"I Love You Beyond Forever"

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At the hospital

Sunghoon burst through the hospital doors and ran to the receptionist out of breath. “What room is Lee Yeonhwa in?”

 “How are you related to Lee Yeonhwa?”

 “I’M HER HUSBAND!”

 “Sorry sir, but on Miss Lee’s charts it does not say that she is married. I cannot let you enter this ward”

 “WHERE IS SHE! JUST TELL ME WHERE SHE IS?”

 “Sir, please lower your voice-”

 “DON’T TELL ME TO BE QUIET-”

 Areum ran in and saw a distressed Sunghoon yelling at the startled receptionist. Sunghoon looked rough. His hair looked disheveled and his clothes looked crumpled.

 “Sunghoon oppa! Follow me…” Areum spoke briefly.

 Sunghoon quietly followed Areum into a small private room in the recovery ward. As Sunghoon was entering the room, he could hear different machines beeping at different times. As Sunghoon rounded the corner he saw Yeonhwa holding a swaddled baby in a pink blanket. Yeonhwa didn’t notice Areum and Sunghoon walk in because she was too busy admiring her daughter.

 Areum cleared which made Yeonhwa look up. Yeonhwa became wide eyed and she saw the man who broke her heart. He made eye contact with her but she quickly looked away.

 “Ummm… Yeonhwa I’m going to leave you two to talk…” Areum says slowly, sounding like a child in trouble.

 “Well I having nothing to say to him, tell him to leave Areum” Yeonhwa says coldly as she’s looking at her daughter.

 “You tell him that, I’m not a messenger” Areum says swiftly as she leave the room.

 “Yeonhwa-ah…” Sunghoon says as he inches closer to the bed.

 “What are you doing here? I thought you didn’t care about me” Yeonhwa states matter-of-factly. “Don’t you remember how you looked me in the eye and told me you didn’t love me? Oppa please leave… leave me and my daughter alone”

 Sunghoon tried to reach out and hold his daughter’s hand but Yeonhwa swats his hand away.

 “Don’t touch her! You have no right!” Yeonhwa raised her voice.

 Sunghoon looked at her sadly and Yeonhwa could see the tears building up in his eyes.

 “Yeonhwa… can I hold our daughter?” he asks timidly.

 “No! ”Our”? She is my daughter, not your daughter! Isn’t that what you told me before?” She reminded him.

 “Yeonhwa look at me”

Yeonhwa refused.

“Yeonhwa please look at me”

 She looked up at him and could see the hurt and tiredness ness in his eyes.

 “Yeonhwa, I know that sorry isn’t enough for what I did to you. I want you to understand that I didn’t mean what I said to you back then. My mom made me choose bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter