Darkness

Lily Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

The spell that killed me stops my breath

What used to make me laugh has been shut off from my ears

But still I hope to seek out the light I cannot find

I met you who changed the colors of my memories  

- Flower TK-


 

He opened his eyes but he couldn't see anything. It was pitch black. He was sure that this darkness had come for him...or perhaps from him. He was aching to hold a paint brush and paint. He patted his surroundings to find an object. Any object. He started to feel familiar with his atmosphere, he was in his apartment seated on the floor beside his bed. Found it. He could touch his phone but strangely the screen did not emit any light. He didn't know what button he was pressing, he didn’t realize who he had texted or what he had texted.

 

30 minutes later he heard a knock on his door. That's when he finally stood up after his long slumber to go open the door. He was greeted with big annoyed eyes that couldn't hide the fact that they were worried, and corner of their mouth curved downward stiffly.

 

“How did you get my number? I mean are you okay? Why didn't you contact your other friends?” the person said anger and relief mixed in his voice. He was sweating and his hair was tousled in a mess, soft trends sticking out. Arms crossed. A thin jacket recovering his shoulders. Mino had the urges to embrace him strongly and run his hands through the boy’s hair. It was hard to put in words what ge felt.

 

“Mino are you listening to me?” he questioned impatiently . It felt like he was opening his eyes for the first time in a while. Even that feeling felt strangely odd to him.  Mino pulled Seungyoon inside his apartment without a word before locking the door. “Can I paint you?” he asked. Seungyoon stared at him in disbelief  narrowing his eyes.

 

“ You are not thinking straight at all aren't you?”. The truth is that he had gotten the number from Jinwoo, he was okay, just lonely and he didn't even think of his other friends.

 

“I don't know….my body moved on it's own...maybe ….maybe I wanted to see you” Mino tempted. Seungyoon coughed a little “Do you know what time it is….” he said lowering his voice and avoiding Mino's gaze. He opened the light to the dimly lit apartment. It looked almost empty at the exception of the mess of painting tools and a row of empty canvas. Seungyoon couldn't really understand what was the urgency to paint that Mino had and why it had to be at this hour. “Would you at least show me your paintings?” he asked feeling a tad bit curious. Mino nodded directing him to a room.

The room was the only colorful thing in the whole house, an explosion of colors that Seungyoon could hardly believe they were painted by the man that had made him come over in a rush. They were paintings from caricatures, to sceneries, to abstract, realism,  objects and finally portraits. A painting had however caught his attention. It was one of a boy who had snow covering his whole hair, or maybe the boy’s hair was snow itself. He had his eyes on the sky and a smile on his face. He looked quite young. Seungyoon found it beautiful and pure. He wanted to ask who the boy was. He felt connected somehow to the painting as if it might be trying to tell him something.

 

“wow” he whispered, extending his arms to touch the face of the boy. Mino came to stand behind him, breath warming his nape. “It’s someone I saw that I couldn’t  get out of my mind.” He said staring at Seungyoon. “It’s...it's beautiful” Seungyoon admitted , his eyes meeting Mino's, the faint question of who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter