Day One, First meeting

Seven Days of Him

I turned around in utter chock. I couldn’t really grasp the reality of what had just happened, and so I stared emptily in disbelief. Haeni came in to my view and managed to take me out of my trance. I blinked for the first time in what felt like forever.

“Congrats”, she chirped. “See, I was right!”

I still didn’t really know what to say, so my face travelled around the classroom, facing all our classmates. Some people really didn’t care, others looked really confused. I mirrored that emotion inside, and everyone who saw me could see that the emotion was plastered on my face as well.

“Wow”, I could hear Chanyeol say. “I didn’t expect that. Didn’t think you had it in you.”

I could see a hint of a smile on his lips, which really just made me even more confused. I was finally able to pick up my voice, that probably fell two floors down when I shouted the last words to Sehun.

“I’m filled with surprises”, I answered him. I wish I could come up with a better comeback, but I am far from being the class clown, so to even come up with that I would have to call it a success.

“So, what are you gonna do now?” Haeni interrupts my not-so-terrific comeback.

“Eh”, I said, trying to come up with something. I haven’t even thought of that. All of this really just happened in the heat of the moment. “What should I do?”

I am so clueless about these things. Sure, I have seen so many romantic movies, and read many high school stories, and even fanfictions. None of that have really prepared me for a real-life situation, though. I really had no idea of what to do. I knew what I wanted to do, but those are inappropriate things to do to someone you don’t even know, so I guess I’ll leave that for later.

“You should talk to him”, Haeni urged me.

“How?” I knew his name and where he went to class, but it was soon time for school to start, so I couldn’t really run over there.

“Are you stupid?” Another remark from Chanyeol. I really did not know what I did to him to make him this grumpy towards me, but considering his usual outbursts only last for a few minutes I must have done something bad. “You know what every teen these days have? Facebook.”

“Are you stupid?” I retorted. I didn’t like his way, but I wasn’t the queen of wit, and so I came up with yet another terrible comeback. After the line that could probably have been said by a five-year-old, he shut up. He had a really stupid, almost funny, confused look on his face. I ended up smiling, a little bit satisfied that I managed to make him quiet, at least.

“Well, it was a good suggestion I have to say”, Haeni gave him the credit he probably deserved. Or maybe not, as it was an obvious solution. I will just blame it on the fact that I am not a morning person, and it is way too early for any kind of thought activity.

I took my phone out and the wi-fi. A few unread messages popped up from group chats. Nothing more. Not that I had anything to expect.

I logged on to Facebook and searched his name. It was the first suggestion under the search bar, as we had a few common friends and both had filled in the school we were attending. Haeni stared over my shoulder down on my phone, excited for my sake. I gave her a smirk and a look telling her it is a private conversation. Not that I knew what to write, but I wanted it to be only me who saw it.

“Ah, teacher is coming”, she said a little bit disappointed. All of the friend groups that usually formed before class to chit-chat broke up and everyone returned to their assigned seat. We were not allowed to use our phones during class, but before the teacher could say anything I sent a friend request, and a message.

Yo!

Creative. Very creative. I quickly put the phone away, hoping to not get caught with it.

 

I had to fight the urge to look at my phone with all my might. I didn’t want to lose it until the end of the day, as it would be my only means of communication with Sehun as far as I knew. The class went by quite smoothly, even though it felt like I was waiting for hours until the break. You know, as it feels like when you are waiting for something exciting. Nothing you do can make the time go any faster, and you just end up making it feel like it passes even slower.

Finally it was time for a break.

“Did he write anything?” Haeni turned around and asked even before I had fished up my phone from my pocket. Some other girls, as interested as Haeni also turned towards me. Everyone was curious. Well, not really, but it felt like that. No one from our class had gone out with him before, so this was new.

I was met with disappointment when I looked at the screen. Nothing.

“No”, I said, sounding sadder than intended. It kind of did hurt though, after getting my expectations up. What if he was just joking around? Going out with some other girl? Someone hotter? Someone smarter? Someone funnier? Well, the last two were not really that likely, as he didn’t really know me. But someone hotter was definitely a possibility.

“Don’t be too disappointed”, Risa, another classmate, said. I thought she did it to cheer me up, and as a thanks I gave her a smile. When I looked at her she gestured towards the door, though. “Prince charming has arrived to pick up his Cinderella.”

I looked straight on to his face, and our eyes met. I felt slightly shy, and so I looked away.

“Go to him”, Haeni ordered me. It was not an exhortation, it was a command. I took a deep breath, and did what she told me.

I could feel the looks I was getting when I was closing in on the doorway he was standing in.

“Yo”, he finally said with a smirk when I had almost arrived to where he was standing. That was a confirmation of him receiving my message. He moved away from the door, out in to the corridor, which was surprisingly empty, considering we had a break.

“Yo”, I said, repeating my message from earlier and walking out of the door after him. He smirked, and stopped to face me.

“So, you are my new girlfriend?” he said in a matter-of-factly kind of way.

“So it seems”, I said, trying to act chill. I coolly leaned towards one of the walls behind me, hoping to make a good first impression. Well, second. I hope my first one was not too terrible and that I had screwed it all up already. Why did I even care? He was going to be my boyfriend for a week, so it would be nice to get along, but I could just dump him, I guess, and it wouldn’t really be that big of a deal if he dumped me. I should stop pretending to be something I’m not.

He also leaned towards the wall, putting all the weight on one of his elbows. His face was really close to mine. Not uncomfortably close, just close. I could see why people swooned over him. I didn’t really think he was a good guy, I really believed in some kind of hidden dark secret of his past, yet he still managed to make my heart beat faster.

“You’re cute”, he said, and managed to make me blush. I felt like such a girly girl. I didn’t like it. I usually didn’t behave like this around anyone, and to be honest, I kind of disliked girls who did.

In one final battle, trying to regain some of my dignity I slipped away a little bit.

“Break is almost over”, I pointed out. “Don’t you have class?”

In a flash, I saw disappointment written across his face. I could as well have just imagined it though, as it was gone in under a second.

“Yeah”, he gave me a smile. “I’ll be back.” The last words he uttered in the voice of Arnold Schwarzenegger from Terminator. I couldn’t help but let a giggle slip out of my lips. I was usually the one who made that reference.

Seeming rather satisfied with himself at last, he turned around and walked away and I went back in to my classroom. Well inside I was bombarded with questions. I kind of doubted someone had not been listening in, but that did not really matter. 

My phone vibrated.

Lunch?

It felt like a rather short date suggestion, but as I assumed a lunch date was what everyone did while dating, I accepted by sending a happy smiley back. I didn’t want to seem too into it, so I tried to be as short as he had been.

 

I was feeling both nervous and excited for lunch to arrive, and when it finally did, the nervousness took overhand. Was this going to be my first date? I would most likely make a fool out of myself, in some way.

I was just going to send Sehun a message when someone knocked on my shoulder. Expecting it to be Sehun I turned around and smiled, only to be met by Haeni. It was not too bad of a sight, she’s pretty with her long raven black hair and big, dark, brown eyes, but I was expecting something else. Something with a little bit more testosterone. She had none.

“Disappointed?” she asked, like she could read my mind. I scoffed at her question, hoping that would answer her question, without actually hurting her. Even if I were to be completely honest I do not think she would be hurt, she is cool that way. I still did not want to take the chance of losing my closest friend in school. I liked her way too much for that. She was one of the people that is worth the effort of trying to keep.

“I was going to offer you to go eat lunch with me”, she then started, with a feigned mighty voice, “but I assume you have other plans.”

“Yeah.” I nodded and smiled at her. “I was just going to send him a message asking where we should meet.”

“No need. Prince charming has arrived. What a gentleman!”

She gestured towards the door where Sehun stood, pretty much at the same place and in the same position as he did during the break. He looked like he was modelling his clothes. Not like he was waiting for someone.

“He could improve”, I said teasingly. “A real gentleman should walk me all the way from my seat.”

At that remark Haeni laughed and I hugged her goodbye as I approached Sehun.

“What do you feel like eating?” He asked when I stopped in front of him.

“Are there even any options beside the canteen?” I asked, kind of hinting on where I wanted to go.

“There are quite a few restaurants nearby”, he told me, sounding rather surprised that I suggested to go to the canteen.

“Yeah, you know… I’m a student. Usually students’ don’t really have that much money to spend on dining out.”

“I’ll buy you food”, he suggested. “It’s a date, after all.”

“I will buy my own food, thank you”, I said, trying to finish the discussion. “Besides, I only have lunch for an hour, so I don’t really have the time to go somewhere else.”

“Ah, come on, the food in the canteen is not that great”, he pleaded with me. Pouting with his under-lip and making his eyes as large as possible. He looked cute, but I was not going to give in. I had to set down some ground rules, even if it was just for a week.

“You’re not going to fool me into something by just looking like that. Try something better. Canteen it is.”

I was a little bit afraid I sounded too demanding, but well, we were not actually dating for real, so I just shrugged it off.

After giving the suggestion some thought he eventually agreed, sounding like a five-year-old who had not gotten the toy he wanted from a store.

 


Ahhh second chapter, which is longer! Idk if I am happy about the lenght of the chapter now, or not, but I felt like it was a good place to cut it.

Shoutout to Alexajjang for commenting, I appriciate it! 

I have really no clue on where the story is going, so depending on your comments it might change course -hint hint-. Also, in this story Chanyeol is younger than Sehun by a year, heh. I know they have a different age in reality, but that is the best thing with fiction, it doesn't have to be real~~