chapter seven.

Hopeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We started spending less time together, ever since Joohyuk and Sungkyung got together.

It used to be Jisoo, Joohyuk and me eating together, coming to school together and leaving school together to have dinner outside before returning to our dorms.

But ever since Sungkyung entered our lives, we just barely get to hang out with Joo anymore.

Not that I hate Sungkyung, because why would I hate my best friend's girlfriend, right?

It's just that, every time I want to have dinner with the boys, she either hangs out with us or brings Joo away last minute.

I know, I might be too sensitive about this, or biased towards her because I love Joohyuk, but this woman was unexpectedly clingy for my taste.

It made me regret not telling him what I felt earlier.

 

*

 

"Is Joo coming?" I asked as I sat down at the table Jisoo was at.

 

We had agreed for dinner, this time the occasion was special. It was my birthday. After the day we all first met, we made it a point to have dinner for each of our birthdays before showering the star of the day with gifts and a good time.

It was my birthday. Jisoo told me that he had booked a room at the famous karaoke down the streets - you needed to book 3 months before the actual date because it was that famous.

I had been waiting for this day to come, because I wanted to finally tell Joohyuk my feelings but who knew he would get together with her.

So I was just going to spend the day with my beloved friends, singing our asses off. Besides, have you heard Joohyuk sing?

One more reason on my list why I love him so much.

 

"I think so. He told me he would be coming before he left our room." Jisoo called the waiter over. "What do you want to drink?"

"White mocha, please. Iced." I ordered and the waiter left.

Jisoo leaned away and looked at my outfit. He smiled, "You look very pretty today. Happy birthday, princess."

"Thanks," I pinked.

He then reached to the floor and pulled out a very beautifully wrapped present and gave it to me. I eyed it. He urged me to open it and I obliged, only to find out it was a puzzle box.

"This--"

"It's a puzzle piece box of our photo. You remember that day?"

 

Of course I did. It was the day I had the most fun. I had received a text from someone I didn't want to see or hear from again. I had the worst morning of my life, going to the extent of crying in class.

The boys dragged me out of school before the next lesson, applying for leave for the 3 of us. They brought me to this little tree house at the back of the school, hidden away from people.

"We build this place for the 3 of us."

I recalled them say when I asked where we were. I remembered crying even harder as they hugged me.

Seriously, they are spoiling me way too much.

The camera that shot the picture was put on a timer, as we celebrated our first year friendship anniversary. They promised that we were going to be best friends forever, no matter what happened.

Just before the countdown ended, the boys told me a j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter