The Photo

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK - 1 month ago

I stared at the pregnancy test in awe. I can’t believe I’m pregnant with Sunghoon oppa’s baby. We are going to be a family. What would he think… would he be mad, happy?

*Next Day*

I booked a doctors appointment for today to see if everything was okay with the baby.

“Hello Ms. Lee, I can confirm that you are 2 months pregnant! Congratulations!” my doctor smiled at me.

“However, I do have very important news to discuss with you Yeonhwa” she took a chair out and sat in front of me. By the look on her face she seemed flustered.

“Doctor-nim, what is it?” I asked, worried.

“Yeonhwa, how has the symptoms of your heart defect been lately? Have you been having shortness of breath or any attacks lately?”

“Only shortness of breath, but that’s only because I’ve been busy lately”

“Well, you see Yeonhwa… your heart condition isn’t getting better. I’ve talked with other specialists about your condition, and they said that with your heart, you only have 7 months to live. Which is why this impacts your pregnancy greatly. The specialists recommend a heart transplant, however since you’re pregnant the operation can be detrimental to your baby”

“W-what are you trying to say Doctor-nim, I don’t understand?”

“With your condition it is rare that both the mother and child survive during the birthing process. Mothers with greatly heart defects like yours usually use too much energy to the point where they exhaust themself. With the heart transplant, the percentage is even higher of both child and mother mortality”

“So are you saying that both me and my child can die because of my heart defect?”

“Yes and no. There are scenarios where the child does survive,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter