Chapter 18

My Meteorite

It was a nice day to be out, a Saturday so the air seemed lighter but I had a heavy feeling in my heart. I tried to focus on Jongin but I just couldnt focus, not while I knew what he had done.

Why Jongin? Why did you take Kris? I couldnt help but ask.

There was no response to my question. I swallowed and continued, Who are you really Jongin? Why did you do this to me?

Because I hoped that you would forget about him! he suddenly burst out loudly. I asked for them to spare you, hoping that you would forget about him. You didnt though, did you? And now you and Park Chanyeol are trying to get Kris back. Do you know how hard it is to watch as the person that you love and would give up anything for, do whatever they can to save some other person?

Shall I tell you the truth of everything? He looked at me coldly. Uhm Nari, 25 years old, born 2 June to the Uhm family. A prestigious family with two outstanding scientists proclaimed to save the rest of humanity due to their discoveries. Sadly, that never came to pass because of the one discovery that Earth would not be spared by meteor showers and their kindness that told them to tell the entire world. Unfortunately, some saw it as an opportunity to elevate their status and had them killed, they left behind a daughter. Yes, I can see the denial in your eyes but it is you, the heiress of the fallen Uhm family.

The things that Chanyeol said to me came rushing back. The Wu family would not have it. So, the couple was killed before the shower, they left a daughter behind.

No. No. NO! I shook my head in denial.

We used to play together you know, he continued. I guess you dont really remember. Considering you only ever mentioned your ballet and small tid bits of your life prior to the Split. Funny that you dont recognise any of us anymore. He must have seen the shock and confusion on my face, as he said, And Chanyeol didnt spill any of this to you, I see. I wonder if its to save his best friend. I mean if you knew that it was your precious boyfriends family that killed off yours, I suppose you wouldnt be as inclined to be with him.

He meant it to be cruel and to hurt me but I had already figured that bit out, I dont remember any of you. How could we have been friends?

You were younger than us and the playdates stopped sometime when you were about 4 years old, he said a lot softer. I closed my eyes in relief, at least it wasnt that I had wiped out a whole section of my life out. I couldnt be blamed for not remembering.

I took a deep breath, opened my eyes and said, Will you help me save Kris? If what you said was true, we were all friends at one stage so for old times sake, wont you help?

Jongin didnt reply, he looked away pensively. Hes still at the Wu family home, hes going to be sent away in about a week. The security guard watching you reported that you and Chanyeol planned to fix Kris. Im sure you can find someone who will be able to tell you how to sneak to the Other side. At this Jongin gave me a pointed look as if trying to tell me some important information.

My eyes widened as it hit me, I smiled widely, gave him a hug and a rushed goodbye. I hurried to the bus stop and waited for the bus to Xiumin.

I arrived at the abandoned cottage, Xiumin was waiting for me. As I got closer, I saw a shadow next to him. I pointed next to him about to scream but Xiumin shook his head at me. Cautiously, I walked towards him when I was next to him and arms length away from the shadow. The hood was thrown off.

Tzuyu.

What is she doing here? I asked Xiumin.

Before he could answer, I want to save my brother, Tzuyu cut in, He was so happy with you and now its like the person that I knew isnt even there.

Under the cover of night, a plan was carefully thought out to save Kris.