Letters

Michaeng Stories

Chaeyoung walked through the crowds of people in the mall with Tzuyu and Dahyun trailing behind the small girl. She practically begged their manager to let the girls go gift shopping for Mina after school, after hearing the rapper’s pleas for 15 minutes they had finally relented and gave the trio 2 hours to pick out a gift before they went back home.

 

“We’re already got Mina gifts though, why do you want to go and get her another?” Dahyun was dragging her feet and wondering why the younger girl needed so badly to go shopping.

 

“Is Chaeyoungie finally confessing to her Unnie? You want to impress her don’t you?” Tzuyu teased Chaeyoung ruffling her hair playfully. She smacked her hand away and scowled at her.

 

“I am not confessing to anyone, I don’t know what you’re talking about, I just want Mina to have a good birthday.” Chaeyoung walked ahead of the girls attempting to hide her blush from the members.

 

“Then why did you almost cry when our manager said no the first time you asked to come here.” Dahyun asked with a serious look and tone, Chaeyoung kept silent, how was she supposed to defend herself against that?

 

“Thought so, now what did you even want to get her?” Tzuyu asked “We’ve been walking in this mall for 30 minutes and all we’ve done is window shopped.”

 

“I don’t know I just know it has to perfect.” Chaeyoung continued looking through the windows of the shops trying to spot something that she knew Mina would love. While she was lost in thought Dahyun piped up.

 

“That girl’s in love with you, I’m sure if you gave her a spoon she’d praise you as if it were the best thing in the world.” Chaeyoung looked at her like she was an idiot.

 

“She’s not lying, I’m surprised she hasn’t confessed to you yet, you make it so obvious that you like her. Get her something that only you could get for her.” Tzuyu added. But what’s something that only Chaeyoung could give her. She had to think, fast too since the girls realized they only had an hour left before they had to leave, and they still didn’t have any good ideas yet.

 

“Why not cook for her?” Dahyun proposed, thinking about food.

 

“Are you crazy? Do you want her to burn down the house?” Besides when we have the party there will be food already there.” Tzuyu had reminded her

 

“Well I don’t hear you coming up with any bright ideas!” Dahyun yelled at Tzuyu provoking her.

 

“I’m trying to come up with something that isn’t stupid, unlike you!” Tzuyu leaned over the table to get into Dahyun’s face. Chaeyoung watched as the girls bickered and didn’t worry to much about them since they always make up after getting into arguments like that.

 

She sat between the two girls thinking of gifts that Mina would love. She didn’t know when it happened but she remembered vividly one day her heart beating a little faster when Mina was close to her, the way Mina’s voice became her favorite sound, and feeling warm inside whenever the older girl talked to her. Somewhere between her meeting Mina and now, she had grown feelings for her, feelings that she didn’t have for the rest of the members.

 

Many nights she would find herself writing letters to Mina expressing all her thoughts and emotions , but not a single letter was ever sent to Mina. Chaeyoung had developed a collection of drawings of Mina and letters starting with “Dear Mina Unnie” and ending with “Love Chaeyoung”, she kept them in a box hidden under her bed that was covered with her and her roommate’s belongings. She didn’t have the guts to tell Mina that she liked her, she didn’t know if she ever would. All Chaeyoung really knew was that she valued her relationship with Mina, and while she would be left heartbroken she was willing to conceal her feelings to have Mina stay on her life.

 

Tzuyu and Dahyun brought her out of her thoughts when she saw their hands waving wildly in front of her face.

 

“What do you think?” Dahyun asked. Chaeyoung blushed, she wasn’t listening to a single thing the two girls were saying. “My god you didn’t hear our idea did you?” Tzuyu sighed.

 

“So here’s the plan, since you’re so good at drawing and what not you’re gonna create something beautiful for her, you’re going to buy plain white shoes and fabric markers so she’ll have her own-one-of-a-kind pair of shoes designed by none other than Son Chaeyoung! Also get her a teddy bear or something to be wearing the shoes and write her a card that has meaning to it.” Dahyun seemed excited about the idea and was waiting for Chaeyoung to give her a response.

 

“Also get her a bottle of Ketchup.” Tzuyu added.

 

“That’s a great idea, thanks you guys.” Chaeyoung stood up to go to the nearest shoe store while she made Dahyun and Tzuyu find fabric markers. She was excited to see the look on Mina’s face when she gives her the gift.

 

Once she found Mina’s shoe size she paid for the sneakers and called Tzuyu and Dahyun to know if they had found the markers yet.

 

“We’re getting them now, since you got the shoes go look for a plushie or something while you wait for us.”

 

She hung up and began her search for a plush that would make Mina smile. She entered a toy shop asking the clerk if they had anything similar to what she wanted. They led her to large

section of the store that had mountains of bears, pigs, chicks and other animals but none of them seemed quite right to her, until she spotted a light blue penguin and a lion cub.

 

What a coincidence.

 

She paid for the two plushies and made her way to entrance of the mall dolls and shoes in hand. She spotted the two members and their manager waiting for her. They left the mall and made their way home to prepare for Mina’s birthday the next day.

 

When she entered the dorm she was welcomed with the scent of dinner being made. She was sure it was Mina who was cooking.

 

Along with Mina’s ability to cook, Chaeyoung found that MIna had an endless list of things that she loved. She was a great dancer and an even better singer, Mina was passionate and was a caring person to everyone, she was shy and that led to Mina having a quiet but soothing voice that Chaeyoung never get tired of, while her aegyo wasn’t on the same level of Jihyo’s she would still find ways to be the cutest person in the room. Maybe it was the way that her guns showed when she smiled, or that despite her 11 years of ballet she would still walk like a penguin, Chaeyoung thought that maybe it was the way Mina would tuck hair behind her ear shyly or away from her face with a smile and natural blush on her cheeks. The list really was endless.

 

She made her way to the kitchen where she knew Mina would be by herself because the only other member who knew how to cook well was Jihyo but she was out for a few more hours. She smiled when she saw Mina with an apron tied around her waist, recipe in hand and wooden spoon in the other. Whatever was in the pot in front of Mina smelled heavenly.

 

“It’s ginger chicken soup in case you were wondering, it’s been a bit chilly and I thought we needed something to warm our tummies.” Mina smiled at Chaeyoung who stood in the kitchen watching Mina contently.

 

“Come here, you can be the first to taste it, just don’t tell the other members because they’ll get jealous.” Mina giggled bringing a spoonful of the soup up or Chaeyoung to taste.

 

It might be that the soup is still hot or that Mina is spoon feeding Chaeyoung with a shy smile on her face but something about this moment makes Chaeyoung warm all over, to top it off Mina wiped Chaeyoung’s face after getting a bit of broth on her chin.

 

“It’s delicious Unnie.” Chaeyoung tried her best to look away from Mina because she knew she’d be blushing.

 

She left to the maknae’s room to begin her work on Mina’s present. She decided to leave the card until later and that the design on the shoes themselves took first priority. She knew she wanted to draw something that only related to Mina and Chaeyoung on the shoes but what really  

were her options on a pair of small sneakers? She thought long and hard, trying to find inspiration in anything , anything. She even left the room just to stare into the room Mina shared with the other members, trying her best to think of something. What if the customized shoes idea turned into shambles, what would she do then? She trudged back to her room and lied down, staring at the shoes, mocking her. Then she turned to the two plushies she bought today, they were next to each other and she smiled wishing that she had the courage to tell Mina her feelings.

 

The penguin and the cub.

 

The penguin and the cub.

 

The penguin and the cub.

 

‘I’m such an idiot’ Chaeyoung thought to herself with newfound inspiration. SHe hopped off her bed and got to work on the shoes. She was going to decorate the shoes with drawings of the penguin and the cub, she knew it would be quite obvious what the two represented.

 

She drew them playing in a field of flowers , the two star gazing , blowing bubbles but her favorite of all the small doodles had the be the penguin back hugging the cub. If Chaeyoung were being honest, Chaeyoung loved having Mina’s arms wrapped around her waist and Mina’s chin resting on her shoulder, Mina was soft warm and inviting, she especially liked Mina playing with her hair.  

 

“I’m so gay oh my god.” Chaeyoung muttered to herself, or at least thought she did until she heard laughter trying to be held in.

 

“Not as gay as Momo Unnie, though her true love is food so can be wrong.” Chaeyoung whipped her head up to face Tzuyu grinning. “I see it’s going well smol.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled satisfied with the cute drawings on the shoes, she placed them back in their box and moved to their desk to write her card for Mina. The letters she wrote to Mina were written at night so why should this time be any different.

 

Dear Mina

Happy Birthday! I hope all your wishes come true today

And that you enjoy each of your presents.

Today is all about you, you’re one of my closest friends and

If you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask

I appreciate all that you do for me,

I’m so lucky to have you in my life

I Love You Unnie!

-Chaeyoungie

P.S I hope you like your gift from me

 

While the words on the card weren’t all that Chaeyoung wanted to say, it was all she could say and so she put the card in an envelope and set each gift next to each other. It was already pretty late so she decided to go to bed, and that night she dreamt of back hugs and soft lips.

 

Chaeyoung woke up to 7 members shaking her violently and whispering to her “Hurry up Chaeyoung we have to go sing happy birthday to Mina!!!!” Hearing those words got Chaeyoung up faster than any earthquake would. The 8 girls stealthily tiptoed into the shared room and crowded around Mina’s bed. On Jihyo’s count everyone started to sing.

 

It was crazy how Mina woke up without looking like a crusty mess, Chaeyoung and the others looked like they just rolled out of bed but Mina was staring at them with a beautiful smile, cute messy bedhead hair and a some stuffed animals snuggled close to her. She’ll be getting two more very soon. All the members dog piled on Mina giving her tight hugs and a kiss. Mina was laughing and thanking everyone for the birthday wishes. But immediately Nayeon told Mina she needed to get dressed since their manager would be taking her out while the rest of the members would prepare for her party.

 

Jihyo being the leader had each task planned out for the members.

 

“Sana,Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, you will be in charge of getting the cake and cupcakes.

Chaeyoung, Momo and I will get all the party decorations.

Nayeon, Dahyun start cleaning up the dorm and preparing the snacks. GO.”

 

All the members scrambled into their groups and headed out of the door to get what they needed. Chaeyoung was walking aimlessly around the store holding onto the basket that Jihyo and Momo kept adding to. She was pretty nervous about her present, yesterday she had been so confident, but right now she had a million thoughts running through her head. She continued shopping with Jihyo and Momo until Sana Tzuyu and Jeongyeon walked into the store cupcakes and cake in hand asking if they had all they needed. Once everyone was ready to go the six of them walked back to their dorm and was welcomed to a clean everything and none of the food was burnt or destroyed. Everyone had a job to do whether it was putting up streamers, putting out the food, finding the lighter for the candles or signing the group’s birthday card to Mina, everyone had busy hands.

 

Chaeyoung was signing her name on the card and gave it a kiss when they heard the front door opening and the sound of Mina’s voice.

 

“I’m here!” Mina looked around at the members still fiddling with the last of the decorations. “What are you doing?” Everyone dropped what they were doing to go and cover Mina’s eyes from what she already got a glimpse of. Tzuyu and Chaeyoung lit the candles and held it in front of the birthday girl. Jihyo had slipped a party hat on her head and removed her hands from her eyes. A loud ‘Happy Birthday!’ could be heard from every inch of the dorm. Mina smiled thanking everyone again for all they’d done for her.

 

All the girls danced and sang their day away, eating , but not drinking, taking pictures and having a good time with each other. They had almost forgotten about their gifts , Mina got jewelry, clothes, a new pair of headphones a new phone case and now she was just waiting on Chaeyoung’s gift. Before Sargeant Jihyo ordered them out of the house Chaeyoung set Mina’s gift on her bed, the penguin and cub were snuggled together with the penguin wearing Mina’s new sneakers and the cub was left holding onto the envelope which contained Chaeyoung’s card.

 

“Mina Unnie I put your gift on your bed.” Chaeyoung said with a shy smile. Mina rose from her spot on the couch while all the other members were busy talking to each other. Chaeyoung sw Mina enter her room and she waited for her to come out and tell her what she thought about the gifts, but Mina didn’t come out. Eventually Sana entered the room and came straight back out claiming that Mina looked like she was crying.

 

“Why is she crying I thought we planned a pretty good birthday for her” Momo pouted and Jihyo added to her statement “Do you think we did something wrong? Why don’t one of us go check on her.”


As if on cue Tzuyu and Dahyun had volunteered Chaeyoung to go check on the older girl. She obeyed, wondering what it was that made Mina so upset. She knocked on the door to the shared room.

 

“Mina Unnie, it’s Chaeyoung…” silence “I’m coming in”

 

Chaeyoung walked into the room and saw Mina wearing the sneakers already, and clutching the cub plush with the penguin next to her. Mina looked up.

 

“Did you mean all that you write Chaeyoung?”

 

She froze. Of course she meant what she wrote, why wouldn’t she? Is that seriously what got Mina so worked up?

 

“Yes?”

 

“Every word?”

 

“Well yeah of course.”

 

Mina’s red face looked down at the piece of paper in her hand. She stood up with it and walked towards Chaeyoung. That’s when the younger girl noticed that the card she wrote was left unopened on Mina’s bed, what was Mina talking ab- oh no.

 

Before Chaeyoung could open to ask Mina what she had read she felt Mina’s arms hug her tightly and Mina whispering into her ear.

 

“I love you too Chaeyoung, this is the best gift you could have ever gotten me. Thank you.”

 

She felt Mina place a kiss on her cheek and then her lips. She felt her face heat up.

 

“Mina what did you read?” The older girl looked at her confused.

 

“It’s a letter from you to me, isn’t this your handwriting?”

 

Chaeyoung looked down at the paper in her hand and recognized that it was in fact her hand writing.

 

“Will you read it out loud for me?” Chaeyoung almost choked on air at the request but the way that Mina looked at her with adoration in her eyes, how could she say no?

 

“Dear Mina

Saranghaeyo

Ai eru

Te Amo

Wo Ai Ni

Je t’aime

I love you.

There’s a million ways to show my love for you, one of which is just telling you with my words but I’m too much of a coward to tell you that to your face. I hope you’ll forgive me for not finding the strength to say all this to your face but I’m so hopelessly in love with you.

I can’t say it but I hope my actions show it, I want one day to be able to hold your hand and tell people that you’re my girlfriend. That we’re meant for each other.

It because of the way that you hold me close to you

It’s because you stay by my side no matter what

It’s because your smile lights up the room and my world.

I promise I’d give up anything to be the one to put a smile on your face like you do to me

I must instead watch close by as you fall for someone who isn’t me one day and pretend to be happy for you. I learned from loving you that it’s both a blessing and a curse to give your all to somebody, even if they don’t know they have every piece of you.

I love every piece of you. Your stunning smile, your chocolate brown eyes that I could stay lost in, your soft hair that adds an air of mystery around you. The way you get shy when people compliment you, like your cute mole on your nose for example. Your ability to be graceful and penguin like at the same time, all of you is what I’m in love with. The one secret I can’t share with you is the one I want to tell you the most.

You’re beautiful, amazing; all the possibilities of us being together live in my heart mind and soul, and they’ll stay there until I get the courage to say

“I Love You”

Love Chaeyoung”

 

Chaeyoung almost forgot she was reading this out loud to Mina but her sniffling was a give-away.  

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

The younger girl couldn’t meet Mina’s gaze, she just confessed all she felt for her and she had no idea what she was going to say.

 

“Can I kiss you?” Oh

 

“Only if I can kiss you too.” Chaeyoung said it with uncertainty, the love of her life just asked her if she could kiss her. Like. It happened right there, Mina wanted to kiss Chaeyoung.

 

“I don’t know why you’re asking if you stole one from me earlier anyway.” Mina blushed at that.

 

“I just wanted you to know I felt the same way about you.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled, too happy for words to express, “You can kiss me whenever you want.”

 

Mina smiled and cupped Chaeyoung’s face with her hands and tilted her head coming closer and closer to her lips. Not knowing what to do with her hands in the moment, Chaeyoung placed one on Mina’s waist and another on her lower back. She prayed that this moment lasted a while. But it was useless because the girls were startled by 7 members falling over each other at the door.  

 

The members stared at Mina and Chaeyoung being flustered because they were caught eavesdropping.

 

“You can thank me now and later Chaeyoung.” Dahyun blurted.

 

“Did you put the letter on Mina’s bed?” Chaeyoung questioned

 

Before Chaeyoung could yell at her she got up and ran away yelling “It was Tzuyu’s idea!”

 

Chaeyoung and Mina laughed , happy to have these girls as their members.


heyyy guys it's been a month since I've uploaded and I'm soooooooooooooooooo sorry about that. I was writing a high school au but it didn't turn out good enough so I gave up on it and I'm going to be starting another one that will be better so please stick around for that! I hope you guys are doing well and that you enjoy this story! If not please tell me what I can improve on and give me suggestions for new story ideas I'll be happy to do them and I will be better and uplaoded faster! Thank you for your patience and for 68 subscribers! I remember when I just had one and I thought that 5 would be my limit but look at me now, I am very thankful for every single one of you readers who take the time to check out my story and even more so to those who upvote and subscribe. It gives me motivation to write since I don't want to let you guys down! I promise to wrote more, I've just been busy with conferences, doing placement assesments for college and senior year in general. But thank you for readingf and please leave requests below or message them to me because I will always accept them! I hope you all have a lovely day/morning/night! Until next time my dudes -hyomoni

 

p.s I feel like I talk a lot so I hope at least one of you is reading these paragraphs at the end of the chapter I appreciate it lol okay bye now!