Tired

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the Hospital - No one’s POV

“When is she going to wake up?” a worried Areum asked the doctor.

“She should be up soon… however, her heart is really weak. The machines attached to her is helping her breath at the moment. However, the machine could only do so much, eventually her heart will fail” the Doctor sadly said. He bowed and left.

Areum stared at a lifeless Yeonhwa attached to many wires. Areum slowly walked up to Yeonhwa and held onto her left hand.

“Yahh Yeonhwa-ah! You have to stay strong. You have a beautiful daughter waiting for you! Don’t do this to her! She needs you!” Areum started crying. “Don’t leave me Yeonhwa-ah! Who am I going to gossip with. Who am I going to go to when the bakery needs help!”

“Why are you crying babo” Yeonhwa weakly said while her eyes still closed.

“YEONHWA-AH!”

“Yah, why are you so loud?” Yeonhwa stated as she fluttered her eyes open. She looked like a corpse. As if all life was taken from her. “Where’s my daughter? Is she okay? I want to see her” Yeonhwa tried to get up but Areum stopped her.

“Stop, you should rest first… your daughter is beautiful and healthy and looks like you except for her nose. She has...ummmm… Sunghoon’s nose”

“Areum… we both know…. That I don’t have much time…. Please…. Let me at least hold my daughter before I go” Yeonhwa said gasping for air.

“I’ll see what I can do… right now, get some rest”

“I’ll have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter