Surprise

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one’s POV

Sunghoon just watched Yeonhwa walk away and leave.

“So you have been seeing Yeonhwa all along…” Sunghoon’s mom said as she was coming out of her hiding place. “Son out of all the eligible women out there you chose an illegitimate adopted rich wannabe!”

“MOM! Stop! That girl’s name is Lee Yeonhwa and I love her!”

All of a sudden Sooyoung slaps Sunghoon across the face. She was gonna go for another slap but Sunghoon catches her wrist.

“Mom, I love her!”

“Love her? You better end this little fling with her! You are getting married to the legitimate and blood related Lee Miyoung! Think about your company, if you marry Miyoung and Lee Byunghee becomes president, your company will be the most powerful corporation not only in Korea, but in Asia!”

“Mom, this is not a fling! I love Yeonhwa and I’m going to marry her!” Sunghoon rebuked.

“OVER MY DEAD BODY! Your father has worked hard for this company and trusted you with it! He can easily take it back! WE WILL DISOWN YOU SUNGHOON IF CONTINUE WITH THIS BEHAVIOUR!” Sooyoung threatened. Both her fists clenched in frustration.

“THEN DISOWN ME! I DON’T CARE IF I GO PENNILESS, AS LONG AS I’M WITH YEONHWA!” Sunghoon started to get really irritated at his mom.

“What has become of you! Your dad is getting sick and not getting better and you choose her over your own father!”

“Mom, I don’t want to choose between you and dad to Yeonhwa. I want you to accept my love for her and call off this engagement!”

“Well I’m giving you the choice, your dying father and I or Yeonhwa?”

Yeonhwa’s POV

When I got home I immediately went into mine and Sunghoon’s room and cried my eyes out. All of a sudden my chest started to constrict again and I had trouble breathing. I quickly ran to my bathroom and swallowed a pill to ease the pain from my heart defect.

I was so drained from today’s activities. I took a warm shower and changed into my PJs. Why hasn’t Sunghoon oppa come home yet. Yeonhwa remember your mad at him, so you shouldn’t care!

I jumped into bed and fell asleep to Sunghoon’s scent in the bed sheets.

The Next Morning

I woke up to the sun glares entering my room. I felt for the other side of the bed to see if Sunghoon oppa was there but he wasn’t. The linens on his side was untouched and still made. Did he come home last night? Did he leave early for work today? But usually when he leaves for work early he leaves a note. I check on his side table if there was a note, but there was nothing.

I slowly got up squinting my eyes from the sun’s brightness. I checked o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter