Flashbacks

The Adopted Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m 25 years old now and own a bakery. I still have contact with my adoptive parents, but only when they need me to join dinners with other prestigious families to make it seem like we’re a happy family.

FLASHBACK - 4 years ago

“YEONHWA-AH”

“YAH! AREUM give me 5 more minutes”

“Yeonhwa you’re going to miss your meeting with one of the investors for your bakery, hurry up and get ready!”

Kim Areum has been my friend since high school. I didn’t like talking to anyone and was quite shy, but she was the first person to talk to me and the rest was history. She works in my bakery as my right-hand women. When I’m not at the store she’s in charge.

“5 more minutes…”

“Yeonhwa-ah you don’t have 5 more minutes, your meeting is in 30 minutes!”

“BWO!!!” I rushed out of my bed shielding my eyes from the sun glares from my window, making my way to my bathroom. I quickly got took a shower, got changed and applied small amounts of makeup.

Running out of my room I ran to my car and drove to my bakery, forgetting that Areum was still in my house.

Once I reached my bakery there was a tall man standing in front of the door. He was wearing an expensive suit and his figure from where I was standing looked great… even his buttocks were well defined.

“Miss Lee.. Yeonhwa Lee?” The tall man turned around, and I swear I was gonna faint.

“Ummm…erm… ah yes… are you the investor from Kang’s Corporation?”

“Ah yes, I’m Kang Sunghoon nice to meet you,” he extended his hand out to me and I gingerly reached for it. His hands were rough. He has the most beautiful smile too.

“Sorry, I took long… traffic…”

“No problem, I just got here too” I couldn’t stop looking at his smile.

“Oh yeah, the meeting, follow me..” I fumbled with keys in my hand and it fell as I was trying to unlock the door. How can you be so clumsy Yeonhwa!

As I was reaching down, both mine and Sunghoon’s hand touch… Yeonhwa calm your heart

He quickly picked up my keys and handed it to me. I quickly opened the door, unlocked the security code and directed Sunghoon to a table by the window. Which in fact is my favourite place because it faces the park.

“Okay Miss Lee,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter