Day Two, Noraebang

Seven Days of Him

So tell me, please,” I whispered in Yixings ear in Chinese. “Why is Chanyeol here?”

Not everyone could go to the noraebang, as they didn’t have the afternoon off, but we ended up being nine people all in all in the rather small room, still. The people that were now squeezed in to the room were Sehun, Haeni, Jiwon, Yixing, Jeongyoon, Jongin, Suho and -for some unknown reason to me- Chanyeol.

“You don’t know?” Yixing answered me, seemingly surprised. “He and Sehun have known each other since kindergarten or something, really good friends.”

“What?” I whispered a little bit higher. “But I’ve never seen them together in school?”

“Well,” he started. “They have their own friends, whom they tend to spend time with in school, but when Sehun is not on a date outside of school, Chanyeol often tags long with us.”

“I see.” After getting a better understanding of the situation I finally started focusing on what we were actually there to do.

Jiwon and Jeongyoon had picked a song to start off the day with. They were both not terrible singers, but not amazing either. It was kind of a slow ballade, which was really not a way to get the party started. I was secretly wondering why Jiwon had suggested we go to the noraebang if she wasn’t even serious with getting the mood up. The sad ballads should come later.

Since I still didn’t know most of the people here I didn’t really dare to add a song choice of my own just yet. I wanted to see what the others did first, and hopefully find someone who is terrible at singing before it is my turn.

Both Jongin and Suho chose a song to sing on their own, songs that they seemed to have sung quite a lot before. They were both very good singers, to be honest. Jongin also did the rap-part of his song very well. I was impressed and felt a little bit self-conscious being around people who were not terrible at singing.

Sehun hadn’t made a choice of a song to sing yet.

“You’re not gonna sing?” I asked him, who was seated on the side of me Yixing wasn’t sitting on.

“Are you not gonna sing?” He retorted. I hadn’t even looked in the book of songs, unlike him. “I’ll sing, if you sing first.”

“But I’m not a good singer”, I quickly said. “Everyone here has been good so far.”

“It’s fine, we’re only gonna judge you slightly”, he joked and gave me a wide smile. “Nah, but for real, just have fun. We are not gonna judge you at all.”

“I am”, Chanyeol, who had been sitting on the other side of Sehun and apparently had been listening to our conversation, added.

Sehun pushed him towards the side, and he almost crashed in to Haeni, who was seated beside him.

“Shut up”, he first said to Chanyeol and then turned towards me. “Just ignore him, he really isn’t worth paying attention to.”

Everything was said in a friendly tone, and it was just pleasant to see their relationship like this. Since they were joking in this manner without anyone being hurt, it really showed how close they were.

Chanyeol made a face towards Sehun, who completely ignored him in return.

“Pick something”, he encouraged me, and gave me the remote to add a song to the list. I knew what song to add, and I even knew the number by heart, as it was my standard song to sing at noraebang.

“y back with Justin Timberlake?” Chanyeol laughed at me. “Why?”

“This is my jam”, I answered him, giving him the same face he had made toward Sehun earlier. “I will kill it.”

“I believe in you”, Sehun once again encouraged me. “Fighting!”

After Suho’s song was over it was my turn to start to sing. Haeni joined me to do the background vocals, as you really can’t sing this song by yourself.

My choice of song was a lot more pumped up than the previous ones, and everyone finally started to get excited. They clapped along with the music and even made whooping sounds as I sang my heart out. Haeni and I danced around a little and we were having a blast there, not feeling uncomfortable at all when we finally got in to the music that was flowing out of the speakers.

As we finished we got standing ovations from people who approved of our performance. It felt nice. Even though I wasn’t really a good singer people appreciated the fun atmosphere that had been created.

“We killed it, didn’t we?” I jokily asked Chanyeol afterwards. He smirked in response and nodded.

“You did.”

“Woah, that was so fun”, Sehun commented before I handed him the mic. It was his time to sing.

I had been really excited about hearing him sing, but he had chosen Counting Stars, a song which everyone knew, and so everyone was singing along to it. Or rather, screaming along to it. We were all in high spirit and so we just let it all out. I was a little bit sad to miss the opportunity of hering him sing, but it was still fun enough for me to get over it quickly.

 A few more of those kinds of songs were sung before we went back to the slower ones. Suho had just sung quite a nice rock ballad, and Chanyeol and Yixing took the stage.

They decided to sing Stay with me by Punch. I had already realized Yixing was a good singer after listening to some of the songs he had sung this afternoon, but I almost dropped my chin when Chanyeol started on the verse. It was totally unexpected and his voice was truly… y, if I had to put it in words. I was entranced by the sound that came out of the lips that usually just left snide comments.

I was just staring at Chanyeol for the whole song, not realising Sehun tried to grab my attention until the very end.

“They’re not that good”, he said when he realised I was finally paying attention to him and not the singing couple. “You can close your mouth.”

He sounded a little bit irritated, but I guessed that was because he was getting a little bit tired. After all, we had been there for quite some time by now.

Sometime during me staring at the singers, mainly just Chanyeol, Sehun had picked a song. When their song finished he got up and almost tore the mic away from Chanyeol, who noticed hos rather frisky mood.

“Chill man”, he said and laughed. “No need to be that excited to sing a song.”

Sehun ignored him and waited for the intro of the song to start playing.

Chanyeol sat down beside me, taking Sehun’s spot. “I killed it as well, right?”

I was still awestruck and didn’t know what to reply to that. When it came to music I had a thing for bass voices. I had almost fallen for Chanyeol on the spot, only by listening to his voice. I sat there wide eyed, still with my mouth hanging open, shaking my head. I had no words.

“Dude”, he said, laughing at my reaction. “You know you are allowed to speak. Use your moth. Tongue. Those things, y’know?”

Before I could address his joke I heard the song Sehun had picked turn on. I quickly turned towards him, completely disregarding the person with the godlike voice I had just heard. Sehun was singing, rapping, one of my favourite songs. It was Alone by Outsider. A song I didn’t actually think people were able to rap as well as Outsider. I thought it was too fast. I was wrong.

Sehun did it. He did it perfectly.

I was awestruck once more in just a short while, still having my mouth open. During one of the verses he did a small mistake, and since I knew the words to this song by heart, I noticed. No one else did and he managed to finish it all clean, though.

Unlike when Chanyeol had finished his song I could talk now. I felt too silly not doing it, and also currently very excited.

“Wow”, I said impressed. “I didn’t think anyone could actually do that. So fast.”

“It’s one of my favourite songs”, he said and smiled. He seemed satisfied that he had made me impressed. I was very surprised by his statement.

“Really?” I answered him in slight disbelief. “It is one of mine as well. Maybe even the one.”

Now it was his turn to be surprised. “Really?”

I didn’t really get the time to finish that conversation as the music was loud when it came back on again, and so we couldn’t really hear each other. I had to drop the topic.

The afternoon turned in to night, and after four hours in the room everyone started to feel like it was time to wrap it up for the day.

We sang one last song together before we decided to not extend the time, thus getting out of the place.

“I’ll see you tomorrow”, Sehun waived the others off, and started walking beside me.

Everyone started walking different ways, with Sehun walking beside me and being the only one to walk in my direction.

“This was fun”, he stated, as a matter-of-fact. I nodded in response.

“Is there really anything you can’t do?” I was surprised by his level of skill when it came to rapping. It was one more thing to add to the list of why he is pretty much perfect.

“Nah”, he answered facetiously. “Well, I can’t cook, I guess.”

“Because of having chefs at home?” I said, teasing him. I knew he didn’t have chefs at home, I was just making fun of his wealth.

“Yeah”, he answered seriously. What? He had a chef at home?

“Are you kidding me?”

“No, I have never learned how to cook. Usually the chef cooks something or I just order take out.”

“So you mean you have never cooked?” I asked, still doubting his words. He must be joking.

He nodded.

I was standing beside him, staring at him in disbelief.

“Well, I tried cooking once”, he started. “But it didn’t go that well…. And I have never tried since.”

For the second time this day I was very surprised. I barely even knew how to react to this. I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it, everyone was different, but I couldn’t stop myself from doing just that.

“I’ll teach you”, I suggested after finally accepting the unbelievable fact.


 

Idk if I will be able to update next week guys... I'll try to make time for it, but I have two exams coming up in uni, and I'm so nervous about them, so we'll see T_T 

On a more happy note, I got 10/10 on my practical speaking exam yesterday at least! (One less exam to worry about~)