The Family Gathering

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As days passed, Krystal was able to control her feelings for the older woman along with her antics. She acted cool in front of her, successfully fooling Victoria (and herself, or at least she tried) although her thoughts drifted to her way more than before.

 


Sulli noticed this slight change on her best friend's attitude but decided to keep shut until Krystal was ready to talk. Krystal didn't want to feel that way anymore. Even if she tried to get it together, she got distracted by thinking about the day she was so close to Victoria she could practically feel her breathing. Gods, she had been so close that she had been tempted by Victoria's cherry lips and almost ruined everything. She didn't of course, but the sole thought of it brought a pink color to her cheeks.

 


She had never felt like this before, and it hurt her inside to think it was one sided love.

 


Wait ...

 


Could it be love?.

 


Krystal shook her head at the thought, she was certain she liked Victoria. She liked her. Just that.

 


The younger tapped faster in her laptop. Maybe she was just being immature because it was the first time someone wasn't begging for her to notice them, or go out with her, or share her feelings. Maybe that's why she was feeling so strange about it.

 


The ringing of her phone distracted her from work. Krystal looked at the screen and touched the green button. "Yah! I'm working what do you want?". She could practically see Sulli rolling her eyes on the other line. "I'm fine, thanks for asking!". Her best friend replied. "Quit what you're doing, it's time to go shopping!!".

 


"Shopping? Why?".

 


"Seriously Jung Soojung, where is your head? It's your father's birthday and your mom organized a party like every year". Krystal leaned in her seat, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Right. The party. I can't go shopping Ssul, I've got work to do".

 


"Yeah sure, says the girl who months before wouldn't even attend college. Of course you've got work to do, and you'll do it, after we've gone shopping".

 


"You're not letting me alone, are you?".

 


"Nope. Besides, I'm tired of waiting for to open up about the person you've been thinking about. AND yes, you're too obvious. Or maybe not, but you're my best friend so I noticed. So who is it? Should I tell Victoria to watch her back?". The taller joked. Krystal sighed, there was no point in hiding it anymore. "That's the problem Ssul, she's the one I've been thinking of". The heiress took a deep breath. "I like Victoria".

 

 

"Oh. Well, that certainly changes ... things". Sulli said. "Yes, it does". Silence fell over the line for a few seconds. "Hey, you can tell me about it in our way to the mall". Sulli tried to cheer her up, successfully  making a smile appear in her face. "Fine, where are you?".

 


"I'm already in front of your office, come down".

 

___________________________________ 

 


Victoria sat in the living room checking the last details for the next contract proposal. The Chinese decided to take the day off, not wanting to deal with anyone but herself, although she still was working. In fact, she shouldn't be calling it 'a day off'. Really. Maybe everyone's words about her being a workaholic were true after all.

 


The Chinese leaned backwards, closing her eyes for a moment. She was so much better after that horrible cold. Krystal's soup actually worked. Victoria side smiled, she had forgotten how nice it was to have someone to take care of her. A few weeks before the younger seemed to evade her, or at least that's what she thought, but they were doing well now. They had gone back to their routine were they'd go dining together and discover new restaurants. Coming home, even if they were working but not talking at all, it felt good to have the younger's company.

 


The day Krystal took care of her brought back memories where the heiress was younger. Victoria wasn't feeling well after school and Krystal gave her a candy hoping she'd feel better. It warmed her heart just thinking about it. She was having so much fun, marrying the younger now didn't seem as crazy as before.

 


Victoria chuckled to herself, glancing at the clock in the wall. 11:30 pm. Usually the heiress would be home by now. The Chinese frowned, she had been too focused working to notice the time. Victoria took her phone and started writing a message when the front door swung open. Krystal entered, carrying two shopping bags in one hand and a small box in the other. "Hey". The heiress smiled. "Hi. Need some help?".

 


"Nah, I've got it". The younger closed the door behind her, leaving the bags in the kitchen counter. "I thought you'd like dessert so I bought chocolate cake for you". Krystal smiled, giving the small box to the Chinese. "Wow thank you. I could use something sweet".

 


The younger sat beside her wife, watching her take the first bite. "Busy day?". Victoria asked, chewing the delicious dessert. "Not much, Sulli dragged me out shopping". Krystal chuckled. "Did you arrive early?".

 


"Actually, I didn't leave the apartment today. I decided to work here".

 


"I wish I could do that, but dad would think I'm not committing enough". The heiress ran a hand through her hair. "Are you ready for the party?". Victoria finally turned to look at her, the eye contact making Krystal a little nervous. "Kind of, Jessica messaged me what to pack". The younger almost forgot it was her wife's first Jung gathering. "You'll have fun. I promise. Thanks for coming with me by the way".

 


"That's what wives do isn't it? We don't want your family to think we're mad at each other". Victoria joked. "Jessica invited me a few times but I didn't have the time. I want to make that up too". The Chinese took another spoonful of cake. "Is there anything I should know?".

 


Krystal thought for a second. "Aside the fact that most of my relatives will be all over you since they don't know you that well, I think not. Our family gatherings aren't that wild". The younger shrugged. "So I'll be getting a lot of questions?". Victoria raised an eyebrow.

 


"Most of them didn't get to know you that well at our wedding so yeah. But don't worry, if they turn to be overwhelming I'll talk to them, I don't want my own family to scare my girl away". Krystal laughed but started blushing once she realized what she just said. "I-I mean, it's not like they will. We can't divorce yet". She chuckled nervously. "Uhhh ... I think I'll go to sleep. I'm really tired". Victoria nodded, a ghost of a smile appearing in her face just as Krystal stood up and walked in a hurry to her room. "Good night Soojung!. And thanks for the dessert!".

 


___________________________________

 


The ride to the Jung estate was mostly quiet, with Victoria sending some work emails and Krystal's eyes on the road there was not much saying. "There". The Chinese said spoke. "That was the last one, sorry about that".

 


"Don't worry, just promise this afternoon will be work free". Krystal side eyed her wife. "I just sent some emails, that wasn't so bad". Victoria smiled, resting her elbow on the window. "I think it's you who should promise that. Your father surely will ask about work".

 


"Let's make a deal then!. Neither of us will talk about work stuff for the rest of the day". Krystal grinned, raising her eyebrows. "Deal". The older replied. "You know? I've never been to your summer home. Jessica talked about it all the time back at school but I never had the opportunity to go".

 


"Meh, it's not that impressive. It's just big enough for most of the family to stay. It has a pool and a big backyard".

 


"Well, aren't your descriptions a little bit plain?". Victoria laughed. "You'll see it soon anyway. I'm just giving a general view". The younger replied just before they reached the gate. Victoria's eyes widened, the house was definitely beautiful. Even from their distance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter