Saturday

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunghoon oppa and I have been together for 3 years now. He moved in with me last year and I couldn’t ask for anything more. The bakery is doing well and I was able to 3 more recipes to the menu. I love waking up with him beside me. I love his scent, his smile, everything.

My phone ringing broke me out of my thoughts. “Yeoboseyo, Yeonhwa-ah? It’s eomma”

“Eo-eo-eomma?”

“Neh, why do you sound surprised… anyway I know we haven’t spoken to each other for 3 years, but if you're not following the news, your father is running for the Presidency position, and we will have a celebration this saturday. I need you to be there so that your father has a good father image!”

“No thanks”

“WAE?! YAH YEONHWA-AH DON’T FORGET WHAT LAST NAME YOU CARRY OR THE FACT THAT YOU WERE BROUGHT INTO THIS FAMILY! IF IT WEREN’T FOR ME YOU WOULD’VE ROT IN THE ORPHANAGE! NOW YOU ARE GOING TO COME THIS SATURDAY! IF YOU DON’T I’LL LEAVE IT TO YOUR IMAGINATION WHAT I’M CAPABLE OF! DON’T TEST ME!” After that she hung up.

I hugged my knees to my chest. I didn’t feel well, my chest feels so constricted and I couldn’t breath properly. I rushed to my medicine cabinet in my bathroom and took out a pill. I quickly downed the pill with water and felt my breathing slow down.

I clutched my knees to my chest trying to calm myself down. It’s my heart’s defect again reminding me that I’m not normal.

I stared at my reflection in the bathroom mirror and started crying.

After I calmed myself down I took a nap. The phone call was so draining.

I woke up to the smell of ramen. Oppa must be home!

I got up and saw my y boyfriend cooking ramen. I sneaked up behind him and put my arms around his waist and inhaled his scent. Oh how I love it! He used his free hand to cup my hands around his waist.

“Oh Yeonhwa-ah you’re up! Just in time, I made ramen for the both of us!”

“I can see that, thanks oppa!” I kissed his cheek and sat down on the table waiting for him to serve the ramen. For a 30 year old, he’s still hot!

Once he finished, he joined me at the table. And I started eating first, not knowing that his eyes were on me the entire time.

“Wae?” I look at him strangely, my mouth half full.

“Nothing, your just so beautiful” He smiled. I hate it when he’s cheesy.

“Yah, stop looking I’m trying to eat!”

“Yah? I’m older than you” I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter