing what he had just described. "...was it a good rendition?" She asked looking back down at the floor.

"Absolutely terrible...my voice was not made for singing...and it doesn't help that I barely know the Lion King soundtrack." Taeyong admitted shrugging. "So does this mean we can move past this then? We don't have to talk about it again. I won't bring it up and I won't let it change anything between us." Taeyong asked, drawing Na Ri's eyes up from the floor and to him. He was biting his lip again. 

"I... Yeah... yeah we can move past this." Na Ri stumbled over her words a strange feeling in her chest.

Taeyong opened and closed his mouth as if he wanted to say something else. "Well..um" He coughed. "Thanks. For giving me another chance." He elaborated. 

Na Ri raised her eyebrows at him. "Shouldn't I be the one to say that? I mean I was the one who... changed things..." She said waving her hand.

The corner of Taeyong's mouth quirked, like he was trying to hold back a smile. "Well, maybe. But I think I should say it too. I know this bet we have is pretty stupid, but it's letting me have a second chance, so I'm thankful."

"Oh right, that..." Na Ri nodded. "Don't think that this means you've won the bet. One drunk kiss doesn't mean anything."

"Oh I'm well aware" Taeyong nodded this time actually smiling. He seemed to think for a moment before continuing. "You know I think we should probably set some more concrete rules on the bet anyway. How are we going to know when I win?" He pointed out. 

"Well you aren't going to win so I wouldn't worry about it," Na Ri rolled her eyes. 

"Mmm no. I want to be sure either way." Taeyong pressed.

Na Ri huffed. "Fine, what do you have in mind."

"Rules: if you kiss me sober like you did at the party then I win. If you say the words 'I love you' I win." Taeyong proposed simply

"That's it? What if you kiss me?" Na Ri pointed out frowning. 

Taeyong's face turned a lovely shade of pink at the thought. "Oh um... I guess that won't count towards me winning the bet. It has to be you kissing me." 

"Right..." Na Ri nodded trying hard not to picture that very scenario taking place. "So...uh... anyway I should probably get going. I know you need to get ready for practice. The competition is almost here and I know you probably want to nitpick even more. So I'll just...get going." 

"You don't have too if you don't want to. You could stay and watch." Taeyong suggested taking a step forward closer to her. "I know the guys would be really thrilled to see you again. Mark and Donghyuck keep asking if you'll be visiting again." 

"No, no I need to get back. Still a lot to do for school and all..." Na Ri replied now inching towards the door. "But um I'll see them at the competition, so just.....tell them all that I say hello and I'll catch practice next time." Na Ri winced inwardly, what was she doing saying next time? She was not planning on ever returning to this dance studio.

Taeyong tried to hide his disappointment. He didn't hide it well "Oh well, I understand. Next time then. ...I'll see you at the competition?"

"Yeah...see you then." Na Ri nodded giving him a small wave before turning and leaving the building. Stepping outside she took a deep breath the strange feeling in her chest still not leaving. She started the walk back to campus deep in her thoughts, completely missing Yuta and Jaehyun who were walking toward her. 

"Na Ri!" Yuta called out running up to her once he spotted her. "What's up!" 

Na Ri looked up surprised at the two boys. "Oh hi Yuta, Jaehyun" Na Ri greeted nodding towards the other boy. "I'm just heading back to campus."

"Back to campus?" Yuta asked furrowing his brow. "You're not coming to see us practice?"

"Oh no, not today, sorry." Na Ri shook her head.

"We're you just at the studio?" Jaehyun asked looking over her shoulder at where she had come from.  

Na Ri tried really hard to keep from blushing, but she had a feeling she wasn't very successful. "Um yes I was. I had to get something straightened out with Taeyong.....about the article!" She blurted that last part out as an after thought, trying to cover her tracks. Jaehyun just raised his eyebrows at her, but Yuta seemed to buy it.

"Well I guess we'll see you later then." Yuta shrugged. 

"Yep." Na Ri replied "Bye!" She said practically dashing past them to get back to campus and far away from Taeyong.

If the two boys thought she was acting extra odd they didn't say anything and just kept on their way. Na Ri arrived back at her dorm to find Wendy on her bed talking on her phone and Seulgi at her desk on her laptop. "Hey girls." She said drawing the attention of Seulgi. 

"Hey where have you been?" Seulgi asked going back to whatever she had been doing.

"Uh just running some errands." Na Ri responded sitting down on Seulgi's bed. "Who's she talking to?" Na Ri asked nodding towards Wendy.

Seulgi looked back over at the girl in question. "Her mom, they've been talking for like an hour." Seulgi responded before turning back to her laptop. 

Na Ri nodded laying back on her friends bed. Her hangover was mostly gone by now, every once in a while she felt like she might get sick, but it would pass after a few moments. She figured she would live. Closing her eyes she zoned out to the sounds of Wendy's quiet voice and Seulgi's typing.

"I talked with Taeyong today." Na Ri said suddenly. 

"You did WHAT!" Seulgi exclaimed turning from her laptop in shock "Today! Taeyong?!"

"Hey mom, I have to go there's drama afoot that I need to be part of, I'll talk to you more about this later ok?" Wendy said ending the call with her mom before sitting up in Na Ri's bed. "You talked to Taeyong?" She asked looking at Na Ri with raised eyebrows.

Na Ri sighed sitting up. "Yes I did. He asked to talk and promised to never mention it again if we could just talk about it this one time." 

"Well? Don't hold out on us tell us all the nitty gritty y details!" Wendy said scooting closer and resting her head in her hands. 

Na Ri gave her a look, but continued. "We decided to move past it and act like it didn't happen. We also put some more guidlines on the bet, and said that the kiss didn't count towards him winning."

"Ok...well...what are the new guidlines?" Seulgi asked. 

"That if I kiss him sober like I did yesterday that he wins. If I say the words 'I love you' then he wins. ....He did say that if he kissed me it wouldn't count towards him winning." Na Ri shared turning red and biting her lip. 

"Well that's that then." Wendy said sitting up straighter and crossing her arms. "You've got to get him to kiss you."

Na Ri blinked, "What" 

"You've got to get him so ually frustrated that he can't keep his hands off you." Wendy explained firmly.

Na Ri opened and closed a few times, images running quickly through her head. The blush on her cheeks only worsened. "That's....that's ridiculous why would I do that." She stuttered out. 

"Uh cause he's super y? Cause you kissed him and liked it? Cause you hate him and do you have any idea how HOT hate se-"

"Wendy do not finish that sentence." Na Ri stated closing her eyes, cursing her over active imagination.

"I'm with Wendy on this. We said you should make him wish he had won. I think this is the perfect plan to make that happen." Seulgi shared. 

"You guys are the worst." Na Ri grumbled falling back on Seulgi's bed.

"You might think that, but I know how to have fun, and I think you need to have some fun." Wendy shrugged. 

"The competition is only a few days away. Until that is over this conversation is being tabled. I cannot handle thinking about....this while also trying to write an article for the paper." Na Ri said looking up the ceiling.

"Whatever, ignore your y problems all you want. You'll have to face them someday." Wendy replied. Na Ri could tell she was probably rolling her eyes, but didn't bother to reply. She had as much talk about Taeyong as she could handle right now. 

The girls fell silent again and Seulgi returned to typing on her laptop. Na Ri closed her eyes again, deciding she wanted to take a nap. After a few minutes she hear Seulgi mutter under her breath "What the ? ......Uh guys?" She spoke up getting the attention of her two friends. 

Na Ri opened her eyes and sat up. "What's up?" She asked, the two girls looking confused at Seulgi who was busy starting at the screen. 

"Um....you're going to want to read this." Seulgi said handing her laptop over to Na Ri. Wendy moved closer so she could read over Na Ri's shoulder. 

uh oh looks like someone was getting a little naughty at the SKZ party last night. Angry Girl and Skinny Boy seen making out on the porch. How will Angry Girl handle this once she's sober? Will Skinny Boy ever find out why she's so angry with him? We'll just have to wait and see. XOXO Dream

"What.....what is this?" Na Ri asked, feeling like her brain was slowing down as she read the blog post. 

"It's a blog. I just found it, I saw some of my classmates tweeting about it and wanted to check it out, but I didn't think..." Seulgi trailed off.

"Someone saw...." Na Ri felt like she had stepped outside her body as she reread the words on the screen. 

"That's not the only post." Seulgi shared "Keep reading, Its been going on all semester."

Angry Girl and Skinny Boy all dressed up and meeting outside her dorm? Is a date about to be underway? Acting Genius sent in a very y looking photo of them meeting before their date. Thanks Acting Genius, XOXO Dream

Party Girl has landed! Our favorite y bombshell arrived back on campus and the fraternities are all a buzz. But the real question we're all asking ourselves is: When will Teddy Bear and Soundcloud Rapper finally make their move? I'll be here to keep you updated, XOXO Dream

Puppy Love is in the air! Who hasn't been a high schooler crushing on someone out of their league. Well seems like M is getting some experience with that. All of us here Dreamies are wishing him the best of luck with his crush. And we'll be here to soothe his inevitable heartache XOXO Dream

"y bombshell? Whoever this is I love them," Wendy muttered reading some of the posts. 

"Wendy!" Na Ri exclaimed looking over at her cousin in betrayal. 

"What! I'm just saying!" Wendy said putting her hands up in defense. "Geez let a girl get called a y bombshell in peace."

"Seulgi what is this?" Na Ri asked turning to her best friend. "Please tell me this is just a joke or something..." 

Seulgi gave her a sad smile, "Sorry....it's real. It's some gossip blog, but it seems to be super popular. A lot of the school is reading it."

Na Ri closed her eyes, tightening her fists trying to stay calm. "Why the hell is this happening to me. First the article, then NCT 127, and now some gossip blog?! I have a very serious vendetta against the universe right now."

NaReally: My hit list is growing

Tenoutof10:And?

Tenoutof10: What else is new

NaReally: Wow rude....

WendyorNot: You have to admit my dear that statement wasn't very shocking for those of us who know you

NaReally: I want new friends

DJPringle: Good luck with that lmao you're stuck with us.


Oh my it has been a minute since I posted an update. But I'm back! i've been cross posting my stories to my tumblr account and that hes breathed new life back into me to continue as well as new life into where this story is going. Very glad to be back and thank you to everyone who is reading!

Much Love,

Ashton