Part 8

Part Time Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the incident, Nayoung starts to make a distance with Jieqiong while the young girl cooperates as much as she can by being a sloth at her house, didn’t go to anywhere but warp herself with blanket like a cocoon and sulk. Nayoung already warn her that they should not meet again cause Jieqiong feel hurt honestly. When they said love can make people stupid, that’s apply to Jieqiong. She sometimes still stalk the older after her class was over, sitting inside her car and follow her just to make sure the older just doing fine and to Jieqiong amusement she really is and that’s makes Jieqiong think she really had it enough. She just one of another person who is stupid and pathetic for her own love life.

-

Since birth Nayoung got the all attention and love she deserves. Her mom and dad really love her and she was blessed by growing up with lots of love. It was until she turning to 17, they went to a family trip and it happens. All she can remember is listening to her parent’s favorite music and her mom shouting her name, their car is spinning fast and her mom’s warm embrace. She is an orphan at 17. It’s a bless that she can finish her high school in peace without have to worry about the tuition because her parents left her enough until she finish her collage. Bless her bright brain, scholarship is one of her favorite thing because it helps her financial a lot. At 18, she starts to work as a part timer. It’s not hard for sure because it didn’t require special skills. It’s better than explaining how amoeba split itself.

At collage, she is one of the most popular freshmen that everyone talks about. Being smart and beautiful, that didn’t make Nayoung cocky. She is so humble. People can help but admire for so long. Many tried to confess and Nayoung did date couple of them but she find out it will never work with boys and she really feels bad for them. There was the last one she date when she met YeonJung, the love of her life. She remember that day she just finish her shift at the vet shop and was about to close it when someone shout from a far.

‘Miss please. She needs your help.” The girl have fair skin and she is crying while holding what Nayoung assume a stray dog because it was so dirty and look very weak. With the plea and begging, Nayoung finally gave up and let both of them in.

“I never meet someone so dedicating to save a stray dog.” Nayoung said as she is checking the dog’s condition. The doctor already end his shift so all she can do now just clean the dog, feeding it and let her stay for a night so it can get the treatment first in the morning.

“She deserve to live. I was on my way back and I hear her whimper at the park and I thought she is dying.” It’s funny for Nayoung because every time they talk about the dog, the young girl will shed tears.

“It’s okay miss, she is not dying. I think she just broke her leg and she will be fine if we treat her right. She will jump and nosy in no time, trust me.” And the younger believe her.

“I’m Yeonjung by the way, thank’s for helping emm…”

“Nayoung. Nice to meet you.”

Since that their feelings starts to bloom and after Nayoung break her relationship with her long time boyfriend, she confess to Yeonjung and was happy that her love is not one side. It didn’t matter if their personality was different. Nayoung being Logic while Yeonjung being romantic, one is a doctor to be and other is a musician, all they know that their hearts is beating as one and that’s enough for them. Nayoung thought everything is getting better but how wrong she was. Before Yeonjung accept her, she already warns she can promise forever because of the illness she carry since a child, heart disease. It was blessing that Yeonjung can go this far but God said other wish. When Nayoung at the age 25 and yeonjung at 21, she drop the bomb.

“Doctor said I only have 3 months.” Yeonjung said at one of the sunny day, where she and Nayoung go to the park, under the tree with Nayoung’s head on her lap. She can feel Nayoung hold her hand tighter still with her eyes close. She knew it’s hard for the older but they can’t do anything about it aside treatment that slowing the bad illness down. Yeonjung is not form rich family and it’s already a burdensome. Nayoung insist to help. She even sold her house and move to small flat just so she can help her lover. She will do anything for her. Until the time comes, Nayoung still didn’t want to accept that Yeonjung is gone. She drop out because she feel useless to persuade her doctor degree. Why she keep learning when she can’t even save her own girlfriend? She cried, she’s angry, why peoples she loves always leaves her. Her parents and then yeonjung. What did she do wrong to deserve this? She dwell this feelings for months until with the help of Yeonjung’s mom who deliver a letter that Yeonjung secretly write before her departure, saying that is was alright to be sad and mad, but it will not change anything that she (yeonjung) physically gone. She want Nayoung to remember that she always there, inside her heart and she hope Nayoung will continue live happily and keep remembering that Yeonjung always love her.

Weeks later, she starts to part timing again, standing up with both of her feet again, just to release her stress so she won’t gloom over Yeounjung’s dead and to buy her cozy house back. If that’s what Yeonjung want, she will full fill her promise.

-

Nayoung didn’t know when but she just stood up at the vast of ocean flower. The weather is clean and the wind is blowing nicely against her hair. She like this feeling. It was calm and serene. She let her feet bring her around the hill and enjoying the view. She smile as she touch the flower and when she look up, not far from where she stood, a girl with light brown hair, wearing white dress is back facing her.

“Hello miss?” She said as she tried to approach the girl. When she just couple steps behind, the girl turn around and smile brightly at her.

“Yeonjung?” in between her disbelief what she saw in front of her eyes, she still let her emotion win her and crash herself to the said girl who already holding her gently. It was real, she can feel the warm.

“I miss you.” Nayoung said as she cried.

“I am here, I just leave you for awhile and now you are being a cry baby?” Yeonjung tease. She pull away and wipe those tears.

“I won’t let you go anymore.” Nayoung said as she hug Yeonjung again.”

“You are not and I really appreciate that Nayoung unnie.” Nayoung really likes Yeounjung’s voice so much because it’s really shooting.

“I love you.” Nayoung said as she buried her head deeper on the younger’s shoulder.

“I love you too.”

“Then take me with you.”

“Nayoung unnie.” Yeonjung let go of their hug and look at the older worriedly.

“I tried Yeonjung, I really tried but it’s not working. I am tired of this and all I want it just to be with you.” Nayoung said with her small voice that made the younger girl lift her head and place a soft peck on her cheek.

“Don’t think something like that. Your life is wonderful Nayoung unnie. You promise not to think about being dead. Or I will be mad for real.” Yeonjung pout cause Nayoung chuckles.

“I did and still do. But I don’t want this to be end. I want to stay with you.” Yeonjung sigh softly before she lean up and gave a sweet kiss over Nayoung’s lips who desperately kiss her back with all cost before both let go and letting their forehead meet.

“You have to wake up now.”

-

Nayoung slowly open her eyes and was greet with cloudy fine day. She was lying down on the grass. Above her is a big tree and at the side where she lay down there is a tomb stone with someone’s name craft over there and a pretty young girl smiling back at her.

“Why you always tease me Yeounjung-ah? It’s because I rarely come here? I am sorry. I shouldn’t be slacking but it’s getting cold and winter is coming. Of course I have to cultivate my cute belly to cover my amazing abs that you always ogle.” Nayoung chuckle as she slowly sat up and lean her back against the tree.

“Tell you what? I meet this girl, months ago. Was 10, no, 12- Oh was that over a year? Anyway I met her at the festival that I took a part every year and she is so clumsy. She fall down just like that and I think she almost cried.” Nayoung reminisce when the first time they met. And then she also remember when Jieqiong at the other day suddenly cried hard because she was fall down for being excited to meet her cause her gave the younger piggy back to her house.

“My first impression to her, I thought she was a spoiled brat, she is still until now. But the thing is, she like doing crazy things. So impulsive and spontaneous. You are definitely better than her.” She told Yeonjung a lot about Jieqiong, from when she suddenly held a guerilla concert to buy her a necklace, jumping from balcony, and the craziest thing is when they have to fake purposing thing. As she talks, she played the ring that they use for the purpose. That fake ring, Jieqiong got it when she go to the thrift shop with Somi who need to buy Evelyn her birthday gift. An Ajumma was having a difficult time and Jieqiong, with kind heart she has, helping the older. And as for the reward, she gave one of her fanciest ring she sale to Jieqiong. The color is tarnish now but for some reason, Nayoung still wore it until now. She is slowing down her tale telling stories until she can help but tear up.

“Yeonjung-ah. It’s not supposed to be like this. I promise, we promise. But why? Why that kid is always messing with my mind? You are all I have and it’s enough. Our love is enough right? Answer me. Answer me so I know that I am not alone in this relationship. Tell me that you love me back. Tell me that you will never leave me like the way she said it like she mean it. Tell me that you want to spend the rest of your life together with me like she did. Please. Please. Please tell me so I won’t fall for her.

-

 

“jieqiong.”

“hey Jieqiong.”

“Yo earth to Chinese!” Jieiqong snap from her train though when someone pat her shoulder cause her look back and meet pairs of eyes looking worry at her.

“are you alright?” Mina ask while she look at her concern.

“Yeah. Just a bit tired.” Jieqiong gave a small smile that didn’t reach her eyes. It’s been like that since she came home from her hiding place and they know it went not well as they also notice Jieqiong never went out again with Nayoung. From what they heard from Chaeyeon, Nayoung also spacing out lately but she devotion for her work still amazing. It makes them worry at the duo this time.

“Come on we already arrive, Saem want us to meet at the main lobby.” With a small nodded Jieqiong follw them out from their mini bus. They are on their last trip together as a student. It was postpone because they had small hiccup for the permission so it got hold back until they are now freshmen in collage. Somi at the other hand will move to Canada for her future study but it won’t start until next summer, while Mina and Jieqiong attend the same collage that funds by their parents.

“Alright, everybody’s here? Okay so as you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter