The News

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria knocked on the door in front of her apartment, a couple of seconds passed before she was greeted by her neighbor, Mrs. Choi.

 


"Dear! I'm glad you made it, come in come in!". The woman said, Mrs. Choi was Victoria's first friend when she arrived to Korea, she was like a second mother to her. The brunette left China so young, but luckily, Mrs. Choi was there for her all along.

 


"Yes, thank you". The younger smiled. Victoria took off her shoes and entered the familiar place. The table was set and it seemed that only the old woman was having dinner.

 


"Were you alone? I should've came sooner". Apologized the brunette.

 


"Oh, no need dear. Minho will arrive soon".

 


"I haven't seen him in a while, how's he doing?". Asked Victoria, sitting in the dining table. Mrs. Choi served her a bowl of porridge and sat with her, continuing her dinner.

 


"He's doing just fine. The poor boy was assigned to a hard project so he's been leaving early".

 


"Ohh, I guess that's why he isn't around that much".

 


"How was work today?". Asked the older woman. Victoria told her everything, the meeting with the clients went pretty good and they signed the contract, making it official. Now the company would have to start working as soon as possible with the 'promise' account.

 


"That sounds amazing darling!".

 


"Yeah. It is". Victoria's answer was a little cold, something that didn't go unnoticed by Mrs. Choi.

 


"There is something bothering you, isn't it?". Asked the older woman.

 


"Well ... I think I agreed to do something really stupid".

 


"Mhm?".

 


"I'm getting married". Mrs. Choi's eyes almost fell from her face, married?. She knew Victoria from a long time, she would tell her anything. This was so sudden.

 


"Married?".

 


"Well, it isn't something official yet, my best friend's dongsaeng needs help and she asked me for a favor".

 


"A favor!?".

 


"In brief: she's a player, spolied brat who stopped attending college. Her parents went insane since she's the heir of their company and put her a condition. She has to get married for a year to someone they approve and show a change in her attitude, if she does then they'll let her be, she's basically grounded".

 


The old woman was processing everything the younger said, what kind of parents would do that? Some very desperate she thought.

 


"Well ... she doesn't sound very promising ..."

 


"I'm not finished yet". Victoria scratch her head, apologetic. "Please, go on".

 


"My best friend Jessica told me everything this morning and asked me to marry her sister. I mean, I refused at first but she told me some things that made me change my mind, she said this could help me to forget the past". She finished, eating some porridge.

 


"Wow, this is all so unlike you". The woman leaned in her chair, sighing.

 


"Now that I think about it, what was I thinking when I agreed? Her sister is six years younger and we haven't seen each other since forever!".

 


"Vic-"

 


"I don't know if this will work ..."

 


"Victo-"

 


"Also, this doesn't happen every day. And sounds crazy once I say it out loud".

 


"VICTORIA!".

 


Her name being shouted caught her attention, shutting herself. Mrs. Choi laughed at her reaction, she indeed was like a daughter to her.

 


"As hard as I find it to believe, I don't think you made the wrong decision". Victoria sat there, listening carefully.

 


"Jessica has a point, ever since that accident you've been really lonely and pretend you aren't. This could help you to move on. And don't you dare to say you already did! because we both know you didn't". The older pointed out.

 


"..."

 


"It might be fake, maybe you'r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter