Pheasant eye

Lily Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I wanted to put a/n on top this chapter because I was so excited to announce and thank Android-Genius for heping me out through this chapter and of course more capter to come, she is amazing, the best! without her I would have wait a good 6 month before updating,She truly helped me revive this story and brought more confidence for me through this process (^w^).

/----------------------------------/----------------------------------------/-------------------------------------------/-----------------------------------/---------------------------------------------/---------------------/

“My heart will always open my hands to protect you,
until the you back then will turn and look at me”

-A little bit of pain-

 

Seungyoon blew a hot breath of air on his cold hands, attempting to ward off the chill of the winter day. He tapped his foot impatiently, crossing his arms and looking around.
“Sorry for the wait!” Mino yelled from a few meters away, running up to Seungyoon.
“You must have been cold” Mino said worried.
Seungyoon showed him his frozen hands, teasing him.
“I probably got frostbite thanks to you” Seungyoon said smirking.
Mino laughed, apologizing again. “How about sharing my gloves? Take one and I’ll use the other.”
Seungyoon thought that was a stupid idea but he’d never said no to any of Mino’s ideas. Mino impulsively took Seungyoon’s calloused hands and rubbed them between his own in an attempt to warm them up.
“Do your hands feeling a little better?” he asked.
Seungyoon was glad that his face was hidden under his scarf and that the cold had reddened his cheeks.
“Just a little” he replied, letting Mino put one of his blue gloves over his clasped hands.
They were both smiling like idiots. His fondness for his friend like a tulip; unrequited.
Those were the days of their youth before Seungyoon made the mistake of confessing to his best friend. It made him regret his decision to destroy the bond he cherished so much just because he couldn’t keep his feelings in check. Their friendship had transformed into an avoidance of each other within the school’s hallways, and even when returning home, the uneasiness aded. Mino’s family had come to live in Busan a few years ago, moving in next door to Seungyoon, and they had become friends instantly. Seungyoon would often be found following Mino’s wild ideas and weird interests, to the point that where one went, the other was always close by.


~

Seungyoon felt the chaotic pang of anxiety race through him. Knees buckling, in an instant he was emptying his stomach repeatedly. The one thing that kept racing through his head was that it was his fault, he had no one else to blame but himself. Just that thought was enough to make him want to scratch the skin off his face with his own hands.

‘Breathe, breathe, breathe.”

He had to find Mino.

.

.

.

~

Jolting from his thoughts, a lone tear escaped Seungyoon’s eye and fell unnoticed down his cheek as he gazed at the delicate red petals of the pheasant eye he had crushed between his fingers. Though his mind was a mess, he pulled himself together and got back to work. He was lucky no customer was around at the moment and that Jinwoo had gone out to run some errands. While he was thankful for the moment of peace, the calming atmosphere of the vibrant flower shop was a sharp contrast to the inner turmoil he felt within his colorless world.

 

~


For each time Mino averted his eyes from what was happening to Seungyoon, he sliced himself a little deeper. He was a man of such weak spirit that he couldn’t even stand up for his best friend, though he doubted they could even be called friends anymore. All he did was
run home and spend his nights locked up in his room crying, some days he didn’t even have the courage to go to school. He felt so powerless.

As he handed Seungyoon a pack of wet tissue to clean his injuries, he didn’t dare look up into his friend’s eyes. Eyes that were filled with such hope and trust even though the two of them were huddled at the back of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter