chapter eleven.

Hopeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pushed him away almost immediately after he kissed me. I bounced away, hand over my mouth as I stared at him.

"Nam Joohyuk! What was that?"

He stepped towards me, I stepped back. It continued until my back hit the edge of the rooftop railing. He stopped when I eyed over the edge, down on the ground.

"I--" He started.

I couldn't think. The feeling of Joohyuk's lips on mine and his irrationality shocked me. I didn't know what to feel, what to do. Before he could finish what he had wanted to say, I bolted out of the rooftop, leaving him alone.

 

I ran down the stairs, wanting to leave the school when I collided into someone. I fell onto the ground with a loud thud, pain shooting through my body and up my spine. I sat up, rolling my wrists.

"Woah, doll. Where are you rushing to?"

A pair of arms pulled me up and I realised that it was Jisoo. I looked up at his face, before diving straight into his arms. He didn't return the hug until a full minute later.

"What's wrong?" He asked, holding my face after letting go of the hug. "What happened?"

"Joohyuk. He kissed me."

Jisoo stilled, "What?"

"He kissed me. I-I didn't know what to do..."

"It's okay," Jisoo pulled me into another hug and whispered into my ear.

"You know, I told myself that I would get over him," I sniffled. "I told myself that every time I realised that I would never be his girlfriend. But those were lies."

He hugged me tighter. I started crying.

"Those were just lies I tell myself so that I can stay the way I am right now."

I could feel Jisoo run his fingers through my hair as a way to comfort me.

"Go out with me." He said. "Go out with me - for real, you'll be able to forget Joo. I'll help you forget him. If you let me. I can't see you cry for him anymore."

"I can't... I can't do it." I shook my head. "I can't make use of you to--"

"Stop with that excuse. I don't care if you make use of me or not. I care if you are smiling or not." Jisoo kissed my forehead, holding the back of my neck.

I just kept quiet, shaking my head as he brought me away, back to our dorms.

 

*

 

The next morning, Jisoo picked me up. We headed to school together, only to realise that the atmosphere was... well, weird. People were all looking at us as though they had something to ask us but afraid to do so.

We had just entered the lecture room when a group of girls came to their table.

"Are the rumours true?" One of the three girls asked.

"What rumours?" I asked as Jisoo sat down beside me, looking just as curious.

"That Joohyuk and Sungkyung have broken up?" Another piped up. "That's such a waste, they were such a trophy couple. Too bad their relationship was short-lived, just a few months."

"Wait, wait, wait." I was confused. "Joo and Sungkyung broke up? Since when?"

"I heard it was yesterday," the last girl said before her eyes trailed upwards to a person standing behind Jisoo and me.

I saw her nudge her friends before they all scurried away. I followed their gazes and saw Joohyuk sitting down at his usual table. He wasn't looking at us, but down on the table.

Jisoo and I shared a looked before I made my way towards him.

"Joo," I started. "Are you okay?"

He looked up at me and pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his cheek against my stomach. I didn't know what to tell him, all I could do is stand there, offering him my comfort. Jisoo patted Joohyuk's back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter