The Planning

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria had been really stressed lately, between planning the wedding and leading the 'promise' contract she had a lot to do.

 


Of course Mrs. Jung was helping, she had been going to her office all these days so the Chinese didn't have to go out of her place of work to plan the party. She didn't ask for a 'celebration' but in Julia's words: "people will know you're getting married, so planning a reception is important, they won't suspect this is arranged".

 


Yes, Mrs. Jung had been helpful but every time she arrived at her office, she was carrying such big photo books, floral arrangements and other things that made them look suspicious. Everyone wondered what was going on. Sometimes she thought "what did I get myself into".

 


Jessica of course found that hilarious.

 


Krystal wasn't helping either, the younger had been excusing herself, saying she had a lot to catch up at school and giving her excuses. The Jungs had insisted on them going out on dates the days they had left but Victoria was really busy and the only occasion they had brunch together she payed more attention to her phone, upsetting her fiancée.

 


Krystal wanted to get back their friendship so things would be less awkward but with the latter blocking her well, it wasn't easy.

 


Amber opened the door to the Chinese's office. "Excuse me, Director Song". Victoria rolled her eyes at her friend, Amber was part of her team of work to be exact: the section chief. "Just kidding Vic, the reports are done. Check them out and tell me if there's something wrong. And the meeting with both teams will be in fifteen minutes". Victoria nodded, taking the papers.

 


The brunette read in a record time. There were still some errors and that upset her. She had been repeating the things she didn't want the teams to do but yet here they were, printed in the reports. Guess she had to scold some people at the reunion.

 


She massaged her temples, sighing. The door opened, reveling Amber again. "Sorry Vic, but Jessica's mom just arrived". The Chinese leaned in her chair. "Let her in". She just wanted to end this now. Planning things, getting married. So she could focus on her work once and for all. "Hey, do you mind me asking why's she been here all week?".

 


"Long story Am". The tomboy arched her eyebrows, Victoria was acting weird since last week and she was sure the Chinese was hiding something. "O-kay, don't take long, we'll be preparing in the conference room".

 


Once Amber was out of the door, Mrs. Jung entered, smiling as always with a small box in her hands. "Hello dear, how's your day going?". Victoria returned the smile, hiding her tiredness. "It's going good so far". Julia sat in the chair in front of the desk. "Well. I'm sure you'll be happy to hear this. All the arrangements have been done, everything is ready. The only thing left is sending the invitations but don't worry about that, Krystal and I will do it ourselves". Julia knew her very well. She was really happy everything was done.

 


Honestly, she didn't know how many guests would go. She hoped less that fifty.

 


Mrs. Jung opened the box she was carrying, taking out a small envelope. "Here, this one is for you. Check it out". Victoria received the invitation. "Have you thought about my suggestion?". Victoria nodded. "I got it already, do you want to see it?".

 


"Oh no darling! It's a surprise for Soojung. I'm sure it's beautiful. I better get going and let you be. I just dropped by to give you this".

 


Julia got up, taking her purse and the box. "See you on Sunday!". The woman exited the office.

 


Victoria opened the drawer at her right, taking out a small black box. She stared at it for a few seconds before unfolding it. A silver ring with a diamond on top was revealed.

 


Mrs. Jung had suggested for her to give Krystal a ring, Victoria wanted to apologize to the younger for her lack of interest on their friendship and Julia figured out Krystal would like a it plus, the situation the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter