Bo-bo Pt.3

Michaeng Stories

Mina woke up bright and early excited for the day’s events. It had been about a year and a half since she last visited Kobe and she knew the perfect place to go and what the best foods to eat were. The group of friends were very fortunate to have a person who knew the city well show them some amazing spots to go to.

 

Part of the girl’s assignment for this trip was to learn about Japanese culture and so they had decided to get that part done with to make the most of the rest of their days in Japan, one of these places was the Ikuta Shrine. It was a historical building founded in 201. From what Mina told the rest of the girls, it was a peaceful place to learn some history about the country. When they arrived at the building they took many pictures and referred to Mina as their teacher, asking too many questions that sometimes Mina didn’t know the answer to but she was happy to share part of her culture with her friends.

 

“Mina-ssi, do you think that when we’re done here you can take us somewhere to party?” Jeongyeon asked, while she was grateful for the experience she was getting from this, she also wanted to go have some fun in the city. Mina didn’t know what to tell them, there were many places they could go but they wouldn’t be able to do them all in one day, there was just no time. But she quickly came up with an idea she was sure everyone was she to enjoy.

 

“How about Karaoke tonight?” Mina suggested. Immediately the girls were down for a night of singing and dancing with each other, it was a perfect idea.

 

After they left the Shrine, Mina had forced her friends to finish some of their work so the load wouldn’t be so great when they got back, she of course helped everyone with anything they had trouble on, which of course included Chaeyoung.

 

Nayeon didn’t let Mina know that she knew about her secret love for Chaeyoung, she didn’t want the girl to know she was accidentally eavesdropping on the private conversation. But she also wasn’t going to sit by and watch Mina struggle with keeping her composure in front on Chaeyoung. She silently thought of a plan for Chaeyoung to fall for Mina or for Mina to be courageous and let her feelings be known. Matchmaker Nayeon is on the case! She thought to herself.

 

While Mina was helping Chaeyoung and Tzuyu with their report Nayeon sat closer to Jihyo and whispered to her. “We gotta come up with a plan Jihyo, look at Mina she’s clearly not going to be able to confess to Chaeng herself.” Jihyo turned her head and heard Mina stumbling over her words when Chaeyoung looked her in the eyes. It’s worse than I thought. At first Jihyo just wanted to be emotional support for Mina, but seeing as the girl was in need of help, she didn’t hesitate to join Nayeon in her match making plan. They’d be doing everything in their power to put the two together.

 

After the girls had finished most of their work they started to get ready to go to the karaoke bar. Of course before they started singing they wanted to get some good food to eat, if there was one thing all of the girls knew they could understand, it was food. Momo had ordered for the group, she was most familiar with everyone’s tastes (especially since she always ate from their plates) and she was confident the girls would love what she ordered. Once the server brought out the tray of food all of the girls got very excited. There was a wide variety of sushi, some Japanese style ramen, and even Kobe beef. Momo got the hook ups.

 

“Don’t worry about paying you guys, it’s all on me.” Momo proudly said with a smile on her face.

 

“Yaah more like in you! The only reason you’re paying for it is so that you’ll have an excuse to eat it all!” Jeongyeon teased Momo as the Japanese girl’s face got red. She wasn’t lying.

 

While everyone ate Jihyo was writing down all the songs that the group would be singing, she suggested everyone sing their own song by themselves, some in pairs or trios, and of course to sing in one big group which is what everyone was most looking forward to.

 

“What song are you going to sing Unnie?” Came to Mina’s ears from Chaeyoung. She didn’t really think about what song she’d like to sing, she’d have to give it a thought while everyone else sang their songs.

 

“I’m not sure yet, what about you? Are you going to rap?” Chaeyoung shook her head and explained she’d be singing one of her favorite songs at the moment. Alone by Dalchong. The first person up though would be Sana singing the opening theme to Sailor Moon. What a classic.

 

Jeongyeon was next, Dahyun, Jihyo, Momo, Nayeon then Tzuyu, they all sang to merry songs that were uplifting but finally it was Chaeyoung’s turn. When she was handed the mic, she became a different person, exuding confidence while still sounding serene to the melancholic song. Mina was captivated to say the least, the other girls enjoyed her song too but Mina felt like she was at a concert and she was the only audience there, she stared at Chaeyoung until she finished the song and she knew exactly what she’d be singing.

 

The soft piano notes faded into the background and once it stopped completely everyone clapped at the small girl’s performance.

 

Mina stepped to the front of the room and selected the song she’d be singing. She Said by Toy. Mina started the song, her soft voice creating a different atmosphere from what Chaeyoung had presented. Mina was singing from her heart trying to express her feelings to deaf ears.

 

I think of you, I hate you, I like you

Are your days completely fine without me?

I, I, I like you

Why don’t you feel the same way?

Without me, without me, don’t be happy

Be happy, be well, I don’t like those words

Mina continued the song, but just barely, she was getting a little choked up but she sought comfort in the eyes of Jihyo. She sang with such passion all the other girls thought she was actually singing about someone, but they knew better, or so they thought. All 8 girls clapped loudly and cheered for when Mina set down the mic, Chaeyoung cheered the loudest.

Mina sat down a little shaky from literally pouring her emotions out into the song, she knew of course Chaeyoung would be too dense to get the message. That was okay for right now since Mina still didn’t know what she would do if Chaeyoung found out about her feelings. She watched as more of her friends stood up to sing, Jihyo Dahyun and Sana even decided to rap while Nayeon beatboxed for them… they still have some room for improvement. It was nearing closing time for the karaoke bar and the girls were all pretty tuckered out but since the night was still somewhat young Momo and Sana suggested to take a walk together around the city. Everyone agreed and Mina had no choice to go, Jihyo sensed her distress and stayed right by her side the whole time, Nayeon too once she noticed what Jihyo was doing.

Their plan was pretty simple. Just make Chaeyoung jealous! If she saw how much fun Mina was having without her, her romantic feelings for Mina (if she had any) would cause her to confront the older girl which meant Mina would just have to let the cat out of the bag! They worried though that if Mina knew about their plan she might stop them so they decided to keep it between them just in case. So here they were, in the way of Chaeyoung trying to get closer to Mina and Mina being completely oblivious to the situation.

They visited numerous stores and every time Chaeyoung would find something cute that she’d want to show Mina, Nayeon would drag her away saying “Minari there’s a cute toy that I want you to get me!” or “Mina come try this on with your unnie!”. At first Chaeyoung didn’t really notice, but after the 10th time of trying to get Mina’s attention and failing she started to get suspicious. Everyone else was paying attention to her, so why wasn’t Mina? Chaeyoung wondered if she was just being greedy but no, there was definitely a wall between her and her best friend, even Jihyo, the most fair and reasonable person in their group of friends seemed to be keeping her and Mina apart, but why? And more importantly why was she getting so jealous of her friends spending time with Mina?

“Hey dwarf, are you gonna pay for that so we can go?” Dahyun flicked Chaeyoung’s forehead in an attempt to get her attention. She was holding a penguin keychain in her hand, something Mina would have definitely loved if she took a second to pay attention to what she was trying to show her. She paid for it and stuffed the keychain her pocket, she thought about just talking to Mina about this but Mina wasn’t really at fault here was she? It was the others who were causing Mina to avoid her, maybe they were trying to take her best friend away from her. No, no that’s a childish thought. Wasn’t it?

“Chaeng are you alright? You look a little… tired.” Tzuyu asked worriedly, Chaeyoung looked up and turned her head towards Mina which made her blood boil. Jihyo and Nayeon clinging to Mina as if she was the only person they knew. That’s it. Chaeyoung marched up to Mina, Jihyo and Nayeon.

“Mina unnie can I talk to you for a second?” She noticed that Nayeon and Jihyo had no intention of removing themselves from Mina.

Just Mina Unnie please.” The cold tone of her voice surprised the older girls since Chaeyoung was never one to disrespect anyone. She pulled Mina away from the two girls and walked ahead of everyone else just to get her alone. As they walked off Nayeon and Jihyo were squealing because their plan was working.

The stars were out now and the cool night air that Mina tried to avoid, kept hitting her. She was curious as to why Chaeyoung acted like she did earlier, what did she even want to talk about? Chaeyoung’s hold on Mina didn’t loosen until they were far enough away from the others to not be heard.

“Did I do something wrong Mina?” Chaeyoung asked bluntly. Mina could only give her a puzzled expression. “Do what wrong exactly?”

“I don’t know you tell me, it seems like you’ve been trying to avoid me since we landed here,” Chaeyoung was growing irritated with her own thoughts “this whole night I’ve been trying to talk to you but it seems like Jihyo Unnie and Nayeon Unnie are your only friends.”

It was like a light switch went off in Mina’s head. Chaeyoung’s jealous. But what for? She already has her heart what more does she want from Mina? Mina became irritated too.

“I have other friends too, Chaeyoung, I don’t get why you’re getting so jealous. It’s not like we’re dating or anything.” Neither of the two girls knew where that came from but that didn’t stop them from raising their voices at each other.

“We’re not dating but I thought that maybe I’d get to talk to my best friend on this trip at least once.” Chaeyoung had venom in her words and they were starting to take a toll on Mina,

“I don’t get why you’re making a big deal out of this, I haven’t done anything wrong, you’re just having a tantrum over nothing!” She wanted to cry, her voice wavered but she didn’t know why she’s getting upset either though anytime she had an argument with anyone she would start to cry. Chaeyoung is her best friend and yet her emotions were getting in the way of having clear thoughts telling her there was no reason to be fighting.

“You’ve been acting weird for a while now Mina! I just want to know the reason behind this stupid behavior!”

After that last comment they were both silent, Mina because she didn’t know what to say and Chaeyoung because she didn’t mean what she said. She’d let her temper get the better of her and for what? Because Mina was spending time with her friends?

“I guess I’m just too stupid to know why I’m acting like this.” Her voice was flat with no tone or emotion and she looked away from Chaeyoung afraid that if her eyes met the latter’s she’d definitely cry. Chaeyoung was looking at her feet, she knew what she said was uncalled for and she was too ashamed to look up at Mina.

“I’m going back to the hotel, have fun and be safe.” Mina walked off without sparing Chaeyoung a glance, the latter was glued to where she was standing and couldn’t bring herself to stop Mina, instead she walked back to the other girls with her head low and mind wandering to Mina.

After the two left ,Jihyo and Nayeon suggested they spend what little time they had left of the night at a nearby cafe.“Where did Mina and Chaeyoung go?” Momo questioned, sipping her tea.

Jihyo and Nayeon looked at each other knowingly. “They just went out for a walk together, they’ll probably be back soon.” As Nayeon finished her sentence, it was Jeongyeon who noticed their younger friend coming towards them without Mina.

“Hey cub! Why the long face? And where’s Mina?” Nayeon and Jihyo were glad it was Sana who asked because they sensed that whatever conversation the two girls had together didn’t end well.

She wasn’t sure if she should say that they had gotten into an argument.

“Mina and I fought a little, she got upset with me and headed back to the hotel by herself.” Chaeyoung said it quietly she wasn’t sure if she could even hear herself, but the shrill voice of her friends reached her ears with no problems.

“Why would you let her go by herself this late!” Sana almost smacked Chaeyoung but the younger girl dodged her attacks and tried to defend herself while Jihyo dialed Mina’s number and dragged Nayeon with her back to the hotel.

“She didn’t want to stay with me what was I supposed to do? Tackle her to the ground?” Chaeyoung was angry that the blame was being placed on her because of Mina’s absence.

“Yes! Better you than some crazy person that could kidnap her!” Sana successfully landed a smack on Chaeyoung’s head knocking some sense into her. She didn’t think about the fact that Mina was alone at night. God dammit.

Mina heard her phone ringing for the third time and she knew very well it was her friends trying to get a hold of her but she didn’t want to talk to them. Not yet anyway. Of course she was hurt by Chaeyoung’s words but was she really wrong? She certainly felt stupid for falling for the younger girl in the first place, for yelling at her, for worrying her friends , for so much.

On her way back to the hotel in her own thoughts she didn’t notice a figure, well multiple figures trailing behind her. She held her thin cardigan closer to her since the air was getting colder, she complained under her breath about how she should have worn more layers until she felt a someone drape their coat over her shoulders. Startled she turned and almost screamed because she thought she was going to be kidnapped but she noticed that it was just a group of boys who came with them on the trip.

“Mina-ssi you should know better than to walk out here by yourself! Creepy guys could come and get you!” A boy with platinum blond hair threw his arm around Mina’s shoulder but it was another boy with brown hair and soft eyes that removed it.

“Bambam I’m sure that she’d rather have a creepy guy take her than have your arm around her for another second.” Mina giggled at Jackson’s remark and Bambam clutching his heart saying “ouch”.

The group of boys were part of the dance club and they called themselves “Got7” their group consisted of Mark, Jinyoung , Youngjae, Jaebum (who everyone called JB), Yugyeom, Jackson and of course Bambam. They were popular for the choreographies that they’d come up with by themselves and for the fact that they were the designated class clowns.

“Bambam has a point though Mina, nobody should walk by themselves when it’s this dark out. What are you doing by yourself anyway, where are your friends?” JB asked with concern.

She saw that the boys were genuinely worried for her but she didn’t want to be more of a burden. “I’m just out for a stroll you know, I was actually heading back to the hotel.” She was hoping that they would still want to be out and leave her but unfortunately Bambam offered to walk her back to the hotel to make sure she got there safely.

The rest of the boys left without much argument and bid the two goodnight. The walked in silence for a while, Mina’s mood lingering in the air until Bambam made jokes to bring a smile to her face. Mina appreciated that Bambam didn’t ask her what was wrong and instead tried to make her laugh, they eventually were nearing the hotel when Bambam’s voice became more serious.

“Mina can I talk to you for a second?” Those were the same ones that Chaeyoung used earlier, she wanted to call her and apologize for getting so angry but she wasn’t sure if the latter even wanted to talk to her.

“Of course Bambam.” She noticed that the boy had stopped walking and so she followed and waited for whatever it was that he was going to say.

He looked up at the night sky and the only thing he said was

The moon looks beautiful tonight

Mina knew in an instant what he wanted to talk about, she knew what this phrase meant and where Bambam was going with this conversation and she couldn’t believe that she had to stand there and deal with this whole thing.

Bambam was a nice and funny guy for sure but he was also known for all the flirting he does with everyone. He and Mina weren’t strangers at all, they’ve actually been friends since they started high school but they surely weren’t lovers or anything, she was surprised when he stepped closer to her and brought his hand to her face. She knew that he was going to kiss her, she saw his eyes staring at her lips and she thought briefly about how she dreamt multiple times of this situation but with Chaeyoung in Bambam’s place.

Mina knew this would be her first kiss and she wondered if she should even stop the boy in front of her. He’s a boy. He’ll love me. I’ll get over Chaeyoung eventually. Bambam wasn’t who she wanted to share this moment with but he was the next best thing wasn’t he? He leaned in and whispered Mina’s name before closing his eyes. Mina closed her eyes too and whispered

Chaeyoung.”

When she thought she’d feel the boy’s lips on her own, she felt the cool breeze hit her face. She opened her eyes and saw Bambam staring back at her.

“Chaeyoung huh?”

Mina wanted to run as far away as possible but she stood frozen in place.

“Don’t worry your secret's safe with me Mina.” He gave her a reassuring smile and she quietly thanked him while giving him a hug. Despite just being rejected the boy recovered quickly and offered that bit of support, her heart was still racing but she felt much better letting someone know who wasn’t her close friend.

“Now that I think about it, you guys would be a cute couple.” He ruffled Mina’s hair and walked her back to the hotel in comfortable silence where they found a group of girls waiting for them.

MINA!!!” Sana ran towards her friend and before giving her a bone crushing hug, she had given her a hard smack on her arm.

“Why weren’t you picking up our calls!? You had us worried sick!!” Sana was the most worried but Mina could tell all the others were concerned for her well being.

“Don’t worry Sana chan! Mina was safe with me.” The girls all turned to Bambam with his flirtatious hands wrapping around Mina’s waist , but it was only Mina who knew he was kidding. Chaeyoung should have been relieved that someone made sure to keep Mina safe, but right now all she felt was the jealousy she had when she saw Mina with Nayeon and Jihyo, well that jealousy amplified by at least 10. Bambam was grateful that looks couldn’t kill otherwise he’d be dead where he stood, how no one noticed the fury in the tiger’s eyes bewildered him so he excused himself before he felt that fury.

“I’d love to stay and chat some more but I should find the guys now, have a good night everyone!” He waved to each of the girls but allowed himself to give Mina a hug and ran off too scared to meet Chaeyoung’s eyes for a second time.

Sana and Dahyun had a teasing smile on their faces since Bambam had his arm around Mina and as soon as the boy had been out of earshot they starting asking questions like “Since when did you two get so friendly? Are you gonna see him again?” And Mina’s favorite comment “Our little Minari is growing up!” Sana and Dahyun worked diligently to get any information out of Mina but all she did was laugh and deny their accusations The uplifting mood worked to take Mina’s mind of off Chaeyoung for a second until Tzuyu’s voice spoke up.

“Hey where’d that small bean go?” They all turned around looking for Chaeyoung but found no trace of her. Instead of finding her they found Momo practically asleep against the wall of the room.

“Momo Unnie do you know where Chaeyoung went?” Tzuyu thought the girl was asleep and was going to shake her awake until Momo responded.

“She said she was tired and she was going up to the rooms first.” Momo let out a yawn “I think we should do the same and go up already, I’m really sleepy.”

“That’s because you ate your weight in ramen you dummy, but I guess you’re right we should get some sleep since tomorrow is our last day here.” Jeongyeon wrapped her arms around Momo in an attempt to lift her but failed miserably. All of the girls nodded in agreement but Mina, she was ready to go to bed but she wasn’t ready to face her problems yet, she wished she could just sleep them all away, and that was not realistic.

The girls all piled into the elevators and once they reached the floor they all went to their separate rooms. Mina stayed silent the whole way with Nayeon and Jihyo giving each other guilty looks, they still didn’t know the details of the fight between Mina and Chaeyoung and they were too afraid to ask.

They entered the room and plopped themselves down onto the beds, Nayeon and Jihyo on one and Mina with her thoughts on the other.

She replayed the day’s events in her head, she knew it was wrong to have yelled back at Chaeyoung but she also knew she deserved an apology from the younger girl, while she didn’t know why Nayeon and Jihyo had been acting so clingy she knew that she did nothing wrong.

Jihyo could see the way Mina’s nose scrunched up when she was thinking and the way her eyebrows furrowed every other minute or so, she felt guilty, she and Nayeon were probably the cause of their fight and yet here there were acting like the fight didn’t happen.

To: Im Nabongs

Should we let her know that we know about the fight?

She waited one minute.

From: Im Nabongs

Probably, should we also tell her that I know about her crush?

To: Im Nabongs

I’m sure it’s more than a crush at this point but yes we should

With heavy sighs Jihyo and Nayeon stood up and made their way to Mina’s bed to sit down. Mina didn’t even bat an eye when they lied down next to her, she was too deep into her thoughts to notice.

“Mina? Are you okay? Chaeyoung told us about the fight.” Jihyo was in her mother mode right now and was planning on comforting Mina if she saw even one tear leave her eye. Mina thought again. Am I okay?

“I don’t know.” She said plainly “I think she got jealous because I wasn’t spending time with her today, she said it seemed like the two of you were my only friends. I don’t understand why she got so jealous, she yelled at me because I was spending time with friends who weren’t her? I want to mad but I just can’t be angry with her.” Mina’s voice seemed frail but she didn’t seem like she was going to cry. “ She said ‘I just want to know the reason behind this stupid behavior” and I got upset and I walked off.” Mina had a tear threatening to escape but she held it in.

“Mina, I overheard your conversation with Jihyo last night and we wanted to help you out so we tried to make Chaeyoung jealous and that’s why we were acting so clingy we were just trying to help I’m so sorry please don’t hate us!” Nayeon’s guilt was eating at her so much she was ready to cry when she saw the sadness in Mina’s eyes.

She should be furious that they were meddling in her affairs with Chaeyoung, she should be upset because they didn’t even let her know the plan that they had, she should be livid knowing that these two girls were the cause of her fight with Chaeyoung but, she couldn’t bring herself to even frown at the two. It felt awful that she was in this situation but she felt a twinge of happiness that her friends thought she had a chance with the younger girl.

“You really thought that plan would work?”

Nayeon had known Mina for a number of years now, ever since she met her she felt an air of mysteriousness around her, a kind of dark personality is what she gave off. Even now in high school Nayeon still couldn’t tell what the girl was thinking and she was afraid to answer her question.

“We were hoping it would anyway…” Nayeon braced herself to be hit, yelled at ,anything that would harm her she was ready for but instead of getting a fist full of Mina’s anger she got a small smile from the girl. She looked towards Jihyo who was just as confused as she was.

“Thank you for thinking that plan would work but maybe next time tell me first okay?” Mina wasn’t mad, she actually felt cheerful. If those two saw something between her then maybe she actually had a chance with the cub.

“I’m going to apologize to her first thing in the morning and if she accepts it then I’ll confess my feelings for her, if not then I’ll confess anyway because what have I got to lose?”

Jihyo smiled but she couldn’t help but feel worried for Mina, she certainly didn’t want Mina to have a broken heart, which is exactly what she’ll have if Chaeyoung doesn’t accept her. She was hoping that they could maybe do a different plan, one that didn’t involve getting Chaeyoung as jealous as she was but something else.

“I have an idea!”


EVERYONE WHO LOVES TO SUFFER RAISE YOUR HAND BECAUSE ME TOO. I got a little excited and so here's another chapter! Let me know if it's kinda long because I think it is and also ????? I'm running on like 2 hours of sleep and 3 red bulls. 

Alright time to talk about this chapter haha. Obviously there will be a Bobo pt4, I'm not sure if a part 5 yet but we'll see how the story goes y'know. Also I'm super iffy about this chapter for some reason so if you don't like it let me know right now so I can fix it but if you do like it then hey thumbs up for me. Michaeng right now is a flop but don't worry! I promised happy endings for michaeng and that's exactly what y'all will get, I add angst (but honestly what am I doing with my writing man) to jazz up the story a little bit so please don't hate me :) If you do hate me I understand because I hate myself too.

And 98 subcribers guys??????? 98??? That's so wild! I remember when I first had 5 I was so excited and now there's 98 of you here? That must mean I'm doing something right, right? It's unreal tbh thank you to all of you subscribed and to all of you commenting and to all of you who have upvoted!

Now of course please comment what you guys think, any good or bad critisism is welcome here I won't cry too much y'know, leae any suggestions or reccomndations or requests down below and I will get to them no matter what! I love you guys and hope you have a good night! (morning/day depending on where you are in the world) I'm talking too much aren't I? Guess I'll end it here peace out y'all -hyohomie

p.s I still can't believe 98 of you???????????????? thanks so much you guys are too kind <3