The Missing Heir

Find Your Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo hated hospitals as much as he hated the messiness and untidiness of Junmyeon’s desk. His memories of being in the hospital were never good. The first memory he had of this place was the day his father took his last breath. That was enough for him to dislike hospitals. The scent of the sterilised room made him nauseous.

 

Another memory of being in the hospital was when Sunmi had a high fever. Her mother had already left them by that stage so he had to leave Sunmi with his friend, Jongdae. He felt like a useless father that couldn’t take care of his own daughter properly. On that day, he swore to never let Jongdae go near Sunmi again.

 

So, yes. Kyungsoo absolutely hated the hospital.

 

Yet, the red-headed man that was sleeping soundly in front of him was enough to make Kyungsoo enter the hospital once more.

 

Yet the red-headed man that is sleeping soundly in front of him is enough to make Do Kyungsoo

step into hospital once again. Kyungsoo already hated him though.

 

A tight grip on his sleeve woke him up from his train of thought. Kyungsoo looked down and found his daughter looking at the stranger with worry written all over her face. Kyungsoo thanked God that he raised an angel in this evil world.

 

“Will he be okay, Papa?” she asked.

 

“Of course, baby. Uncle Yixing examined him earlier and said that he would be better soon.”

 

“Can we take him home, Papa?” Sunmi asked innocently and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile at her cuteness.

 

“He isn’t a pet, Sunmi,” Kyungsoo scolded. “Besides, we don’t even know him and who knows what harm he might do to you.”

 

“Ms. Jung said we should help poor people and he looks like a poor man, Papa,” Sunmif umed, her apple cheeks went red and she crossed her arms over her chest. Kyungsoo knew he’d already lost this game.

 

“Okay, sunshine. We will take care of him if he agrees.” Kyungsoo patted her head and a big smile plastered across her face. A mop of pink hair peeked out from the door, startling the two of them.

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” Kyungsoo yelled in surprise. “You want me to die young, don’t you?”

Baekhyun laughed and brought Sunmi into his arms. Being the good girl she was, she kissed his cheek and Baekhyun grinned.

 

“Why don’t we take you to school, Angel?” Baekhyun suggested. “Papa can take care of the patient here.”

 

“No, I want to stay with Papa.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter