The Fourth Wall

Civilizing Oh Sehun

The Fourth Wall

“Hi all, this is Chanyeol from Civilizing Oh Sehun and as you are reading this sentence- you may or may not notice that this is not an actual chapter of the story.”

“They are aware dip; the title of this chapter is called The Fourth Wall. It’s even written right there in comic sans- AKA, the worst font ever!”

“Anyway, we are here to address a few things!”

“Also, author, you haven’t added anything to our lines… Aren’t you supposed to say who said what and describe their actions?”

 

Am I supposed to in a chapter about the fourth wall?

 

“Can you?

 

Fine

 

“Thanks.” Baekhyun chirped. “But yes, as some of you may know, there are some characters out there that can break the fourth wall. Listen, Chanyeol and I are about to crash through that wall with a truck.”

Chanyeol chuckled and paced around the set with his arms crossed indifferently. “Um, some of you may remember that this mess began when I starred in The Vow? (Yes, I am advertising another story I was in, deal with it), and basically I played a butler. They called me Chanbutt…”

“HAAA! Chanbutt,”

“Shut the up! You were a period once!”

Baekhyun nodded. “Yes yes, I’ll see more ladies in a year than you will in a lifetime.”

 

Damn, he got you good, Chanyeol…

 

“Anyway, I was in The Crimson War (you should probably check that one out, it’s a mess also). So we are both characters who have a great experience with breaking the fourth wall, a matter of fact, we know we are side characters.” Baekhyun shrugged. “Why? Because of the author who stans Sehun a lot, okay? Her name is Ivy, in case you didn’t know…”

Chanyeol nodded. “Yeah that’s pretty much all there is to it, she really likes Sehun. Whatever, I’m just telling you guys ahead of time that we’re going to show up here and there throughout the story. It gets a little redundant to talk about Sehun and Haebin all the time, ya get me? Like this chapter right now for example is proof that Ivy got sick of writing about them! This is a freaking filler chapter!”

Baekhyun snorted and laughed. “And y’all are still reading this !”

 

No, you are also here to answer some questions about the role you are playing. I’m sure the audiences are curious about you two.
 

“What-“

 

Question One: Why are Baekhyun and Chanyeol often drunk?

“Well, to be honest, we are both fresh out of college and instead of studying we went to a lot of parties.” Baekhyun solemnly gazed at the ground. “Don’t be like us, kids.”

Chanyeol nodded. “Y-Yep. Partied through college and even though we graduated, we can’t seem to part ways with soju.”

 

Question Two: Relationship with Hanbin?

“Her name is Haebin…”

Oh, my bad. Question Two: Relationship with Haebin?

Baekhyun wrinkled his nose and shook his head. “Oh goodness me, if the readers are worried about a love triangle-“

“There are 4 of us in total, it’s a love square!” Chanyeol his teeth. “Did you even pass basic math?”

Baekhyun eyed the giant. “Well, you gotta be attractive if you want to take part in this…”

Chanyeol shoved him aside. “We are close friends! Friends throughout high school and college, that’s all! Next question!”

 

Question Three: Does Sehun have a family?

Chanyeol shook his head and sighed. “Tsk tsk tsk… You know…when fishes have babies, they don’t just have one or two at a time…”

“Yes! That is true! But that has nothing to do with Sehun’s parents you they are mermaids and merman, not fish! Anyway, he does have parents but you know the sea is so damn big; he was on his own from the very beginning. He saw mom and dad all the time but you know growing up in the ocean is different.”

“Yeah you just swim around and get into your own crowd, ya know? I’m sure he loves his parents or whatever, but things are like that in the water. He came up onto land for a new adventure and a new life pretty much. If he likes it here I’m sure he will stay!”

 

Question Four: Bro, are you guys really that close to Haebin that she can casually tell you to strip down, I’m talking to you! Park Chanyeol!

Chanyeol sheepishly looked away. “This happened very often in college so I guess dealing with our drunken asses is second nature to her…”

Baekhyun smiled gratefully. “I’m thankful that she never kicked us out for it…”

 

Question Five: Do your Seoul folk know about mermaids? Is it a norm to encounter them?

Chanyeol looked around a few times before shoving his big head out of the screen. “Listen, I don’t know where you’re reading this from, your computer? Your phone? Come closer, I’ll tell you something…”

“Oh please, stop being so dramatic, only we broke the fourth wall! Everyone else in the story won’t hear of this anyway!” He stuck his head out too. “It’s not a normal thing but there are people here in Seoul who has encountered mermaids, just a few!”

“Do you get what we’re saying? There are people out there in the same situation as us, and how are they keeping this a secret? Well, you are reading a fanfic, things just work out like that!”

 

Okay guys, wrap up and say whatever you want

 

“Are you tired of my ?”

 

Wow, Baekhyun, how did you know?

 

“So long story short, we are side characters and we will pop up from time to time because we’re comical.”

“No, we will not interfere with Haebin and Sehun…”

“But we will rage and get frustrated too when you tease us, Ivy.”

“DON’T YOU DARE TAKE 40 CHAPTERS TO GET THE SHIP SAILING-“