Bo-bo

Michaeng Stories

It was New Year’s Eve in the Son household and there were only a few minutes until the end of the year came and the new year began. 5 year old Son Chaeyoung was sitting in her room playing with her best friend 7 year old Myoui Mina.

 

It was last year when the two had met because of the friendship between their parents, both girls were shy at first but of course over time the girls became friends and now they were inseparable. Mina and Chaeyoung knew that a new year was starting and they were both happy to spend it with each other and their families at this party. It wasn’t often that the girls got to stay up past their bedtime and so they cherished the moments they were spending together.

 

The girls would always play games with each other like tag, hide and seek, cops and robbers etc. The girls would also do other activities with each other, Chaeyoung’s favorite was drawing Mina when she would practice her ballet likewise Mina’s was having Chaeyoung draw her as she did what she loved. Right now though the girls were playing house with their brothers.

 

“Mina you should play the mommy since you are so pretty!” Squealed Chaeyoung, Mina smiled and said “Okay! But who’s going to be the daddy?” The girls looked to their brothers to see who would volunteer for the job but neither of them stepped up for the challenge. In fact Mina’s brother looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

 

“I hate playing house! It’s no fun playing with you guys, I’m older and I want to play more grown up games!” He threw a fit and Chaeyoung’s younger brother watched as Chaeyoung started to cry, she loved to play house and was so upset that they won’t be able to. Mina’s brother panicked at the first sight of tears, and he ran out of the room to the party downstairs, leaving Mina and Chaeyoung’s brother to cheer up the sobbing Chaeyoung.

 

“Noona don’t cry! We can still play house!” He tugged at her shirt trying to stop the tears from rolling down her face. And she stopped crying for a second and looked at him.

 

“Are you going to play the daddy?” Chaeyoung’s brother didn’t answer because he didn’t want to play the dad but he didn’t want his sister crying either. “I-uh”

 

“Chaeyoung you could play the daddy!” The Son siblings turned to Mina who had a smile on her face. “And you could play the baby since you’re younger than us!” Mina said pointing to the boy.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t even think twice about it, why hadn’t she thought of it earlier? It was an easy solution and she would be more than happy to have her best friend as her pretend wife. Same went for Mina, she would much rather have the cute bubbly Chaeyoung be her pretend wife than her brother or the young boy.

 

“What do mommies and daddies even do?” The boy piped up. He looked up to the two older girls expecting a quick answer but he got two pondering looks from the both of them.

 

“Well I like when my mommy gives us food,” Chaeyoung replied looking to Mina. “My daddy goes to work and helps me with my homework.” Mina said “So should I get food and should you go to work?” Before Chaeyoung could say anything her brother ordered the two girls to do those two tasks.

 

“I’m the baby so you have to take care of me!” He smirked knowing full well how serious the girls got when it came to playing games. So Mina found herself running down the stairs to get food for her family and Chaeyoung rummaged through her things to find paper to draw on since the only job that came to mind was drawing.

 

Mina made her way through the crowd of people towering over her and she went to the kitchen to find Mrs. Son and her mom. Mina climbed onto her mom’s lap and waited patiently for the two women to acknowledge her, eventually it was Mrs. Son who called to Mina.

 

“Mina-yah honey what do need?” She perked up and faced Mrs. Son and spoke clearly “I need to get food for my husband and my baby so I can be a good mommy.” The two women laughed understanding that she was problem playing a game with the other kids and that she was tasked with bringing them snacks or something on that level.

 

“Mina-yah what do we say?” Her mom’s voice was heard now. She had to think for a second but remembered quickly what her mom was talking about.

 

“Please Mrs.Son!” After hearing Mina ask nicely, the two women got up to prepare the snacks for the kids. “What do you guys want to eat?” Mina thought about what her favorite food was but dismissed the idea when she remembered she was supposed to provide food that her family would also enjoy, specifically something that Chaeyoung would enjoy. “Strawberries!” Mrs. Son was relieved knowing it was a snack she had on hand because her daughter loved them so much. Mrs. Myoui and Mrs. Son cut up the strawberries for Mina and added other fruits and some vegetables while they were at it. They handed Mina the plate and sent her back upstairs to resume playing.

 

Meanwhile…

 

Chaeyoung was hard at work perfecting her drawing of her new family, while it was a crude picture of the three together, she made sure to illustrate that Mina and Chaeyoung were the parents in the drawing, they were holding hands since she didn’t know what else she could draw the two of them doing. Once she was finished she signed the back of the paper and hid it away so she could surprise Mina later. As if on cue the door to the room opened and in came Mina with a plate of food for the family.

 

“Mommy you’re back!” Chaeyoung’s brother got up to hug Mina and Mina patted him on the head and moved to Chaeyoung to give her a hug.

 

“I brought the snacks! Sit down so we can eat together.” Chaeyoung and her brother took a seat cross legged on the floor while Mina put down the pate and plopped herself next to Chaeyoung’s brother.

 

“My mommy sometimes feeds me so here, open up wide!” The small strawberry was acting as a plane while Mina made whirring noises into the boy’s mouth, who accepted it gladly. Chaeyoung though, looked somewhat unhappy that Mina was feeding the boy.

 

“How come you won’t feed me too?” She whined. Mina picked up another strawberry and brought it to the girl’s lips holding it up with a smile. “Open wide Chaeyoungie~” She grinned thinking that Mina is a good mom and an even better wife.

 

______________________________________________________________________________ 

 

 

More time passed while the kids were playing until Mina’s dad came into the room to call them down to celebrate with everyone else. The three children ran down the stairs together excited to see the countdown for the new year.

 

Mr. Myoui was holding Mina in his arms and Mr.Son had Chaeyoung on his shoulders high above his head. There was about fifteen seconds left of the New Year when everyone’s bellowing voices started counting down. Chaeyoung looked down to Mina who was smiling up at her counting with everyone else.

 

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

“Happy New Year!!!” The sounds of party horns and confetti poppers were going off and people cheered embracing each other wishing each other a happy new year. Chaeyoung watched from her dad’s shoulder all the smiles and laughter and noticed something else.

 

Her mom and dad shared a kiss, and so did Mina’s parents, and so did every other couple that was at this New Year’s party. Some just shared a peck and others stayed kissing for a few seconds before separating. How interesting.

 

Chaeyoung’s dad put her down from her shoulders and Mina was already on the ground waiting for her so they can start playing again. Once they turned their backs to go back up to

Chaeyoung’s room Mrs.Myoui called Mina back to her.

 

“Mina c’mon say bye to the Sons it’s time to go.” The young girl’s face fell, she obviously didn’t want to leave yet , she was still playing with Chaeyoung. She wanted to cry but she obeyed and gave Chaeyoung a hug goodbye and went to say her goodbyes and thanks to the Son parents. Chaeyoung noticed how sad Mina looked giving her a hug and knew she must have been looking forward to playing with Chaeyoung again. She decided to make a move.

 

“Mommy can Mina please stay for a sleepover?” Mrs.Son looked towards Mrs. Myoui and said “It’s not up to me honey, you should ask Mrs.Myoui if Mina can stay over.” Immediately both Mina and Chaeyoung turned to her with pouty lips and eyes that were begging for an okay. To their luck she agreed so long as Mina wouldn’t cause any trouble for the Son parents.

 

After giving her mom dad and brother a hug and kiss goodbye Mina raced Chaeyoung up to her room so they could prepare for bed. They wanted to continue playing but they were so tuckered out that they knew their games would have to wait until they woke up later in the day.

 

Once the two were done brushing their teeth and changing into some pyjamas they climbed into Chaeyoung’s bed which had more than enough room for both of them and waited for Chaeyoung’s parents to come and tuck them in, as was tradition whenever Mina stayed the night at their household. Once the couple did, Mina and Chaeyoung were left in the room with the night light on illuminating their faces slightly. All the two did was talk and they grew even more tired as the minutes passed but then Chaeyoung remembered something.

 

“Mina remember when we were playing the mommy and daddy?” She whispered the the sleepy eyed Mina. The older girl nodded since it happened just a while ago.

 

“There’s one thing we didn’t do that mommies and daddies do.” She spoke seriously and Mina was left confused as the small girl left her bed to a corner of the room.

 

She came back with the drawing she made earlier in hand and presented it to Mina.

 

“This is the work I did earlier when you got us food.” She gave the piece of paper to Mina and felt amazing when she saw the smile form on Mina’s face.

 

“It’s our family,” she said “It’s for you keep.”

 

Mina wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung and squeezed tightly muttering thank you’s to her since the two girls knew they should probably be asleep by now but Mina still had a question for her.

 

“What do moms and dads do that we didn’t?” She was curious to know what detail they could have missed.

 

“I noticed when the New Year came that everyone kissed each other, your mom and dad did, and so did mine. I just thought since we’re the mommy and daddy we should have kissed to.” Chaeyoung replied slightly disappointed that they didn’t truly fulfill their roles as the parents.

 

“We can still give each other a kiss if you want to Chaeng.” Mina was very willing to share a kiss with her friend, of course they have given each other kisses on their cheeks and foreheads before, how was giving a kiss on the lips any different?

 

Now both girls were sitting cross legged on the bed facing each other, ready to kiss like a real mom and dad. The two girls weren’t nervous at all and instead giggled at the fact that they were doing this, they stopped giggling though when their lips touched. It was for a split second but they were still proud of the fact that they completed their roles. They lied back down on the bed with smiles on their faces and curled up next to each other.

 

“Happy New Year Chaeng.”

 

“Happy New Year Mina.”

 

With those last words the two young girls fell asleep and dreamt of their happy family together, holding hands, and sharing a kiss.


Hey guys! Look!! I updated and a month hasn't passed! I hope you're all doing well and having a good day! I got inspired to write this in the middle of the night (last night) so I decided to right it as soon as possible and I hope you guys like it! I was thinking of continuing this chapter to show them when they're older and not children haha. Also!!! There's 75 subcribed now I think and I'm so thankful! It means a lot to have you all reading my stories because I don't know if they're any good or not so please let me know in the comments or message me but yeaahhhhh thanks a whole bunch for all of you. I try my best and will work harder to get more fics out and to improve my writing since I'm 100% sure that it could be better haha. Anyways please request, and tell me how I did for this chapter (and all the chapters) and let me know if I should make a part 2 for this chapter because I'm considering it!!!!!!!!! Alright, y'all have a rad now and have fun reading! -hyomoni

 

p.s I know a long time ago someone reqested a high school au and I'mhaving writer's block with that idea so leave any suggestions and it'll be greatly appreciated :) sorry if this chapter is trash