The Meeting

Find Your Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun shone brightly above Blacklorn and light peeked under the beige curtains inside Kyungsoo’s room. He was sleeping peacefully despite the clock showing that it was 07:30 in the morning.

 

Outside the bedroom, Chanyeol nervously looked at the clock on the wall. He remembered Kyungsoo telling him his routine the other night. The talk ended pretty late yesterday and even Chanyeol only had two hours of sleep. He didn’t know why but it felt like he was talking to a long-time friend when he was with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn’t mind that he was a chatterbox either.

 

Chanyeol was having a dilemma on whether he should wake up Kyungsoo or let him rest for the day. He scratched his neck a bit and finally decided to wake him up. He knocked on the door softly but there was no sound on the other side. Chanyeol frowned. It seemed like he had no choice other than to opened the door. He stepped inside Kyungsoo’s room and walked to the bed, finding Kyungsoo sound asleep.

 

Soft snores slipped out of his heart-shaped lips and his breathing was so peaceful that Chanyeol couldn’t find it in himself to wake him up. But he had to since he promised him that he would.

 

“Hey, wake up!” Chanyeol said but Kyungsoo didn’t move an inch. “Kyungsoo, wake up!” Chanyeol shook his shoulders and there wasn’t even a groan in response.

 

“Chanyeol,” a childish voice said from outside the room. Chanyeol turned around and found Sunmi rubbing her eyes. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m waking up your dad but he won’t get up.”

 

“I can wake him up if you want. Pa–”

 

“It’s alright, little angel. Let him sleep for a little bit longer,” Chanyeol said before lifting the girl up into his arms. “How about we make him some breakfast? I think he’ll like that.”

 

“Sure! Let’s go, Chanyeol,” Sunmi said before kissing Chanyeol on his cheek. He smiled widely as he closed the door and headed to the kitchen with Sunmi in his arms.

 

=xoxo=

 

Hearing the ruckus outside his room, Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep. Rubbing his sleepy eyes, he grabbed his phone off his table. His eyes turned into the size of saucers when he realised that it was 9:00 in the morning.

 

“!” he cursed before jumping out of his bed. As he went to the bathroom, he passed the kitchen and found Chanyeol behind the stove and Sunmi preparing cutlery and plates for three people.

 

“Park Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo’s menacing sound rang through Chanyeol’s ears, causing him to knock his head on the kitchen shelf. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

 

“Uh… I…”

 

“Papa!” Sunmi greeted Kyungsoo with a hug and he lifted her up. “Don’t be angry at him! We’ve been preparing breakfast for a long time so we didn’t realise it was so late. Will you forgive us?” Sunmi begged, batting her eyelashes cutely at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo sighed. No one would ever win against his little girl - not even himself.

 

“Okay, I’m not angry but why aren’t you at school?” he asked.

 

“Class doesn’t start until 12:00 today so I’m free until then.”

 

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. I tried waking you up earlier but you didn’t budge so I thought I’d let you sleep a bit more,” Chanyeol said weakly with his head hanging low like a puppy seeking an apology. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile at the adorable man standing across from him.

 

“It’s alright. I can just call the office later.”

 

“Let’s eat breakfast then!” Sunmi said cheerfully.

 

“Let’s eat!” the three of them said in unison before inhaling their breakfast. Kyungsoo had to admit that the breakfast was delicious. It was far better than anything he’d made before.

 

“You could open a restaurant if you cook like this, Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo complimented. “You would make a good chef.”

 

“My sister opened a restaurant and I used to help her in the kitchen. I guess that’s where I got my skills from.”  

 

“Chanyeol, you’re so smart. I’m happy to have you here.”

 

“Thank you, little girl,” Chanyeol smiled as Sunmi hugged his arm. Kyungsoo felt his irritation fade away as he watched their smiling faces.

 

=xoxo=

“Chanyeol, let’s put ointment on your wounds,” Sunmi said as she brought the first-aid kit onto Chanyeol’s lap. He sighed, completely forgetting the promise they made at the hospital. Nodding his head, Chanyeol let the little girl have her way with him.

 

Carefully, she put the ointment onto his wounds. She knitted her brows in concentration and Chanyeol chuckled at her face. She smiled in contentment after finished the job.

 

“Why, thank you Doc. You did a great job today!” Chanyeol teased, making the little girl giggle.

 

“I only did what I promised to do,” she replied. “By the way, where Papa?”

 

“He’s in his room so he’s probably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter