Part 6

Part Time Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Finally, after she labeling herself as an adult on her birthday, getting kiss from her crush, party like adult, scoring many A’s on many subject,

“Demmm we’re old.”

“It’s graduating Somi, not old. We are young adult and that means we get our freedom.” Mina said as she fixed her tie. Jieqiong said nothing as she look at herself at the big mirror. She will miss this. She will miss when the time she will go around with her classmate. She will miss her teacher, her chair and table, her music class, the food, she will miss the time for skipping class, trying to be rebel but fail miserably and of course she will miss the time when she wear this uniform. She chuckle a little as she look at the edge of her skirt. There was a tiny hole on it and she insist her butler not to fix it. She got it when she met Nayoung for the first time when she fall down and the older came to rescue.

“That was creepy you know.” Jieqiong snap out from her trace and look at her friends grinning at her.

“Ah young love.” Mina tease while Somi making a gag act cause Jieqiong throw her pillow toward them. Of course she share everything with her best friends and she can help but blush as they keep teasing her about the hole for a week.

“And look at that cute stoney face, can’t wait till I tell Chaeyeon unnie. You guys are so cute.” Mina said as she tried to touch the bracelet but Jieqiong quickly pull her hand away. It was her second treasure after her uniform. The next day when she got her bracelet, she went straight to Somi’s house and bothering her nonstop, showing it to the still sleep girl and also video chat with Mina, bragging out of it.

 

 

-

 

 

“Are you nervous honey?” Jieqiong turn to her mother who is her hair. They are now at the aula for the graduation ceremony.

“No mom, I’m just looking for someone.” She said as she keep looking around hoping that someone is coming because she did mention that she will graduate today with specific time and seat. She even prepared an empty seat for her.

“It’s Nayoung isn’t it?”Her mother ask while she froze for second but nodded her head anyway. Of course she is her mother, she can see through her daughter and when she watch her daughter who is ogling the new comer that night, she then starts to understood why her little girl said that she will bring someone at her birthday. Nayoung was indeed beautiful, polite and smart. She was impressed when the girl save her guest that night and found out from Jieqiong she was once persuade a doctor degree. It just that she is a bit surprise about her daughter preference even though she know it will be happen because in this business world, gender is nothing, but power is. Again, that’s another thing to discuss with her husband later.

“I am sure she just caught up of something. She will come darling.” With hint of pink dust in her cheeks she nodded again and finally concentrates at the venue. She was a bit disappointed when her name was being called among ten students who will get the honor trophy because of their contribution and excellence in their academic, there is still no Nayoung.

It was when Jieqiong finish her speech, she saw someone with light baby blue blouse and white pencil skirt cautiously making her way with the help from the committee, seating at the already reserved seat just for her and not to forget to greet the Zhou’s.

“Jieqiong.” She can feel someone nudge her and it was Mina.

“The mic?” Jieqiong can only make and ‘o’ and quickly hand it to her best friend who start’s to delivered her own speech as one of the honor student as well. Her brain was no joke and Jieqiong really proud of her. But that another thing she care about. right now, all her eyes and mind only glue on Nayoung who also stare at her (maybe Mina but Jieqiong just being herself) and after all of the honor student finish their speech, Jieqiong hurriedly push her friends so they can go down and sit already.

“You late.”

“It was on purposed, because you will get distracted.” Nayoung said lightly as she keep her head straight, paying attention to the Principal talking something that Jieqiong don’t care about.

“What-“

“quiet, your teacher is speaking.” And that shut Jieqiong up with sulky face. Her vision on the floor got blocked by simple bucket of flowers and soft whisper of ‘congratulation’ cause her tried so hard not to showing her teeth.

 

 

-

 

 

It was pleasant noon where all of them having lunch to celebrate. It was garden party that Mrs.Zhou throw and it’s a personal party that just include Mina’s, Somi’s, Chaeyeon’s family, Chungha and of course Nayoung. Jieqiong felt worry all the time, afraid that Nayoung will not comfortable because their parents were a bit intimidating but to her surprise, Nayoung was talking comfortably with the elders and they even laugh at her jokes!

“She is really good at taking elders heart.” Jieqiong turn around to see Chaeyeon sat beside her. After they finish their lunch, Mrs. Zhou want them go straight to afternoon tea party and everyone agree in instant. Rich people with their party.

 

“She is charming you know. My mom adores her so much to the point I felt like I’m invincible for her. Back before I was set up with Mina, My mom insist that Nayoung unnie must be her future daughter-in-law. She even fights with Chungha’s dad for that. It was really comical.” Jieqiong widen her eyes. No wonder when the elders saw Nayoung, they immediately swarm around her and it’s like the party is for them only, not with the kids. Her family circle was really full of surprise. She of course love them all but for some reason, she felt jealous? She was bit jealous that everybody know Nayoung first (not include her parents) and then left her what? Clueless kid who had a huge crush toward mysterious Im Nayoung.

“Right. I am glad that I choose Mina, if not I will die young with your jealously.”

“What?”Jieqiong snap out from her trace and look at Chaeyeon once again.

“Your stare is a bit intimidating just now.” Chaeyeon chuckle and pat the younger’s head.

“Sorry unnie.”Feeling embarrassed, Jieqiong look down at the ground, suddenly the grass look so green and pretty.

“You really like her don’t you?” Well isn’t that obvious? Kid’s attend to look up for someone who is cool and that person Jieqiong look up is Im Nayoung who she almost didn’t get to spend her time with today because parents only want to talk to Nayoung and even her father push her away to play with the kids.

“She is so hard to approach. Aside when we just spend our times together, she rarely talks about herself. I do like her a lot and she also knows it. But it feels like she is playing with me or something. One time she is being sweet and another time she was like cold and harsh murderer. It’s confusing.” Jieqiong feel a bit ease when she have someone to talk to her confusing heart. She maybe not know Chaeyeon that long but she is friendly, mother like, and gentle. And she knew she can trust her.

“It’s because she just as confuse as you.” Jieqiong look up with questions on her face.

“Jieqiong, it’s not my place to say this but you must understand where she came from, what she had been through.”

”But how can I know all of that?”

“Chaeyeon! Your turn!” Chungha shout as they waiting for her to continue the weird game Somi created. She excuse herself for a drink before but it end up giving speed counseling to Jieqiong. So, she took her drink and with another hand, she pat Jieqiong’s shoulder.

“That. Only time Jieqiong, she will tell you when the time is right. But trust me, she didn’t mean any harm nor playing with you little heart. She is not that kind of person. You have my words.”

 

 

-

 

 

“You must visit often Nayoung, We have a great time with you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter