As The Night Falls

Find Your Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a house in the upper side of Blacklorn where you could find a variety of entertainment. There was gambling, a game centre, and even a nightclub there. The house was painted in an olive green with big glass windows surrounding it. It was situated between the XO club and the EO game centre where the sound coming out was loud enough to wake the entire neighbourhood up.

 

When you peek out from the entrance, there was a big lawn with small fish ponds and lots of different types of flowers blooming. The sound of the water coming down the artificial waterfall would put you at ease instantly as if the music had magical powers that affected your nerves.

 

You find yourself in front of a portrait of a traditional Japanese house and it brings peace to your mind. Ordinary people would think that the owner of the house was a peaceful person like the house itself but only the Blacklorn people know who the owner is and they would never step into that house in a million years.

 

People always say that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover and yes, that’s the perfect phrase to describe Luhan, the owner of the house and the Leader of the Light-Swan gang.

 

Delicate, playful, and talkative are a few of the words people would describe Luhan at first but it all changes once you sit down with him and talk about anything involving money and power.

 

Sly, cunning, and cruel are the perfect words to describe the mastermind behind the annihilation of the Red-horse gang.

 

He doesn’t give you any mercy once you’re on his bad side. He always gets what he wants and he’d do anything to obtain it - including killing people with a second thought. His name is well known in the underworld as the youngest heir of the Light-swan gang as well as the cruelest gang leader that lives in Blacklorn.

 

Money and power are two things that he has on his mind. How to obtain as much money as possible and how to gain power to defeat any gang that’s in his way.

 

That’s Luhan, Park Chanyeol’s arch enemy.

 

=xoxo=

 

That evening, Luhan sat on his sofa with his head resting on Kris’ lap. He was flipping through the newspaper when Tao entered the living room. He smiled widely as he read the headline; yes, the success of his surprise attack on the Red-Horse headquarters was known through the neighbourhood and Chanyeol was nowhere to be found.

 

The mere thought of Chanyeol’s corpse being eaten alive by fish in some lake made him smile more than he’d ever smiled before.

 

One thing that this all confirmed was what Luhan told himself every single day: nobody stands in his way.

 

“Boss,” Tao said, kneeling in front of Luhan. Luhan smiled at him, waving his hand at his minion. “I’m back.”

 

“How was the hunt?”

 

“I– we failed. Park Chanyeol managed to run away” Tao’s voice trembled. “I am sorry.”

 

The room suddenly felt cold and only the sound of paper being crushed could be heard. Luhan inhaled sharply and Tao knew his doom before a word left Luhan’s mouth.

 

“Kris.”

 

“Yes, boss?”

 

“Chop his pinky finger off,” Luhan said calmly with a big smile plastered across his face.

 

Tao froze before glancing at Kris. Kris knew that Tao was begging for mercy just from the glint of his eyes.

 

“But–” Tao’s words died when he saw Luhan’s glare. It had the same murderous glint that was in his eyes whenever he killed someone.

 

“Do what I say, Kris, or there will consequences for you,” Luhan said as his slender finger caressed Kris’ jaw.

 

Kris nodded and walked over to Tao. Looking at his sworn brother sadly, he knelt in front of him. Luhan was amused by the whole situation and he couldn’t take his eyes of it. Kris took out a blade from his back pocket and grabbed Tao’s hand. Tao tried to resist but it was futile as Kris was much stronger than him.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter