chapter twelve.

Hopeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My eyes widened. Jisoo was kissing me.

WHAT'S WITH THE GUYS AROUND ME AND THE KISSING??

Calm down, Lee Mina.

Wait.

This is a kiss.

But all I could feel his thumb and his warm breath against my face. I stood still as he tilted his head the other way. My eyes were kept opened, so I noticed how his eyes have fallen shut and his hand was slipping off my face.

His hand fell from my face and our lips touched for a second before he pulled away from me.

"So how's that?" He asked, ruffling my hair.

"What--"

I was stunned. I didn't know how to react.

He quickly gave me a peck on the cheek before reaching for my hand. "Let's go."

Jisoo grabbed my bag and threw it over his shoulder as I grabbed Joo's bag before we headed towards the entrance of the store. Joohyuk had just finished his payment and looked up at us.

"Let's go," I threw his bag at him and he caught it flawlessly.

"Let's go, classes are starting." Joo smiled, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

 

*

 

Time passed quickly that day. I had to study for a small test the next day, so I retreated back to my room after school to start on the revision.

The next day, I arrived early in class so that I could get some last minute revision. I had just taken out my books when there was a loud thud from the doors. I looked up and saw Jisoo staggering in after opening the door loudly.

I sprang up, running towards him, "Woah, you okay?"

He lifted his head up and gave me a tiny smile. I took in his appearance, noticing the busted lip, the cut on the eyebrow and the bruises on his cheek.

"What the hell happened to you?" I hugged his waist, bringing him to his seat.

"It's nothing," I could tell that he was lying.

"Nothing wouldn't scratch your face up like this. Tell me, you idiot!"

Before he could say anything, the door slid open the second time and Joohyuk walked in. My jaw dropped when I saw the exact same injury on his face.

"I want an explanation," I smacked Jisoo's head and went over to Joohyuk. "What's wrong with you? What happened?"

He looked up at me, before glancing over my shoulder and laid down on the table, his head on his arm, facing away from me. I poked his back, "Yah, answer me."

Joohyuk shifted, not wanting me to touch him. I felt rejected but I felt that it wasn't the time for that. Two of my friends were beaten up and I have no idea what happened.

I returned to my seat, silently fuming to myself. Jisoo reached over to poke my waist, but I pushed his hand away.

 

*

 

I went to the treehouse after class. I know I've said I wouldn't go back there, but it belonged to me. No matter who has been there, the treehouse still belonged to me.

Sighing, I leaned against the tree trunk behind me. I closed my eyes, not knowing how and what to react to whatever had happened earlier. None of the boys would talk to me about what happened.

"I knew you'd be here."

I opened my eyes. Jisoo was standing before me. I shut my eyes again, "What are you doing here?"

"You wanted an explanation."

I sat up, eyes still closed. He sat down after I took a deep breath and opened my eyes.

"I got into a fight."

"I can see that," I swung my legs off the platform as I sat along the edge, beside Jisoo. "Why did you do that? It's not you... And Joohyuk... What's with his face too?"

Realisation dawned on me as I realised what was going on.

"Did- Did the both of you fight each other?" I gasped, hand over my mouth. "Why would you guys do that?"

"I can't tell you the reason, but..." Jisoo moved and laid down on the wooden platform, his head resting on my lap. "Just let me stay like this? Please."

I didn't want to argue with him, I couldn't bring myself to. Instead, I kept quiet and ran my fingers through his hair.

"You okay?"

He n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter