The Theme Park

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you can handle them alone?”. Victoria asked aunt Eugene, who seemed to struggle a bit with Krystal’s cousins. “We wouldn’t mind helping”. 

 

 

“Yes we do! Now come on!!”. The heiress replied, trying to pull her wife by the arm. “Why are you so strong dammit!”. Victoria rolled her eyes, giving Krystal a stern look. The younger sighed, a pout appearing on her face as she crossed her arms, looking away. “Don’t worry girls, I have them controlled. Besides, your mother said she’d be here in half an hour so I won’t be alone”. Eugene smiled. “Just go enjoy your date”. 

 

 

A light blush appeared on the couple’s faces, looking at each other before turning to the woman. The Chinese cleared , chuckling slightly. “Okay, I guess we’ll see you later”. 

 

 

“Yes, yes now let’s go!”. Krystal took Victoria’s hand, tugging her away successfully this time. Victoria rolled her eyes once again, a small smile appearing on her face as she let herself being dragged by the younger. “Why are you so eager to get away?”. 

 

 

“Because I haven’t been to a theme park in God knows how long”. Krystal replied. “And I also thought you could use some distraction you know? Happy time”. The heiress swung their arms softly, causing the ghost of a smile in Victoria’s face. “That’s considerate of you”. The Chinese said, a frown on her face when she realized they were heading nowhere. “Soojung?”.

 

 

“Hmm?”

 

 

“Where are we going?”. 

 

 

Krystal walked slower. “I- I didn’t think about that”. The older smirked at her wife. “Well, there are plenty of places to begin with”. The heiress looked around, an idea popping in her head. “Why don’t we go to the haunted house first? It should be fun!”. Victoria raised an eyebrow at her wife, smiling. “What?”. Krystal asked. 

 

 

“Are you sure you want to go to the haunted house?”. Victoria said, as if making sure she got the right words from Krystal’s mouth. “Yeah, that’s what I said”. Victoria threw her head  back, giggling loudly. “What?!”. The heiress asked for the second time, stopping in her tracks. “It’s nothing, I just remembered the last time I went to a haunted house with you”. 

 

 

“You still remember?”. Krystal asked, stammering. “It was a log time ago”. 

 

 

“How could I forget? You were so scared you slept in Jessica’s room for a week”. Victoria smiled at the memory, it was funny remembering how Krystal insisted on going with them to the fair way back in time. 

 

 

Jessica didn’t want to bring her, but Mrs. Jung had insisted. When they arrived Krystal was immediately attracted to the haunted house, asking them to go every five minutes. They tried to reason with the heiress, explaining she was too young to enter, but she didn’t listen, leaving the olders with no option but going in. Krystal didn’t stop bragging about how she was not easily frightened, proving otherwise when she spent most of the time hiding behind Victoria or holding her hand aside screaming for the smallest thing. 

 

 

“Look at you now! All grown up asking to go again. I’m so proud”. Victoria teased the younger. “YAH!”. Krystal narrowed her eyes. “You’re supposed to be married to me so stop talking like my mother!”. 

 

 

“Fine, fine! We’ll do as you want. But don’t say I didn’t warn you”. Victoria turned around and started walking towards the ticket parlor, the younger had no time to register her words until a few seconds later she noticed her wife long gone, snapping out of her thoughts and trailing fast behind her. 

 

 

The man behind the counter looked up, smiling as they approached. “Good afternoon ladies, two tickets?”. The Chinese returned the gesture, reaching inside her coat for her wallet. “Yes please”.

 

 

“Wait, I’ll pay”. Krystal snapped, reaching for money too. “I want to treat my lovely wife today”. The heiress teased as Victoria rolled her eyes for the nth time, making room for the younger to pay. She’d let it slide this time. 

 

 

The man opened his mouth in an ‘o’ motion. “So you’re a couple?”. He quickly cleared his throat. “My bad, it sounded inappropriate. You should’ve said so sooner! We currently have a promotion for couples. Two tickets at the price of one”. Krystal shrugged and offered the money. “Here you go Miss. I must say we change the house theme every month so you’re from the first ones to enter the brand new house. Enjoy!”. 

 

 

The couple entered the place, opening the red curtain in front of them and stepping in. The room was covered in darkness except for a lamp above them, illuminating the small space they were standing in. Suddenly, a man dressed as ringmaster stepped in, startling both of them. “Welcome my friends, and step right up to the ride of your lives. There are wonders beyond this door waiting for you to test you. Will you let them scare you or make it safely to the end?”. The man stepped aside, handing them a flashlight before opening the door for them and closing it the second they were in. 

 

 

Krystal swallowed as she closed the distance between Victoria and her, now she wasn’t sure this was a good idea. “He really got in his character don’t you think?”. Victoria broke the silence, turning on the small light. Krystal held the Chinese’s hand when they looked around. “So is this like a circus?”. 

 

 

“More like the behind the scenes of it”. Victoria replied. “So ... Miss ‘let’s go to the haunted house’ will you keep hiding behind me or actually do something?”. The older joked, earning a slap from the younger. She was about to complain when a noise startled them, directing the light towards that direction. “Let’s do this quickly”. Krystal said, turning to walk forward when a clown screamed at her side, scaring them. “AHH!” The heiress reacted quickly, punching the clown on the face before realizing what she just did. “Sorry!”. 

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

“Well that was ... interesting”. Victoria said as they exited the place. Krystal had punched clowns and ghosts at least three more times before Victoria told her to get behind her, she was way more worried for the staff than Krystal. 

 

 

“You can’t say I got easily scared. You were the same. I was trying to protect us”. The heiress said in her defense, lifting her free hand in the air. Not even once they had let go of their grip. At least I got to hold her hand. The younger thought to herself. “This will definitely be one of my favorite memories”. The Chinese said without much thinking, not aware of the butterflies Krystal was feeling in her stomach. “Where to now?”. 

 

 

“Let’s go to the shooting game, it’s seems fun”. The younger suggested. “Okay, only if you win something for me”. Victoria said, winking at the heiress before letting out a laugh. Krystal’s heart was going to explode. Victoria had no idea what she was doing to Krystal. 

 

 

They walked to the game, the young woman in charge explaining they had only three shoots to hit the  stacked bottles in front. Krystal took the plasti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter