Good Person

Michaeng Stories

What happened today?

It seems like you were crying,

Did he hurt your heart?

To me, you are the most precious person in the world

Mina POV

I walk along side you in the park, it is truly a beautiful day, the sun is shining, you could hear the laughter of children enjoying their time at the playground and the sky is so blue you could almost get lost in it. The one flaw with today though, is that the world doesn't get to see your toothy grin and bright eyes; what the world is given is a look of disappointment and sadness.

I move closer to you and clasp your hand in mine, it is painful to know how well they fit together and that the warmth of your hands will be short lived.

"Chaeng... Are you ready to talk yet?" I ask , you look everywhere but at me to avoid my gaze so you could hide the fact that a tear had escaped your eyes, as you look away from me I feel your hand hold mine a bit tighter. It pains me to see your playful personality not present and replaced with a dull version of yourself, I won't push you to talk to me , I know you will when you're good and ready. Instead I hold your hand as tightly as your hold mine and continue our walk in the park.  

I held out a cup of vending machine coffee

Into which I put my feelings that I had been hiding.

We keep walking in silence for what feels like hours it's not awkward but more comforting than anything. I have to admit that I still feel uneasy around a sad Chaeyoung so I look at our surroundings to see if I can find something to cheer up up even if it's just a little bit. I slow my pace and spot our favorite place to spend time together. A local coffee shop.

"Chaeng wait here"

I reluctantly let go of your hand and make my way towards the entrance of the coffee shop but not before turning back to you and watching as you take a seat at the outside tables while putting your head down.

I quickly walk to the display of pastries and sweets that are so sickly sweet that "Just looking at them could give you a cavity!" as so eloquently put by Chaeyoung.

I don't even need to look at the menu to know what drink Chaeyoung likes best, it's actually a pre bottled drink that doesn't taste too bitter even for being a strong coffee. I'm hoping that by getting you coffee and a strawberry pastry you'll be happy enough to give me even a small smile. I pay for both and take a seat across from you and place the two items infront of your head which is still down. You look up at me and then the coffee and pastry and give me the first smile I've seen from you all day.

"Thank you. Unnie, you are such a good person" You sink your teeth into the food and hum in delight while reaching over the table two intwine our hands I'm glad your eyes are closed and that you're enjoying what I got for you, I can't help but smile.

I wait until you are done eating to take you home where I was hoping you'd invite me in to talk about whatever is going on in that head of yours. Unsurprisingly we make our way to your room and you lie your head down on my lap. You're looking at the ceiling in deep thought and I wait playing with strands of your hair. Eventually your eyes fall on a photo of me you and Sana. It was a photo of when the two of you had first met years ago.

I wonder if you remember the day my friend came to our school

And teased us saying that "You two look like a couple"

You laughed and I stayed up all night.

" Mina!!!!!!" I hear a loud voice coming from behind me I turn around just in time for Sana to tackle me into an aggressive hug.

"Hi Sana.. Long time no see." I manage to breathe out. Sana looks over my shoulder to find you with a nervous smile standing awkwardly waiting to be addressed.

"You must be Son Chaeyoung!! Mina tells me about you aaaaalllllllllllllllll the time! You look even prettier than she says you are!!!!!" Sana finally releases her hold on me but you are chosen as her next victim of bone-crushing hugs.

"Tha-thank you Sana unnie! I hear a lot about you too it's nice to finally meet you!" You manage to say. When Sana finally does release you, you stand next to me for protection and link your arm to mine, although this doesn't go unnoticed by Sana.

She so far has been the only person to know of my feelings for you which is both relieving and worrying at the same time, she takes this as an opportunity to tease me.

"You two look so cute together! I'm so jealous I just know that Chaengie treats you well Mina!" I blush at that comment but you don't see and instead laugh at Sana's statement.

"Of course! Mina unnie is my best friend, she means the world to me!"

My heart melts but I know I am only a friend to you which is okay because I at least get to have your presence in my life.

"Mina you better be treating Chaengie well! Chaeng if my Mina here ever lets you go or doesn't treat you how you should be then you just let unnie know and I'll set her straight!"

The two of you continue teasing me, you got along perfectly.

"Mina unnie you weren't upset with us that day were you? We kind of picked on your for a long time." worry was evident in your voice. I don't think I could ever be upset with you.

If you smile I'm happy

Even though you say it's a joke

The days I waited for you

The nights I missed you

My heart is too full of happiness.

"Of course I wasn't upset, besides I teased you about your height for the rest of the day anyway so we're even." I chuckle at the memory of you trying to defend yourself even though the whole world knows you are as short as an elf.

"Neomuhae! You know I'm sensitive about my height unnie!"

We laugh comfortably and continue teasing each other until we're blanketed by silence again. I decide to wait until I ask again just to make sure you're not being rushed the last thing I want is for you to be unhappy about something that has to do with me.

"Chaeng, are you ready to talk yet?"

I ask you not knowing if you'd tell me or not so I waited until you decided to speak.

"It's about Yugyeom, he's very upset with me about something he shouldn't be and he hasn't talked to me since we fought about it the other night."

Yugyeom is not a stranger to me, I know very well of him. The day you met him, the times he'd tag along on our hang out days, the days when his hugs started lasting longer than usual along with you reciprocating those hugs. And most importantly the day I found out that you were Yugyeom's girlfriend because it was on my birthday.

I wonder if you knew my feelings that day

When our friends who knew us well gathered together

You introduced me to your boyfriend who came to pick you up for you were drunk

On my birthday.........

"Mina unnnieeee!! Happy birthday!!!" You s your arms around my neck and gave me a quick hug.

"Thanks Chaengie.... wait a minute, Chaeng are you drunk right now?"

I pulled you closer to me to get a better look.Your eyes were slightly glazed over and your hair was slightly disheveled and your breath smelled of alcohol.

"Mina unnie please don't be mad at me! It was Jeongyeon who gave it to me!

You pleaded with me as I snapped my head back to see Jeongyeon handing out shots, beer bottles and cups of Soju.

"Jeongyeon I understand you want to drink to celebrate but did you really have to get Chaeyoung drunk too?"

"Aww Mina relax! Chae's fine! She likes it and besides she took a whole bottle of Soju! You should be congratulating her for not being a light weight like you! Just let the no jam have a bit of fun at your party.

I feel uneasy with an unsupervised Chaeyoung wandering around, I don't care that she can still stand on her own, she could get herself hurt in this kind of state .

"I don't want her to be drinking any alcohol, no Soju, no shots, no beers. Absolutely no alcohol of any kind, do you understand me Son Chaeyoung?"

You don't make eye contact with me but you say

"I just wanted to wish Mina unnie a good birthday because she means a lot to me."

I panic, I hear a voice crack and I don't know what to do to stop your crying.

"Chaeng I'm not mad or upset with you I care about my no jam too much to be upset with you, I just want you to be careful and get some rest, so come upstairs with me ."

I grab your wrist to pull you towards my room but you don't move an inch. In fact you're moving in the opposite direction from which people are coming in

"Hi baby!"

I freeze, I don't know what to say to the fact that I had to witness Yugyeom kiss you on the lips when I turned around.

" I heard she had a little too much to drink and so I came to drop her off home."

I'm speechless "Make sure she gets home safe then " There was no 'happy birthday Mina! Yugyeom and I here are a thing now' or "sorry to interrupt your party but Chaeyoung's drunk and we gotta go." Not even a "Hey Mina head's up I forgot to tell you about us'

I don't do anything else but run into my room lock the door and cry. I only let Sana in because she was the only one who knows what's going on, she witnessed that scene play out right infront me. She informs everyone I had a little too much to drink and that I just needed to go to bed early is all. But I don't know what to do.

I wake up late in the early afternoon to 30 missed calls from you and at least 20 messages just from the night before. I still wasn't upset with you, I could never be , I wasn't upset that I cried for hours while at my own birthday party, I wasn't upset when I found 7 hung over girls and a mess of  beer cans and Soju bottles scattered across my house , I wasn't even upset at the fact that you never told me you were with him. I am only upset at the fact that I will never be him, and I will never be good enough for you.

Looking at him beside you

Thinking that I can't be compared to him

I feel like I'm getting smaller

What I can only say is "please take care of her"

"He just gets extremely jealous and he gets mad at me easily, I don't know how to fix this unnie."

Even though I still hurt from not being what you need, if Yugyeom is what you need I'll do what I can to help you guys be okay. You're crying silently and I jist want to see that smile back on your face as soon as possible.

"Call him over here and talk things out Chaeng."

You look at me with disbelief , so I reach for your phone and text Yugyeom telling him to meet you at your house right now, luckily he responds saying that he'll be right over. Even though I'll be alone, I'll be okay , having you in my life is more than enough and I'm selfish for thinking that maybe someday we'd be able to be something beautiful but that is only a dream long forgotten.

I see how anxiously you wait outside for him to meet you, I watch from your window as he approaches you calmly but with slight anger in his steps. I can't hear either of you at all but I can tell it's not going very well don't know whether or not I should intervene so I wait for the right moment to come out to talk . Another 5 minutes passes and the two of you seemed calmer but not happy. You hug him and with every second that passes with you in his arms I feel myself breaking more and more. You come inside and excuse yourself to the bathroom so I take this opportunity to leave while I still have myself together and not a sobbing mess. I actually didn't see Yugyeom standing on your porch still.

"I'm sorry Yugyeom-ah i didn't know you were still here!"

He stares at me blankly with envy in his eyes

"Yugyeom.... Are you okay?"

He walks off leaving me on the porch but before I lose complete sight of him he calls out to me

"Please take care of her Mina"

I'm left confused but even more so when I feel the warmth of your hands again but this time I feel you welcoming me more into your arms and I smile too widely for something as simple as that. You and Yugyeom Might have just broken up and I'm celebrating in my head. I didn't realize you were dragging me back into your house but I was left the most confused when I saw a smile on your face too.

"What happened Chae?"

You looked down at your feet then back up to look me right in my eyes

"I broke up with Yugyeom."

".... I'm sorry Chaeng, I.. know you loved him very much....." I wish it wasn't true but I saw the way you looked at him and the way you kissed him it was him all along and now I might not get to see your smile for a long time because of something I still didn't know the reason to.

"I'm not, and no, I didn't."

At this point I was wondering if this was some weird dream because you and Yugyeom were broken up and now I felt a warm strawberry flavored pressure on lips. It was you. It was your pair of soft lips meeting mine, your hands pulling me closer by the waist and your hair I was tangling in my hands as I was getting lost in this sensation. This has to be a dream. I felt you pull away to breathe and I was in daze, my hands were around your neck still and your hands had found their way to my backside keeping me from escaping your hold. You hugged me and whispered into the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry Mina, I've wanted you for years now I had to take this chance." Your voice was low and you ,for the third time today, couldn't meet my gaze.

I gently lifted your head to meet my eyes and I saw adoration in them.

"I love you Mina unnie, it's always been you."

This time it was my pair of lips that found yours and my hands that held you closer to me.

"I love you too Chaeyoung, I've always loved you."

 


 

wassup guys it's the author here! So this is my first ever story and here you are reading it . I'm really hoping that it's not absolute trash because I spent 500 years of my life on this so pls support me but yeah if there are any changes or corrections please tell me! I know this is garbage so you telling me things to make it better will not hurt me!!!!! I want the criticism!! There are like 30 of you guys subscribed so I better get a message saying "hey maybe next time do this instead of this or consider taking out this part because of blah blah blah!" I would really appreciate it because how am I to get better if I don't know y'know ! Also sorry for a late upload, I actually had a conference from Saturday to Last night so sorry for that long wait but yeah if you want to request something tell me and i got you fam! I will do it because I have 0000 Ideas!!!!!!! This fic was based of the song Good Person By Toy AND IF U HAVEN'T HEARD MINA SING IT GO RIGHT NOW PLEASE it's like my favorite song. But yeah, thank you for reading and subscribing please leave requests and comments on how to make it better thank you for reading!!!!!!!! -homiehyomoni