The News

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“B-b-Bwo-BWO?” Sunghoon stuttered.

“Why are you surprise Sunghoon? Didn’t we agree on this a long time ago? Your father gave you Kang’s Corporation only if you marry Lee Byunghee’s LEGITIMATE daughter. Did you read the contract before you signed son” Sunghoon’s mom said matter-of-factly.

“Is there a problem marrying my daughter Sunghoon?” my mom interjected. “She smart, young and carries my husband’s real DNA, what’s there not to like”

“I-I-I th-think I should g-g-go…” I stammered. I could start feeling my knees weaken and my chest constrict. I can’t have an attack now.

“Why? You just got here Dear, you have heard your appa’s speech nor have heard the big news” my mom chimed in. Her signature smirk in place. I see she has aged. No makeup has hid her deep wrinkles.

“W-what big news?” I regretted asking this question because I knew the answer.

“Sunghoon and Miyoung’s engagement news!” Sunghoon’s mom cheered. I just kept staring at Sunghoon oppa who looked like a statue. I was waiting for him to object or fight for our love… but he remained silent.

I was about to call on Sunghoon but I was interrupted by my appa on the stage. He was carrying a glass of champagne in his right hand as always. My mom later joined him by his side. Then my sister Miyoung joined after. She is all grown up now. I haven’t seen Miyoung in a long time. She became so beautiful.

I stared at all 3 of them on stage, waiting for them to call my name to join them, but they never did.

“Thank you for joining my family and I this evening, before I give my speech about the elections, I would like to share big family news! I would like to officially announce that my beautiful and smart daughter Lee Miyoung and Kang Corporation’s Kang Sunghoon are engaged!”

My heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter