The Talk

Civilizing Oh Sehun

(1 week later)

Ding

Haebin rolled over in her sleep and tensed her shoulders up when she heard the sound. “D-Ding?” She whispered. “Not beep?” She shot up and grabbed her phone. “Beep comes from my email- I hear it all the time…but ding? Ding? That only happens when someone sends me money-“

TRANSACTION FROM SEOUL DIAMONDS COMPLETE

 

Beep

“Oh yes that sound I recognize someone emailed me-“ She read the subject line and gasped.

Final Pricing

Haebin calmly opened up the email.

 

Greetings Miss Kim Haebin,

After many negotiations with other jewelry companies and museums, we are proud to announce that Seoul Diamonds will be the new home of your pearl. Our specialists have marveled over this beautiful gem and have confirmed that it is a golden south sea pearl. This is considered a “top gem” and it is the highest quality we have ever seen.

Our final price for this pearl is as offers:

₩57,325,000.00

 

We are very humbled that you chose to work with Seoul Diamonds and hope to see you again.

 

Haebin threw her phone in the air and gasped. “OH.MY.GOD.” She squatted down and squinted at her phone which landed on her mattress. “OH, MY GOD. WAIT, HOW MANY ZEROS IS THAT? ONE, TWO, THREE, WAIT OH MY… FIFTY-SEVEN T-THOUSAND? OH IT’S MILLION.”

Then she opened up her bank account and immediately fell to her knees. “I-IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL.” She clutched the device to her heart and bolted out of her room.

 

Sehun was still in dreamland on his couch when Haebin stumbled in.

“SEHUN-AH!”

He jolted awake and turned around. “Y-Yes?” Sehun sat up and scratched his neck. “Yes, Haebin?”

She jumped into his arms and grinned cheekily. “Let’s get you shrimp chips! Crab chips! Lobster chips! Fish ch-“ Okay let’s not get him fish chips. “Whatever chips!” Haebin grabbed his shoulders. “What else do you want? Tell me!”

Sehun looked at her. “W-Why? What’s happening?”

“Your pearl is worth a lot of money!” She sighed in relief. “You saved my ! Ah, I was wondering how I could possibly afford rent and other necessities! Your pearl…” Haebin shook her head. “N-No, this isn’t right, what can I do for you?”

“Huh?”

“I can’t just take your pearls! They’re worth a ton of money, that’s like freeloading!”

Sehun looked around. “Y-You took me in and…took care of me. You feed me all the time and you make me happy, what else do I need?” He dug into his pocket and pulled out a few more pearls. “Here,”

Haebin gasped and pushed his hand away. “Oh no, don’t give those to me!” She reached behind him and grabbed a glass container. She poured out a small pile of folded paper stars onto her lap before handing the jar to him. “Keep them for yourself.”

“But…I don’t know what to do with them.”

“We can exchange them for money and you can get whatever you want! Your own clothes? Shoes? A phone? Maybe you can move out-“

Sehun grabbed her wrists. “No!” He exclaimed. “Please don’t make me move out… I like it here, Haebin.”

She smiled. “Okay, fine, but don’t give me all your money.”

“I’ll save up my pearls and we can use it together, how’s that?”

Haebin nodded. “Sure.”

 

“Omo? What kind of scene is this?”

“What are you- WOW HAEBINNY YOU MOVE FAST!”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun came through the front door nonchalantly just to see Haebin and the merman all cuddled up on the couch.

 

Haebin rolled off the couch flopped onto the floor. “IT’S NOT LIKE THAT-“

Sehun held the jar in his hands dumbfounded as the boys barged in. “O-Oh good morning Chanyeol. Good morning Baekhyun.”

 

“Sup,”

“Hello!”

 

“What are you doing here?”

Chanyeol scoffed and tapped the calendar on her wall. “Are we not going to go to the bathhouse?” He asked. “Hello?”

Baekhyun crossed his arms. “What? So you get a new roommate and you forget about us?”

 

“Bath…house?” Sehun looked at the two. What’s a bath house?

