chapter eight.

Hopeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay so, Jisoo and I have been hanging out more after my birthday. I don't blame Joohyuk for not wishing me - he did call me that night to wish me again - that's enough for me.

Besides, Jisoo's making me feel really loved.

He's really taking this seriously, he's going into the little details - details that I care about.

When he picked me up from my dorm for classes, he made sure that I had gotten everything I needed. He took my bag from me, carrying it for me. He slipped his hand into mine, making my cold hands warm.

"Are your hands always this cold the morning?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, almost." I smiled at him, looking at our hands. "Winter's coming, so it's worse."

Under my gaze, I could feel his eyes on the top of my head and he cheekily brought out hands near his lips. Just before the back of my hand came into contact with his lips, he kissed his own hand instead.

"You ," I laughed.

Jisoo smiled, seeing me laugh and he tucked our hands into his hoodie's pocket, "There, you won't be cold anymore."

I felt my insides warm up. He grinned at me, pulling me closer to him as we left the dorms together. As we walked to school, he made sure that I was walking on the inside of the path while he walked on the side near the road.

 

I felt a sneeze coming up and I scrunched my nose up. Letting out a quiet sneeze, I rubbed my nose with my other hand. Jisoo stopped walking to look at me.

"Have you gotten a cold?" He asked, in concern.

"I'm fine," I shook my head. "It's just one sneeze."

"If you feel unwell, just tell me. If anything, just tell me." He bopped my nose. "You get me?"

I nodded, saluting him playfully with our entwined hands. He cheekily scrunched his face up and stuffed out hands back into his pocket again.

We were reaching the gate of our school when he suddenly leaned in to peck my cheek. I spun around in shock, my free hand went to my cheek.

"What--"

He shrugged. "Let's go. We're gonna be late."

I stole glances at this guy. wondering how the hell I missed this gem when he was next to me the whole time I was looking at Joohyuk. He's such a sweet guy, I feel bad for going along with his plan.

Why didn't I fall for him instead?

But the heart wants what it wants, right?

 

*

 

"Let's go out today, after school." Joohyuk proposed.

The three of us were once again in class, sitting together at the back of the room. Our tables were joined and as usual, I was in the centre.

"Where to?" I asked, not knowing what to do with him leaning so close to me.

Jisoo nudged me with his knee secretly, signalling that I could lean on him if I needed a break from my heart. Joohyuk pecked my temple, "It's our day out since we end at 1 pm later."

I blushed at the lip contact but forced my beating heart down.

"I'm okay with going. Ji, you?"

"Call." He nodded, ruffling my hair.

"Okay, I'll go make a few calls and we'll see each other at the gates." Joohyuk chuckled and sat back in his seat, tuning in to the lecture going on.

 

*

 

Jisoo slung his arm around my shoulder, slouching to my height as we waited at the gate. We were waiting for Joohyuk, who had disappeared once the class had ended. He only told us to meet him at the school gates.

"Where's he?" Jisoo looked around.

I was about to answer when a bright red convertible came cruising up the road, stopping in front of Ji and I. We shared a look, switching our gaze back to the car. The driver's window wound down, only to reveal Joohyuk.

"Joo?!" I exclaimed, hopping towards the car. "Where did you get this? When did you get this?!"

"Well, Fumbles. This is our ride for the day, hop in, I'm driving." He winked.

Jisoo hopped into the passenger seat of the vehicle while I climbed in at the back. We were about to start the car when there was a knock on the window on Jisoo's side. Joohyuk wound the window down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter