Bo-bo Pt.2

Michaeng Stories

10 Years later

 

Mina and Chaeyoung were now 18 and 16 years old, despite the age difference and the school year gap that they shared, they were still after all these years the best of friends but throughout their friendship the two girls grew up to have different interests.

 

Mina still loved ballet after all these years; dancing for Chaeyoung too, she was always so passionate about her skill. Everybody could tell that Mina was a graceful and elegant person so she had her ballet lessons to thank for that. She also loved to play video games, Elsword was her favorite even if Chaeyoung and her other friends about it, they were just jealous because she could beat them at any video game. When she didn’t spend her time practicing ballet or playing video games Mina loved to learn, whether it was school work, random facts about the world or skills that she could apply in her everyday life Mina would always be up for the challenge to better herself much to the envy of her friends who were too lazy to even think about half the things Mina does.

 

And Chaeyoung has her own interests too, drawing, for instance. It’s like she picked up a pencil and paper when she was young and never put them down. Sure at first they were stick figures and messily drawn shapes but now she had a distinct style that she only shared with her closest friends, Mina was always honored when Chaeyoung shared her drawings. Her other passion besides drawing was music and anything related to it, she immersed herself in the melodic sounds of pianos, drums, guitars, trumpets and anything else you could think of. Music captivated Chaeyoung; she took a liking to even writing her own lyrics. At first she only performed them for Mina but with the encouragement from her best friend she shared them with her other friends and grew more and more confident.

 

Yes these two girls were the best of friends since they were just kids but it was about a year ago when Mina had grown feelings for the other.

 

Mina realized she had a crush on the younger girl when Chaeyoung was brave enough to show their group of friends her very first rap. Everything was all good and well, Chaeyoung was relaxed when performing her rap and the rest of the members seemed to actually enjoy what the young girl made, but it was Jihyo that crawled under Mina’s skin. Chaeyoung had finished and was waiting for the response of the 7 other girls, they cheered for her claiming it was far better than anything they were expecting and the ever so supportive Jihyo had said with her loud voice

 

“CHAEYOUNG-AH WILL YOU MARRY ME??”

 

Immediately the short girl had a blush on her cheeks and thanked her friends shyly for being so nice. But Mina felt jealousy when she saw that Jihyo made her blush. She had no idea why she felt that but she knew she didn’t appreciate that Chaeyoung’s face reddened because of Jihyo. More incidents like this happened, Nayeon would ask Chaeyoung for a kiss, Sana would wrap her arms around the small girl and nuzzle her face into Chaeyoung’s neck, or Jihyo would make comments to make Chaeyoung blush , Mina soon figured out the reason behind her jealous attitude was because she wanted to do that for Chaeyoung. She felt scared, when did this happen exactly? Why did she have to develop feeling for her best friend? Surely that would ruin their friendship if Chaeyoung were to ever find out, so Mina tucked away her feelings in the deepest part of her mind and locked it away. She was perfectly happy to have the younger girl as her best friend, she’d just have to deal with these feelings for a little bit, is what Mina told herself.  

 

That ‘little bit’ of time hasn’t gone away, if anything it’s just given her feelings time to grow.

 

What bothered Mina most was that she had never been attracted to anyone in her life besides Chaeyoung, even if she never felt that romantic or physical attraction to a boy or girl, she wasn’t stupid and was able to put the pieces together. What if she lives her life harboring feelings for Chaeyoung and is never able to move on? What if Chaeyoung did miraculously like girls? How could she be sure it would be her that Chaeyoung likes? Mina didn’t want to think about all these things but she couldn’t help herself, with Chaeyoung being her best friend, and their families being close friends, the girls were together all the time. Mina would just have to figure these things out another time in her life.

 

Right now she was with the source of all her confusion, and the rest of her friends talking about the school trip coming up that they would all be able to go on. In their high school all 9 girls were taking the Japanese language class, of course all of them in different levels since some were native speakers and some were… struggling... to say the least. Fortunately Mina, Momo,and Sana helped with the subject and assisted in raising the grades of their friends. Bless their hearts. Each of the girls were excited to visit Japan and even more excited to try out all the good foods the country had to offer.

 

“Alright ladies! Our teacher said we needed to elect one representative for each group to be responsible for us when we’re in Japan.” Jihyo looked at the girls in front of her thinking of the best way to split up the girls so in Japan they wouldn’t run into any complications.

 

“How about Mina, Momo, and Sana be the leaders of the groups so that way we’ll all be with someone who knows what they’re talking about?” Dahyun made a point.

 

Mina couldn’t care less about who she ended up with, so long as that person wasn’t Chaeyoung.  

Everyone agreed with Dahyun, to be fair they decided to draw names and whose ever name was called first got to pick what group they’d be in. The first name drawn was Jihyo and to Mina’s luck she was picked by the older girl. One more spot to go, 5 people left, luck be on my side please. But as luck would have it, Tzuyu Jeongyeon and Dahyun had picked Momo and Sana respectively the only two left were Nayeon and Chaeyoung. It wouldn’t be awful to have the younger girl be part of her group but Mina wanted to figure out her feelings for Chaeyoung soon and she couldn’t do that if Chaeyoung was around her constantly. The next name drawn was Nayeon.

 

It was now or never, Nayeon could pick Sana to leave Mina with a girl she was pining over or Nayeon could pick Mina and Chaeyoung would have no other option than to be with Sana. She looked to the eyes of Nayeon and sent her a pleading look.

 

“I pick….. Minari!!!” Naeyon waddled over to Mina and Jihyo while Sana wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung welcoming her to her group with Dahyun.

 

“I bet you wanted to be with Chaeyoung huh Mina? Too bad I want you all for myself~” Nayeon didn’t let her hands leave Mina’s waist and Mina thought she noticed Chaeyoung look towards the pair but it must’ve just been in her head.

 

Later Chaeyoung was over at Mina’s house talking about the trip and packing for the few days they’d be spending there.The girls were organizing Mina’s things in silence until Chaeyoung spoke.

 

“I was hoping to be in your group Minari, but Nayeonnie got to you first… who did you want in your group?”

 

Where the heck was this coming from? What kind of question was this?

 

“You know I can’t pick favorites in our group Chaeyoung.” Was all Mina could think to reply.

 

“Can’t you just say me to make me happy? Chaeyoung said with a grin “You helped me with my coursework I just thought that you should be the one to help me in Japan too.”

 

She chuckled brushing the subject off as if it were nothing. But it wasn’t nothing. Did Chaeyoung want Mina to actually say her? Or was she just playing around? It was instances like these that confused Mina even more, before she had realized her feelings Mina would have brushed it off as well, but now she would dwell on the subject into the early hours of the morning. The girls continued getting things ready until Chaeyoung had to return home, and when she left Mina fell straight asleep knowing the first thing on her mind when she wakes up would be Son Chaeyoung.

 

 

It was the day that the girls would be leaving for their trip to Japan, their parents dropped them off and some even stayed to make sure that everyone got onto the plane safely and on time. The teacher called the classes to form their groups and to make sure that they had everything they needed before boarding the plane. Many students were excited since it would be their first times to Japan, and for others, their first time on a plane, and that included Chaeyoung who was shaking in her seat.

 

Dear Lord, I promise I’ll do better in school and be nicer to my brother and I’ll even stop making jokes even if they are actually fun and I-

“Are you alright Chaeyoung?” Chaeyoung’s ears perked up at the sound of Mina’s soothing voice but that didn’t stop her from being nervous.

 

“I’m just a little scared to fly is all, do I seem a bit anxious?”

 

She looked at Mina chuckle and take the seat next to her.

 

“Just a tad, but don’t worry I’ll be by your side the whole time so you have nothing to worry about.” The reassuring squeeze of Mina’s hand was enough to calm her down, it was going to be a short flight so she should be okay for now.

 

The plane was scheduled to depart at 8:45, everyone was done boarding and so now they were just waiting for the plane to actually go. Chaeyoung was in the aisle seat while Mina took the window seat to make her feel less anxious about being up so high. In the middle of a conversation Chaeyoung heard the overhead speakers and the pilots saying they were now ready for take off. She was almost going to hyperventilate until Mina again held her hand tightly. She said everything would be fine, so it’ll be fine. She trusted Mina more than anyone so she buckled the belt and closed her eyes as she felt the wheels of the plane come off the ground, when she opened her eyes she found Mina with a smirk on her face.

 

“I told you you had nothing to worry about.” Chaeyoung smiled feeling much better now that she was in the sky, just a two hour flight and they would reach their destination. Somewhere in the early minutes of the flight though she felt a weight on her shoulder, she turned and found Mina peacefully asleep with one of her hands still intertwined with her own. She decided she didn’t really need Mina to be awake to calm her down so she let the girl get some rest and tried her best to not wake Mina up and to find herself a comfortable position sit in. She was growing tired too, Chaeyoung soon realized. I think I’ll take a nap too, something to pass the time. Chaeyoung plugged in her headphones and let the soft sounds of the music lull her to sleep, and she fell asleep with her head resting on Mina’s and her hand still grasping what she found comfort in.

 

 

When Mina woke up it was because of the pilots on the overhead telling everybody to get their seat belts back on if they didn’t already. Seems like we’re here Mina thought to herself. She turned her body and realized that Chaeyoung’s hand was still in hers, and what’s worse is that Chaeyoung was sleeping on her too. Gosh dangit I was just trying to make sure she felt safe. She really didn’t want to wake the younger girl up but the plane was getting its wheels on the ground and so they’d need to leave soon.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah,” Mina whispered into her ear “wake up, we’re here Chaeng.” The sound of Mina’s voice brought Chaeyoung out of dreamland and into reality.

 

Chaeyoung yawned and stretched her body, “We’re here?” All right let’s go!” She was definitely ready to get off this plane. Mina watched as Chaeyoung grabbed their overhead bags and

followed the stewardess out of the plane with an eagerness to get to their hotel soon.

 

The since the hotel was quite a distance from the airport, the classes decided to split up into groups and catch a taxi to the hotel and meet there, which meant Mina and Chaeyoung would be separated. MIna was thankful for that time she got away from the small girl, and she was even more thankful when she was told that the class would be staying in Kobe. She was ecstatic to know that she would be in a familiar place and be able to show her friends wonderful parts of the city that she visits often. While they were in the taxi on their way to the hotel, Mina let her mind wander to Chaeyoung and what she would think of the city and Mina seemed aloof again.

 

“Mina is there something wrong? You seem kinda in your head.” Jihyo had whispered. The mother like figure could always sense when one of her friends was troubled with something and she always made a point to address it privately instead of in front of everyone.

 

“Is there anything you want to tell me Mina?”

 

She thought about it for a moment, maybe she should get it off her chest rather than ignoring the blatant truth about her feelings. Not now but probably very soon.

 

“I’ll tell you when we’re alone. Thank you.” Mina smiled knowing that Jihyo truly cared about her well being and she felt comfortable with Jihyo being the person she tells her feelings to, maybe she could even give some advice for her situation.

 

“Guys look we’re here!” Nayeon tapped on their knees excitedly and pointed to the hotel the girls would be staying in for the next few days. The teacher checked each girl in, informing them they’d be staying with their groupmates the duration of their trip, if they wanted to switch spots they would have to figure it out amongst themselves. Afterwards the teacher let them know that their curfew is 11:00 p.m sharp. Right now it was 8:30 and so the girls got some free time to explore near the hotel or get some extra sleep, Nayeon Jihyo and Mina decided that they’d be doing the latter.

 

On their way up Chaeyoung had stopped Mina, “Unnie, why don’t you come with Sana Dahyun and I to take a walk?” Mina really wanted to go, she wanted so badly to spend this trip with Chaeyoung but a part of her was saying, Mina you know you’ll just be sad later don’t do it. “Chaeyoung I’d love to..” the younger girl’s face brightened, “but Jihyo Nayeon and I are going to get some rest, maybe tomorrow okay?” Chaeyoung’s face fell. Mina said no?

 

The Japanese girl continued to the elevator with her group leaving Chaeyoung in the lobby of the hotel. Chaeyoung couldn’t remember the last time Mina said no to her at a request to hang out, and they were in Japan for crying out loud! When was the next time that they’d get an opportunity like this? She wasn’t mad but confused maybe? She wasn’t sure what she was really feeling, oh well she’d just have to enjoy her walk with Sana and Dahyun without Mina.

 

Once the trio got to their hotel room Nayeon announced she’d be showering first which Jihyo and Mina happily agreed to. The sound of the water running was the only thing Mina heard besides her own steady breathing. Why are you doing this to me Chaeyoung? She was lying down on the bed in her thoughts when she felt Jihyo move next to her.

 

“Are we gonna talk about what’s been on your mind recently?” JIhyo questioned in a low voice. She moved closer to Mina and waited until her friend was ready to say whatever it was she needed to say. How should she say this? I think I’m gay please help with these feelings? What do you do when you fall in love with your best friend? What am I gonna do if the person I love ends up hating me?

 

“I think I love Chaeyoung.” It sounded as if she was whispering it to herself but she was fully aware of Jihyo’s presence.

 

Jihyo didn’t know what to say, one of her closest friends was facing a problem that she didn’t have a solution to. Jihyo was very much the mom of the group and the girls would come to them with problems for Jihyo to help with, which she always did but this? What exactly could she do?

 

“Oh.” Was the only response Jihyo could give. The girls sat in silence. Instead of trying to come up with something, she decided to listen to Mina.

 

“When did you find this out?” Jihyo asked.

 

“I don’t know, I guess a year ago is when I first noticed something. It was just a bunch of small things, I’ve known her for so long that it just took me a while to realize that it was a crush. I was so dumb and I thought it would go away but, Jihyo-ah, I just, the feelings grew and I know it’s more than just a crush now. I’m so scared that if she finds out she’ll hate me and never want to see me again.”

 

Just the thought of their friendship ending broke Mina’s heart. Mina was Chaeyoung’s best friend since before she was even walking, they were there for each other’s first day of school, and even through all the small arguments the girls got into, they wouldn’t leave each other’s side. But she didn’t want all that to go away, she couldn’t let that go away.

 

“You’re not even going to consider telling her?” Jihyo asked. “I think that you should at least think about it, who knows maybe she might have feelings for you to?”

 

Mina was thinking of a response but Nayeon had finally come out of the bathroom.

“Alright Mina your turn!” Nayeon’s hair fell around her face and she ushered Mina into the bathroom with her things. Once Mina was in the bathroom and Jihyo and Nayeon were alone in the hotel room Nayeon sat herself down on the bed and pulled out her phone sending a text. Jihyo heard the familiar ding of her phone indicating that she received a message, but since most of her friends were here on the trip with her who could it be?

 

From: Im Nabongs

What are we gonna do about Mina and Chaeyoung?

 

JIhyo sat there looking dumbfounded at her phone. Was she talking that loud with Mina? She heard the ding of her phone again.

 

From: Im Nabongs

You guys talked like you wanted me to hear, plus these walls are paper thin. Be careful next time.

 

Dammit.


Hey guys! This is Bo-bo pt.2! I really hope you like it, this is the first 7 and a half pages of the rest of the story so I'm not sure if there's gonna be a part 4 or not? Probably if I continue the story the way I want to, but yeah enjoy reading this chapter! I wonder what's gonna happen next to the michaeng couple ;) I'd love to hear your guesses but if you don't want to share your ideas that's alright lol. Also I know I uploaded just a few hours ago but I decided that I should share part of what I have and that;s why this chapter is out! Please tell me what you guys think and remember you can always request something and I'll probably do it! I love you guys please have a good night (It's about to be 7:45 so it's nightime for me anyway) peace out yo! -hyohomie