Welcome to Your New Home

Find Your Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days after Chanyeol was admitted into the hospital, Yixing gave the green light for Chanyeol to be discharged. Sunmi’s smile was brighter than Kyungsoo had ever seen it before.

 

After finishing all the discharge papers, Kyung brought Chanyeol and Sunmi to his home. She tugged on Chanyeol’s fresh shirt all the way until they reached the front door and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile at the sight of them.

 

Sitting in the backseat, Chanyeol’s eyes were focussed on the road. His features were getting better and better but there were still a few bruises and cuts on his face and arms.

 

On the way to their residence, Kyungsoo could hear Chanyeol sighing in the backseat. Looking in the rearview mirror, Kyungsoo could see Chanyeol’s blank face leaning against the car window.

 

Sunmi sung along with the Girl’s Generation song that was playing on the radio. Kyungsoo was deep in his thoughts, wondering what the true Chanyeol was like. Was he like the man sitting in the backseat, entertaining his daughter, or was he the true heir of the Red-Horse gang?

 

Thirty minutes later, they arrived at their home and Sunmi dragged Chanyeol inside before he could go back on his promise. After changing into some comfortable pyjamas, Kyungsoo went to the kitchen and prepared lunch for the three of them.

 

He peeked his head into the lounge room where they were sitting and he noticed that Chanyeol had already became Sunmi’s new plushie and there wasn’t one complaint from him. She sat comfortably on his lap while watching her favourite cartoon, Pororo.

 

“Sunmi, don’t sit on Chanyeol while he’s sick,” Kyungsoo said, crossing his arms.

 

Sunmi looked at Chanyeol was a frown and Chanyeol put on his best awkward smile. “I can’t?” She batted her eyelashes and gave him her best puppy eyes.

 

“It’s alright, little girl. I’m feeling better already,” Chanyeol said, earning a peck on his cheek from Sunmi. Kyungsoo sighed and massaged his forehead.

 

“Make sure you ask him for his permission next time, okay?”

 

“Yes, papa.”

 

“What do you want to eat for lunch, little angel?

 

“I’ll eat whatever Chanyeol eats,” she said as she looked into his eyes.

 

“Is it okay for me to choose?” Chanyeol asked, glancing at Kyungsoo with a worried expression. He didn’t want to overstep his boundaries.

 

“I suppose you can since that’s what my little angel wants,” Kyungsoo said. “I can make kimchi jigae if you would like.”

 

“Do you want to eat kimchi jigae, little girl?” Chanyeol asked and Sunmi nodded. “That settles it then.”

 

“Be a good girl while I’m cooking, okay?” Kyungsoo headed to the kitchen and began to assemble the ingredients for kimchi jigae. As Kyungsoo was searching for the frying pan under the sink, he didn’t realise Chanyeol had entered the kitchen.

 

“Do you need any help?” His deep voice startled Kyungsoo causing him to hit his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter