Of Our First Kiss and An Empty Sheet

Find Your Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the elevator reached the 27th floor, Chanyeol ran as fast as his legs could. Taking the key out of his worn-out hoodie, his hand shook uncontrollably as he inserted the key into the lock. The door then opened after a minute which felt like a decade for Chanyeol, safely locking it before running to Kyungsoo’s bedroom.

He hid under the quilt as if building a fortress to shield him from upcoming attack. In a fetal position, he closed his eyes as his breath became shallow, chest rising up and down sought for oxygen. His head was hurt; feeling as if everything happened at his mansion was playing inside his head and his brain couldn’t control the replay button.

“Kyungsoo – Pop –“ said Chanyeol weakly, gripping onto the white sheet before he lost consciousness.

 

=xoxo=

 

A cold cloth on his forehead woke him up from his slumber. Opening his eyes slowly, Sunmi’s worried eyes met Chanyeol’s as she placed her little hand on Chanyeol’s cheek.

“Are you okay, Uncle? You are pale”

“I --- I am okay, Princess. Did I make you worried?” asked Chanyeol, touching her cheek. Sunmi nodded eagerly before laying her head on Chanyeol’s chest.

“Don’t do that again, Uncle” Sunmi said cutely. Chanyeol could imagine the pout forming on her face. The man patted her raven head as if keeping a promise he would like to fulfil.

“Where’s Uncle Baek?”

“He is outside, waiting for Papa coming home”

“Kyung – I meant your Papa comes home early?”

“Uncle Baek called him and told him about you. He promised to go home early” said Sunmi, her eyes meeting Chanyeol’s once again. Her eyes gave him a clear message, the sole purpose of Do Kyungsoo coming home early is entirely for Chanyeol.

“He is a nice Papa, isn’t he?” Chanyeol smiled, trying to distract himself from wishing the secret message to be a truth.

“He is nice to people he loved, Uncle” Sunmi smiled before dragging her body out of the bed and out of the room, leaving Chanyeol alone with his thoughts. Baekhyun came inside the room a minute later, patting Chanyeol’s head.

“How was your body, Yeol?” said Baekhyun, taking Chanyeol out of his trance of thoughts.

“Better than ever, thanks. Hey, I am sorry that you find me – yeah, you know”

“It is okay. Can I ask you something?” Chanyeol nodded. “Did you know Oh Sehun?”

“Oh – how did you know that name?” Chanyeol paled, hearing his cousin’s name already sent shivers down his spine.

“I knew it. He introduced himself as a new neighbour yesterday but his smile --- oh God, he gave me chills”

“I --- I should go now --- I will harm Kyungsoo and Sunmi if I stay here any longer” Chanyeol stood up from the bed, almost knocking Baekhyun down to the floor. However, his legs gave him up after several steps away from the bed, sending his on the floor. Baekhyun hurried to Chanyeol’s side, hugging the latter.

“We will protect you, Yeol. You will be okay”

“He --- he will kill Kyungsoo like he did to my family. Let me go, Baek. I have to go” Chanyeol insisted.

“No, you don’t. Kyungsoo will kill me if I let you go”

“He will kill himself if he stays near me, Baekhyun. Please … just let me go. I don’t want to harm anyone else again. Just let me die so ---“ A hard slap hit Chanyeol’s face before he finished his words. Baekhyun gripped his hoodie tightly, bringing Chanyeol’s face close to him.

“Don’t you dare die before you give Kyungsoo happiness! , why should be you that he likes!!” Baekhyun shouted.

“He – “

“Don’t act you don’t know anything. I know the moment you looked at Kyungsoo this morning and the way he let you touch him. Yeol, I will kill you first if you step out from this house!!” Baekhyun threatened before sending him a sharp blow to Chanyeol’s stomach and storming out of the bedroom. Chanyeol coughed, clutching his stomach. Baekhyun surely knew how to fight; his fist surely hurt for a small man like him. Chanyeol then heard a commotion outside the bedroom, Kyungsoo’s voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter