Bo-bo Pt.4

Michaeng Stories

After seeing Bambam with his arm around Mina, after seeing Bambam’s coat around her shoulders and after seeing him hug her goodbye I lost it. What the hell was going on between them? Knowing Mina, she would have said something wouldn’t she? Apparently not.

Chaeyoung couldn’t stand hearing Sana and Dahyun asking anymore questions so she decided to just head up to her room to clear her mind. As she was making her way to the elevator Momo stopped her.

“Where are you going Chaengie?” Momo held onto her wrist to stop her from going anywhere else. Chaeyoung didn’t want to bother others with her problems so she came up with an excuse quickly.

“Ahh Unnie I’m tired, I was just gonna go to the rooms first.” Momo eyed her suspiciously but released Chaeyoung anyway.

“Alright then, but don’t get lost smol, you’re so tiny we might not be able to find you.” Momo shooed the younger girl away and leaned against the wall still listening to the insistent questions coming from Sana.

Chaeyoung closed the door behind her and made her way to the bathroom, she turned the water on to warm up while she got her shower supplies and clothes ready. She undressed and tried to let the steam from the water relax her. She thought about what she said to Mina, and what Mina said back to her.

“I have other friends too, Chaeyoung, I don’t get why you’re getting so jealous. It’s not like we’re dating or anything.”

She couldn’t figure out why that statement had bothered her so much, she just knew that it hurt her a lot, they weren’t dating or anything so she had no reason to be hurt, it makes no sense. I’m going crazy. Chaeyoung thought to herself. She remembers the surprise in Mina’s eyes when she yelled at her, along with the pain that followed, she never wanted to see that look again. Even if Mina was in the wrong, she felt like the worst person in the world when Mina acted cold towards her, she decided to just ask for her forgiveness. She knew she was wrong and she’ll put aside her pride if it meant Mina would forgive her.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard a banging on the door of the bathroom.

“Yah Son Chaeyoung, you alright in there?” It was Sana, she could recognize the shrill voice anywhere.

“Yeah I’ll be out in a second!” Chaeyoung sighed and turned the water off, she wasn’t sure how she’d apologize to Mina so she was going to seek the help of a trusted friend

*ring ring* *ring ring*

“Yah Chaeyoung this better be important I was about to fall asleep” over the speaker of the phone Chaeyoung could hear the whiny voice of Tzuyu.

“It’s very important Tzu, I need your wise guidance.” Often times when Chaeyoung had a problem but didn’t want to burden Mina with it, she seeked advice from Tzuyu who seemed wiser beyond her years. Once after referring to Tzuyu as her mentor, Tzuyu had gained the nickname “Tzuyoda”, making only Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon laugh hysterically.

“What did you do this time chingu?” She could hear how sleepy she had sounded on the other line but she needed help now.

“I really hurt Mina’s feelings and I just want to make it up to her.” Chaeyoung was biting her thumbnail nervously.

“That’s stupid.” Tzuyu said bluntly.

“Yahhh Tzuyu you’re supposed to be helping me not insulting me.”

“Well you’re being pretty dumb right now Chaeng, how long have you and Mina even been friends? Ninety percent of your life? And you think she’d stay upset with you forever? Just say you’re sorry dummy.”

“It can’t be that simple Tzu.”

Tzuyu could only sigh, “Chaeyoung. Think. Use that brain of your for one second. It’s Mina, she’s a fluff ball, she couldn’t be mad at her best friend for more than a few days. Mina Myoui, she waddles around like a penguin and she cried tears of happiness when she was given a bottle of ketchup for Christmas last year. I’m sure your apology will mean the world to her and she’ll forgive you in a second. Can I go to sleep now?”

Before she could even reply to Tzuyu the call ended and she groaned in frustration. Tzuyu was probably right, Mina was a forgiving person, even when she didn’t need to be.

She didn’t know how long she sat there, phone in hand, just thinking about her older friend but it must have been a lot longer than she thought because when she did check the time it showed her it was already midnight. She picked herself up off of the floor and slumped down onto her

lone bed, she was glad that Sana and Dahyun were sharing the bed tonight because she tossed and turned all night long thinking of Mina and what she must be feeling right now.

***

Everything’s okay Mina, everything’s fine, everything's gonna be okay.

She repeated this to herself in her head and nervously played with her fingers. Nayeon and Jihyo had only been up for about 5 minutes but Mina was up for an hour now, stressing over nothing. She stopped playing with her hands when she felt Nayeon’s hand give her shoulder a reassuring squeeze. The way her oldest friend looked at her made her believe everything was going to be okay.

It was Nayeon who came up with the idea, this time it was going for a direct approach. To just come right out and say it, after apologizing of course. She muttered it to herself knowing that it wasn’t reaching anyone’s ears but her own.

“I love you Chaeyoung, more than a friend.”

That was all she was going to say, that was all she could say really. She wasn’t going to make a speech to try and make the younger girl reciprocate her feelings, she wasn’t going to bring her any gifts to persuade her, she was just going with the idea that if Chaeyoung did like her, she’d be more than okay with Mina’s words.

Of course the world wasn’t going to let her do it soon, Jihyo had told her Sana, Dahyun and Chaeyoung had gone out for breakfast by themselves and weren’t coming back until around 11 o’clock. It was decided that the group of friends would go out and do flower watching to celebrate the end of their trip.

Mina was excited to say the least when she heard the news, she hadn’t been flower watching in Japan since she was a little girl. Even though she frequently visited the country it was during the winter time when the cherry blossom trees weren’t blooming.

Mina’s earliest memory of the blossoms was with her family. She could remember the look of happiness of her mother’s face when she told her that she was flower viewing when Mina’s dad had first approached her.

“He was so handsome that day Minari, I still remember the cheesy pick up line he had used to get my number out of me.”

Mina’s father smirked while wrapping his arm around his wife.

“You loved it! You swooned when I told you it!”

Mina begged her mom to tell her.

“He walked over to me holding a cherry blossom in his hand delicately and looked me straight in the eye and said ‘I was just showing the cherry blossom how beautiful you are.’”

Mina smiled as she heard the joyous laughter coming from her mom and dad, she wished one day she’d be able to be happy with someone like her parents were with each other.

“I’m telling you Mina, your mother’s cheeks were as pink as the cherry blossom I was holding.”

Mina giggled as she was picked up by her dad.

“One day Minari, someone is going to find you more beautiful than any cherry blossom out there.”

He smiled, intending it be taken as meaningful but little Mina took it as her own dad didn’t find her as pretty as the flower, this had earned him a light smack from his wife for successfully making Mina pout.

Thinking about it now, she had always had a person to make her laugh and smile, it was Chaeyoung. She smiled to herself at the thought of Chaeyoung using a pick up line on anyone, let alone her, the younger girl would probably give herself a pat on the back if she came up with something like her father had used.

The eggs on her plate were left untouched by Mina, she wasn’t in the mood to eat really, more just in the mood to see Chaeyoung.

“Minari are you going to finish that?” The second ‘no’ left , her food was already in Momo’s mouth. “Fanks Mina” She knew they should have went to breakfast with just the three of them instead of having Momo Jeongyeon and Tzuyu tag along.

Jeongyeon and Nayeon were in their own world as Jihyo wiped leftover ketchup from Momo’s face like a mother cleaning up after her child.

Mina looked up from her empty plate and met Tzuyu’s eyes. Even though the Taiwanese girl was only a few months younger than Chaeyoung, Mina could still find herself being intimidated by the beautiful girl. Her gaze lingered on Mina and Mina soon figured out that Tzuyu wanted to talk to her.

Why does everybody want to speak with me in private, it never brings about good things.

She excused herself and Tzuyu to the restroom, Nayeon and Jeongyeon barely heard her and waved her off while Jihyo eyed her curiously and Momo helped herself to the youngest girl’s plate.

As soon as they entered the bathroom Tzuyu spoke.

“Are you going to forgive Chaeyoung?”

The thought hadn’t even occurred to her that Chaeyoung would be hung up over the situation.

“She called me last night worked up over nothing. I told her that you’d forgive her since the two of you are best friends. I just wanted to know if I was right or not.”

Like most times, Tzuyu was right on the dot.

“I’m assuming she called you asking what she should do to apologize?”

Tzuyu nodded her head.

“I’ll forgive her no matter what, I love her too much to stay mad at her.” Tzuyu smiled but she overlooked the deeper meaning behind Mina’s words.

“Let’s go finish breakfast.”

“It’s funny that you think breakfast will still be there even though Momo is with us.”

“A girl can dream can’t she Mina?”

***

Chaeyoung munched noisily on her toast while Sana and Dahyun talked.

C’mon brain, think of things, c’mon brain think of things, c’mon brain be so smart

“-young-ah Chae. CHAE. SON CHAEYOUNG.” It wasn’t until Chaeyoung got flicked in the forehead that she realized her unnies were trying to get her attention.

“You ready to go yet dwarf? We have to meet the others at the park in an hour so we could have the perfect view.”

“Oh yeah! Sorry, I’m done let’s get going.” Sana noticed that Chaeyoung wasn’t her usual self today, she seemed a bit more reserved and in her thoughts. She hadn’t even yelled at her dubu for calling her a dwarf! So being the good unnie that Sana was, she wanted to get to the bottom of Chaeyoung’s troubles.

Chaeyoung, lost in her reverie. Didn’t notice that on their walk to the park Sana and Dahyun stopped in front of an ice cream parlor.

“Seriously guys we just had breakfast can’t you wait?”

“I can! Sana said the coconut ice cream was calling out to her though, and since she paid for breakfast I don’t want to argue.” Sana had a guilty smile on her face and walked into the parlor leaving Dahyun and Chaeyoung outside.

Chaeyoung was still thinking about her confrontation with Mina so she sat down on a nearby park bench while Dahyun ran off saying something about birds, she wasn’t quite paying attention. She only sat for a minute or two until Sana took a seat very close to her.

“So tell me what’s on your mind young bean.”

“Do you have to call me young bean?”

“Seems more fitting than dwarf or Chae Young Money in my opinion, but that’s not what we’re here to talk about. You kinda just seem a bit off lately, and as your friend it’s my duty to help you overcome the obstacles in your life. So we’ll sit here in silence for hours or we’ll sit here coming up with solutions. Besides, Dahyun looks likes she’s enjoying herself over there.”

Across the street from the two girls on the bench was Dahyun doing her famous eagle dance very slowly, near a flock of birds. The odd girl was probably trying to make friends.

“It’s nothing really unnie, I just wanted to apologize to Mina about what I said to her, but I’m feeling a bit nervous. What if she doesn’t forgive me? What if she doesn’t even want to talk to me? Or what if she accepts my apology but she treats me like less of a friend because I called her stupid? What-” Chaeyoung’s questions came out faster and faster but Sana stopped her with a finger to her lips.

“Chaeyoung, I know you’re small but your brain can’t be that small.”

Why must everyone make an idiot out of me?

Why did you call her stupid in the first place, what did she say to you?”

Chaeyoung explained to Sana in detail the events that happened last night, including what led to their argument. She decided against telling the older girl about her confusing feelings regarding the not dating comment Mina made.

“Chaeng, this all just sounds like you’re a jealous girlfriend or something.”

At the sound of girlfriend Chaeyoung almost choked on nothing. It was weird being referred to as Mina’s girlfriend, best friend definitely, but girlfriend?

“I’m sure Tzuyu was right, Mina is too soft to be angry. I bet she understands that you two were too heated to say anything and actually mean it. Besides you girls have shared too many memories to just throw away like that. And if she does, you have your unnies here to give you all the attention you want Chaengie.” Sana cooed and pinched the younger girl’s cheek. “Now let’s get Dahyunnie and leave before she decides to go live with the birds.” Sana left the bench first with Chaeyoung trailing slowly behind her.

She appreciated that she could lean on her older friends’ shoulders for support if she needed it but… she wanted Mina. That home like feeling she got when she was around her, the soothing words and actions, the entire presence Mina gave her.

As friends though.

Right?


I had work for almost ten hours, have only slept for about 30 minutes and cried twice today but GUESS WHAT? I updated! Tell me what you guys think of the chapter because I literally chose this over sleep, and I have to be up in about 3 and a half hours hahahahahahhaHHKillmehahabhahaga. Also if you find any mistakes I'm sorry it's because I don't like to proofread. And I don't like to proofread because I know I'll just be too hard on myself and end up deleting everything so yee that's the sacrifice here you guys. (also I'm tired please give me a free bee this time around) 

But okay quick talk for a second? I know I'm not the BEST author, far from it actually but. Wowowow guys. like really wowzer. There's 141 of you guys subscribed? That's about 282 eyeballs reading this right now.(maybe not this second but collectively at least 282 eyeballs over time) That's such a crazy concept to me! I never expected to have this many! So thank you for subscribing and thank you for all your lovely comments! It really motivates me because I like reading your opinions on these stories (especially bo bo because you guys seem to really like it so far).

Lastly, and as always, please leave comments about what you think of the story so far! What do you think will happen in the next chapter? Your guess is as good as mine man, haha jk but leave any critisim down below too! That's always welcome as well! Please subscribe and if you upvote that would be great too! If you have any requests. ANY. Like really dudes, any ideas or prompts or requests or anything. Please let me know because I'd be more than happy to write what you guys want instead of the trash I come up with. I must go now, but I hope you guys have a good night (or morning or day, depending on wherever you are) and have happy reading! Love y'all -hyomoni