Chanyeol only nodded. “Mmm okay, it’s fine, you can come too. I’ll scrub your back!”

Haebin gasped and shook her head. “NO.”

Baekhyun raised his brows in shock. “Oh? Did you just say no to our monthly bath house dates? Come on!”

“I…AM ON MY PERIOD,” Haebin announced. She grabbed her crotch. “No can do!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Please, I am very familiar with the Crimson War.” He chirped. “All you gotta do is being extra careful while showering! Slap a pad on and you can still wander around the ice rooms.” He grinned. “You can satisfy all your boiled egg and rice punch cravings!”

Chanyeol agreed. “Yeah! We can eat snacks and take naps!” He snapped his fingers and pointed straight at the merman. “Why don’t we get a chance to know each other? You’re Haebin’s new roommate after all; we can become good friends too! A guy trio! Eh?”

Baekhyun chuckled. “Is your proportionate to your height? Because for some people, it’s not…” He peered at Chanyeol with a sad expression. “Poor Chanyeol…”

“Oh my God shut the up Baekhyun!”

Haebin slowly turned around; she didn’t know what to do with the very puzzled Sehun who sat on the couch. “Great, now I gotta explain periods, bath houses, and to him all in one go…” She muttered.

Chanyeol tapped his foot impatiently on the ground. “We’re losing time here…”

Haebin stood up and pushed the two out the door. “Next time! Next time!”

Baekhyun reached his hand out towards Sehun as she shoved the both of them out. “But does your friend want to come? Sehun, wanna come?”

“Yeah-“

“I THINK THE NOT.”

 

A couple minutes later

“Haebin…how come I can’t go to the bath house?” Sehun asked. “I like taking baths…”

She looked up and pointed to his legs. “Bath houses are public; anyone can go there and hang out. I don’t want anyone to see you turn into a merman, can you imagine what would happen if hundreds of people saw your tail at the same time?”

He nodded understandingly. “Oh I see, that would be bad… Also, what is a period?”

Haebin flushed red and gulped. “So…” She wrinkled her nose. “Wait, let me get Baekhyun…”

 

She dragged the lad back by his collar and sat him on the floor. “Before you go, explain periods to Sehun.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “WHAT? You don’t know what a period is?”

“Hell, give him the talk.”

Baekhyun doubled over in laughter. “Why the hell do I need to give a grown man the talk?”

“J-Just say it!”

Sehun sat in his spot and waited for Baekhyun to speak.

 

“My dude, every month a girl has this thing that comes called a period. It’s like mother nature being a .” Baekhyun began. “A girl’s body prepares itself to make a baby every month, right?”

“Right…?”

“So it spends all month preparing itself, but then the baby doesn’t appear! So the body gets super pissed and starts wrecking havoc. starts to shred, her insides go to war! And as a result, blood comes out of here.” Baekhyun pointed to his crotch.

Sehun gasped. “Oh my gosh!”

“No no no! Not us, girls…” Baekhyun said.

“Then…then why don’t they make a baby?” Sehun asked. “So the body doesn’t get mad…” He looked at Haebin. “Do you have to go through this every month?”

Haebin nodded. “Mmhmm,”

Sehun blinked a few times and indifferently asked. “Why don’t you make a baby?”

Baekhyun threw his head back laughing. “Well then that means the girl has to carry a baby for 9 months, and then raise it for the rest of her life! And also the periods come back!”

“Oh …so babies only stop it for a little bit,”

“Yep.”

“How are babies made?”

Haebin buried her face in her hands as Baekhyun shot her a very suggestive look. “Shall I…tell him?” He asked.

“Yeah yeah, whatever…”

“Sehun, listen to me,”

“I am.”

Baekhyun leaned forward. “It’s simple. It’s not rocket science or anything, you take this, put it into there…” He clapped his hands a few times. “Bam bam bam! And there! A baby!”

“Okay Baek, thanks, get out.”

“Why?!” Baekhyun asked. “I’m not done! I gotta show him and everything!”

“OUT! NOW!!!”

“You…are ovary-reacting.”

“OH MY GODDD.”


Comments are much appreciated!