Chapter 9

My Meteorite

Watching the female doctor had become a hobby for Kris. She was different from the girls that he knew. She had a passion for her job. Watching the doctor struggle to find a place for the young girl, made his usually still heart move a little. He sighed while thinking of some way for him to help with the situation. He wracked his brain but nothing came to mind.

 

Kris, you didnt come to dinner again. There is a reason why they are called family dinners, Grandfather said as he walked in without knocking.

The whole family isnt here so there is mote point in gathering, Kris said while moving to sit with Grandfather on the armchairs.

That may be so but you cannot continue like this. But never mind that, as you have not visited Tzuyu, I thought I would give you an update. The doctors do not think there is anymore that they can do for her, she has a few days left so we should prepare our farewells, Grandfather said as detached as he could.

Kris visibly swallowed, blinking more than necessary before calming himself down and saying, There has to be another way. What if we brought one of the doctors from the other side? The doctors here say that she must have contracted the disease on the other side maybe they know how to treat it.

And allow a rebel into our home!?! Grandfather replied loudly.

If its the only way to save her then why not? Kris responded.

Never will we let some doctor who didnt even study properly to come work on one of our family members!

Then shell die. Is that what you want?

There was a long silence.

And where will we find such a doctor willing to help us? Grandfather inquired.

Kris looked away and then at his desk.

I suppose you are thinking of that female doctor who helped you out?

Kris gave a look of surprise. Although Grandfather always knew about the going-ons everywhere, Kris had always assumed that his privacy was respected.

Did you really think I wouldnt know? Grandfather said with a knowingly look and continued, Ill speak to the Head of our Security and see what we can do.

Someone knocked on the door. Come in, Kris said.

Chanyeol came in and upon seeing Grandfather there he rushed to say, I can come back later at a more convenient time.

Grandfather chuckled and said, No worries, we were finishing up anyways. How has the projects been coming along?

No progress yet however one of the subjects may be responding and there is potential in finding an actual way in, Chanyeol reported.

Grandfather nodded while standing up, I see, well Ill leave you young ones to chat then.

You looking for me? Kris said sitting in one of the armchairs in the sitting area of his study.

Chanyeol nodded and a serious look crossed his face. I really think that they will succeed with this project. Can you imagine the chaos if this comes out and actually works?

Kris looked deep in thought, his blank face giving away nothing of his thoughts, There is going to war if the Other Side find out that we are using them as experiments. It has always been a tense peace but this may break that. Even though we likely have the better weapons but we dont have the people willing to fight. Not that many people in any case, I mean we all come from wealthy and influential families, no one will give up a family member. They on the other hand could cause much damage if they were to find out.

Although Kris wasnt a cruel person, he didnt care much for other people. He learnt from a young age that caring for people only brought trouble for the carer. Punishment came to those who cared and helped others. His thoughts soon turned to the past.

Kris? Kris? a voice was calling him. He shook himself out of his dark thoughts and replied, What Chanyeol?

You left for a second, so I just wanted to know what was up, he replied whilst unwrapping a sweet and popping it into his mouth. He held out one to his long-time friend, offering up a purple wrapped confection.

Keep your sweets, you never know they may just stop producing them, Kris said.

Chanyeols eyes went wide and he immediately brought the sweet back to his chest in a protective manner as if someone were trying to steal it.

Kris barked out a laugh that was far from genuine but held some amusement. Get out of here, youre making a nuisance of yourself.

Fine, I know when Im not wanted. Ill leave you to stalking your girlfriend, Chanyeol teased while walking out the door.

A cushion was then thrown aimed at Chanyeol but end up hitting a closed door.

Kris let out a huff before a small smile appeared.