Doojoon Confesses

Unforgettable

 

I slowly approached the busy restaurant as I yanked open the glass door, swiftly. Just about a dozen people were crowded around the hostess podium and the front seating, waiting for a table. I made my way past all the people to the crowded podium, "I'm suppose to meet my friends here," I told the hostess, "Lee Kikwang and Yong Junhyung." 
 
The waitress checked her list and nodded, grabbing a menu, "Follow me," she softly said, walking me to a table where Junhyung and Kikwang sat, chatting. They sipped their drinks happily and noticed my presence. I shot them a smile along with a small wave.
 
"Hi," I hoarsely whispered.
 
"Ah, Yoseob, glad you could make it," Kikwang greeted while Junhyung sincerely nodded and continued to drink his almost-empty cup of Coke. 
 
I took a seat next to Kikwang and scanned the menu, even though I was in no mood to eat. 
 
It's been a week since I met Doojoon at the park and since then, I didn't eat  nor did I get much sleep. I was completely down in the dumps with no motivation to cheer up whatsoever. My face was dull and my hair was all tangled in a mess.
 
"So Yoseob, how've you been?" Junhyung asked looking over wearily at me. 
 
"Fine," I bluntly lied, not taking my eyes off the menu.
 
A tall waitress came over our table to re-fill Junhyung's Coke. He thanked her with a grin and began slurping down his cup. 
 
"Sir, would you like anything to drink?" she simply asked, blinking at me.
 
"Water," I plainly requested and she nodded, leaving.
 
 
A long and silent 10 minutes passed as all three of us were wordlessly sipping our drinks down while we patiently waited for our food to come. Kikwang tried a couple times to bring up a subject, but me being the cranky and boring person I've been the past 2 months, would always kill a conversation.  
 
"D-Doojoon?" Junhyung spoke, breaking the silence. Kikwang and I both looked at eachother, dumbfounded, confusion on both our faces. "It's Doojoon," Junhyung pointed out once again, gesturing behind us; we both promptly turned our heads. 
 
It was Doojoon
 
He wore a nice, black suit along with a couple roses in his hands. He came upon the hotess' podium who then lead him to a small decorated table for two about 5 tables down from ours. He sat down, alone, constantly checking his watch and proceeded to look over the menu. 
 
He was meeting Hana tonight?
 
Kikwang wrinkled his eyebrows, as Junhyung continued to stare, questioningly. "I wonder who he's meeting," Junhyung stated. Kikwang nodded, agreeing. 
 
"Yeah, me too," I lied, my eyes still fixed on Doojoon who was now playing with a rose. 
 
A good five minutes passed as our food arrived and Kikwang viciously devoured his lobster while Junhyung calmly ate his soup, gawking at Kikwang. I pecked my pasta with my fork taking a couple bites now and then. It was delicious, but I had lost my appetite the second Doojoon stepped in the door, question was, where was Hana? It's not like her to be late, she was always sharp with time. It was one of the things she valued the most. 
 
I heard the accelerated sound of clicking heels and immediately turned to see the sight of a rushing Hana run past the tables as fast as her legs could take her. She skidded to a stop where Doojoon was. He stood up with a relieved smile, and caught her before she could slip. She was breathing heavily, trying to catch her breath, clearly exhausted from all that running. 
 
She wore a simple white, floral print sleeveless dress which reached her knees along with a small sweater. On her feet were black heels and her hair was in perfect curls with a small lily pinned on her bangs. She looked absolutely gorgeous. 
 
"'I'm so sorry I'm late, the salon took forever to do my hair," I heard Hana apologize. 
 
She never went to the salon for any of our dates. 
 
"It's okay, really. Here, I got these for you," Doojoon sweetly replied, handing her the roses. Hana's face enlightened as she took the roses. "Thank you Doojoon, you're so kind." 
 
I felt Kikwang nudge me, "Hyung, isn't that Hana?" 
 
I nodded, and my shoulders slumped. 
 
"Then wha-" 
 
"I told him he could," I admitted and Junhyung irritably dropped his fork. 
 
"Why would you do that? You know you still love her," Junhyung stated and my face flushed a bright red. "Is it that obvious?" 
 
Kikwang immediately dropped his fork, "YES! IT'S COMPLETELY OBVIOUS HYUNG! EVER SINCE YOU GUYS BROKE UP, YOU'VE BEEN SO GLOOMY! AND THAT DAY AT THE CAFE; YOU WOULDN'T STOP STARING AT HER!" 
 
"Shh, Kikwang, you'll create a scene," Junhyung warned, pointing out the few people who stared at us like we were crazy. 
 
Kikwang scoffed. "I'm just saying," Kikwang spoke in  quieter tone, "We all know you miss Hana, just look at you. You can't keep your eyes off of her. Why would you go tell Doojoon to date her, you know you'll be upset." 
 
"I... I don't know," I honestly answered and sighed in defeat looking back to see Hana and Doojoon happily laughing along. 
 
That use to be us...
 
"Look-" Junhyung got interrupted by the entire restaurant getting quiet and everyone was faced Doojoon and Hana. I gulped as I knew what was going to happen...
 
A waiter brought out a huge, fancy cake and Doojoon stood up, taking Hana's small, delicate hands, pulling her up. 
 
"Song Hana... ever since the first day I've laid eyes on you, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Then, as time went by, I found out that... you're personality is just as beautiful. You never fail to make me smile as well as my heart elate. I've never met a girl like you before... only in my dreams. You're absolutely gorgeous, you're such a sweet girl, you're smart, funny, and very cute.You have no idea what a smile from you could do to me. That's why I'm here to ask you... Hana, would you... be my girlfriend?" Doojoon confessed with a hopeful look plastered on his innocent face.
 
Say no... please say no. Please... Hana say no. 
 
I closed my eyes and prayed she's say no and that her heart's still waiting for me, prayed that some miracle would occur and I'd get a second shot. Another chance at love, another chance to be with Hana. I realized now that it doesn't matter if I appear weak, my heart longed for Hana. I'd give up anything for her. Regret flowed throughout my body , it was eating me up inside. My heart grew numb as the jealous knot in my stomach disappeared, leaving a worried knot that was growing fast.
 
Say no... 
 
She stood there, pursing her lips as she stared into Doojoon's eyes carefully. Her lips parted as she gave him an answer. To my dismay, her answer finalized it all. My heart shattered as the word escaped her lip, just one simple word said it all... 
 
"Yes."  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Author's Note: 
 
Okay sorry for not updating yesterday. Here's a chapter for ya. 
Hope you enjoyed it~