chapter five.

Hopeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't wanna go!!! I have to put on makeup and wear dresses and heels!" I whined. "I don't want to goooooooooooooo~"

"Too late, Fumbles. We've already added your name to the list." Joohyuk chuckled, ruffling my hair. Jisoo popped up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Yeah, and the list has been submitted to the committee. Be prepared to receive an invitation next week." Jisoo pinched my cheeks. "Now let's decide who your date will be."

I glanced at Joohyuk before turning my gaze away.

Jisoo let go of his best friend and side-hugged me. We both looked around the cafeteria.

"Let's see," he scanned. "How about we get Kim Jongin over there?"

"Nah, he's Oh Sehun's best friend."

"How about..." He trailed off. "Hwang Chansung?"

"He's good, but he has a girlfriend."

Jisoo continued to look around while my eyes flitted to the side, at Joohyuk. He seemed to be on the lookout as well. I sighed.

Will you ever notice me?

"What about me?" Jisoo suddenly appeared in front of me. "I'm free."

I nodded, smiling in agreement. I pinched his cheeks, as he held onto my shoulders, levelling our faces together. I made a face at him and pushed him away.

"Joo," I turned. "Who are you planning to ask to the dance?"

He bopped my nose, "Who do you think?"

I looking around the cafeteria and saw Sungkyung at the other end of the place. I turned back to Joohyuk, only to see him smile again.

As long as he is happy, I'll be happy.

Right?

 

*

 

It was the night of the dance. I was getting ready in my room, donned in a black dress with gold accents. I was putting on my makeup, when the doorbell rang. I stopped putting on my lipstick and headed towards my door.

I was confused as the other year students were all out of school, and that it was a female dorm.

Pulling the door open, I chuckled.

A bouquet of blue roses was held in front of my face. The sender - or senders - were hiding their faces behind the flowers, and peeked out after hearing my laugh. I took it, revealing Jisoo and Joohyuk dressed in really smart outfits.

My heart swelled with pride when I saw the both of them looking so handsome.

I couldn't tear my eyes away from Joohyuk.

"I'm so thankful to my gods and deities for bestowing these two hot men in my life." I cooed and hooked my arms around theirs, standing between them.

"And we're lucky for having you, Fumbles." Joohyuk kissed my temple, making my blush.

"Hey, me too!" Jisoo exclaimed and pecked my other temple.

"Geez guys," I lowered my gaze, cheeks and ears burning a bright red. "Give me a few more minutes, I'll be done soon."

I turned and went back to my room to finish the remaining of my makeup.

 

*

 

Joohyuk drove us to the venue, the school's ballroom that was reserved specially for events like this. I sat in the front, beside Joohyuk while Jisoo sat behind.

He rest his head on the shoulder of my seat and kept praising on how good I looked. I kept blushing at his comment, occasionally stealing looks at Joohyuk -

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter